Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra or Mustang???

Default Supra or Mustang???

Ok, what would you rather have? Supra or Mustang???

I would go with the Supra. The power that you can get out of Supra is breath taking. The high-end power just kills everything on the road. Also, they look good.

......... this is a no-brainer....

It really depends on what you like i guess.....

If you like to go FAST.... Supra....

If you like to make noise and annoy the shit out of people.... get a Stang....

If you like to suck ass.... get an Evo....

If you like all three... EVANGPRA is the car for you my friend!!!

Guess I should have gotten a stang LMAO

Banned

mustang if you wanna build somthing sickiningly fast for relatively cheap....supra if you want everyone to crowde around you when you pull into a parking lot like you're a friggin idol....but i'd go mustang just because v8's rawk and i love a mustangs tone

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Eh I'd agree with Z for the most part. If your an average person, definatly a mustang. So cheap to get power out of em. Now if you got huge bucks and ya need a fancy lookin' car to make ya feel big, Supra = P

Nahh... j/k about the last part. But basically it just comes down to what you want.. A supra and a Mustang are 2 totally different cars, if you can't pick between the 2, save your money = P Mustangs are cheap, fast, american muscle. Supra's are fast, not as cheap as Mustangs, nice lookin' car. But 2 totalllllly different rides.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Mustang if the back of your neck is redder than Hyper50's car and you are missing 13 teeth......

Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you. I just want to ride in one.

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you.
    Ya... but the funny thing about supra's is this: What does a 400hp supra and a 700hp supra have in common? They both run 12's.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by mogallo
    Mustang if the back of your neck is redder than Hyper50's car and you are missing 13 teeth......
    Hey hey hey, the redneck car of choice is the third gen f-body, not Mustangs = P
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Quote Originally Posted by HyPer50
    Ya... but the funny thing about supra's is this: What does a 400hp supra and a 700hp supra have in common? They both run 12's.

Not really.....that's where driving skills come to play and also tunning. Also if the Supra has a ball bearing turbo or not.

But why are you are scared to race them in anything further than the 1/4....... or from a roll....

Banned

i have always thought of supra's as a top end highway car after the turbos spool but with a mustang just toss a nice blower on it and beef up the internals and you have a sick light to light car....i dunno....and hyper is right the 3rd gen is by far the redneck ferrari no question on that

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

But why are you are scared to race them in anything further than the 1/4....... or from a roll....
    Thats cause Supra's are more top end cars lol, I wouldn't be "scared" to race anything from a roll. Actually as my car sits right now with the z rated 275/40/17's on the back, I do better from a roll than stopped. Unless I ease off the line I smoke my tires to shit off the line. So race me from 30 and we'll see how it goes = )
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Hey Hyper50, your numbers that you have posted is that on pump or racing fuel?

30-180???

I dont see why more people dont twin turbo their stangs.... those can get pretty sick!!!!

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Hey Hyper50, your numbers that you have posted is that on pump or racing fuel?
    pump. i've never ran race fuel in my car.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you. I just want to ride in one.

You'll get to.... as long as you like holding a video camera so we can have some good threads for the Kill Stories section of this forum!!!

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

I dont see why more people dont twin turbo their stangs.... those can get pretty sick!!!!
    There are some around. My buddy Barry has a twin turbo 90 lx. Has around 450 the wheels I think. The car is a true sleeper, the car is dead silent til he gets on it. He's won a few money races (I'm not into that) against some unsuspecting people.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Banned

when i hear a v8 mustang acceleratin i'd rather hear the wine of the S/C than the psh psh of bov's lol

To me nothing sounds better than listening to a turbo spool

Banned

ahhhhhhh but a big ole blower on a big ole v8 is just beautiful and sounds even better

Quote Originally Posted by Z71StarsNBarsZ71
    ahhhhhhh but a big ole blower on a big ole v8 is just beautiful and sounds even better

I guess eveyone's got their own taste. lol

The one and only Buddha buddha@TeamFX's Avatar

i have a buddy that has a 92 coupe with a stroke 460 in it all in all i think its a 512 or something...but redneck is a choice and a way of life..i know no other way than it...but for cheap bang for the buck u have to build a foxbody...one of the best hooking cars on the road if the suspension is tuned right and can be done for little money...
    Year One R&D/New Product
    Budget Boy's Performance EST. 2005
    "We're bustin ours, to kick yours"

im with cliff as well nothing like seeing a classic chevy or ford with a big blower through the hood and some fat tires outback
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -55blowerbelair-jpg   -bigblocks-10-jpg  
    Year One R&D/New Product

Ive always wanted a Mustang..

Ok, what would you rather have? Supra or Mustang???

I would go with the Supra. The power that you can get out of Supra is breath taking. The high-end power just kills everything on the road. Also, they look good.
    mk3 supra all the way

Although it isnt the greatest platform in the world the mk3 supra gets absolutely no respect. I cant tell you how many times i've told someone i had a supra... just for them to act all dissappointed when i tell them it isnt the 93-98(mk4)

As long as you take care of your engine you can compete with the mk3 for relatively cheap. Ask Jared pink(raven something on the board). He has about 6000 bucks into an mk3 he paid 2500 for and he's expecting to be in the 11s. A healthy mk3 will run mid 14s to low 15s bone stock. With exhaust and maybe MBC you can expect low 14s high 13s

although that headgasket problem isnt a myth it is easily prevented if you take proper care of your car. Stock gasket can take up to about 15 or 16 lbs of boost but you hit fuel cut at around 14 anyway.

Maybe i am a little biased but it's still an awesome car that gets no respect.

im a money freak and keeping value is ideal for me. So thus buying a supra would be my choice plus i love the sound of a good turbo spool.
    13 FRS
    89 Wrangler Sahara
    91 MR2-T

turbo spool is the best..... budah, i think i know who youre talking about, but i thought his car was 1020whp???? TT + Nitro???

im not sure..there are a couple boys up my with em...i think todd berry has one and i know that scott walker just purchased one...
    Year One R&D/New Product

yeah i think i met berry one night.... i couldnt get over how quiet his car was man!!! i loved it!!!

It really depends on what you like i guess.....

If you like to go FAST.... Supra....

If you like to make noise and annoy the shit out of people.... get a Stang....

If you like to suck ass.... get an Evo....

If you like all three... EVANGPRA is the car for you my friend!!!

Guess I should have gotten a stang LMAO

LOL!!!!!

If you like to spend an ass load of money.... get a supra

If you like to get beat by an evo.. get a stang

If you like to have the best of both worlds, track and twisties.. get an evo or an sti.

If you like to act like a prick and think your shit doesn't stink.. and still run slower times than an evo.. get an N/A supra and put a big turbo on it.

Val for President.

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
    LOL!!!!!

If you like to spend an ass load of money.... get a supra

If you like to get beat by an evo.. get a stang

If you like to have the best of both worlds, track and twisties.. get an evo or an sti.

If you like to act like a prick and think your shit doesn't stink.. and still run slower times than an evo.. get an N/A supra and put a big turbo on it.

If ya want to blow 30k on a brand new car that looks like your typical soccer mom's grocery getter with a huge wing and cowl hood bolted on it, buy an Evo or STI = P

If ya want to spend 30k and smoke Evo's all day long, get an 03-04 Cobra = D
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

If ya want to blow 30k on a brand new car that looks like your typical soccer mom's grocery getter with a huge wing and cowl hood bolted on it, buy an Evo or STI = P

If ya want to spend 30k and smoke Evo's all day long, get an 03-04 Cobra = D
    lol, who cares? it all comes down to what you like, doesn't it? this post was created to start shit - and it's working. sti, supra, evo, mustang - who cares, so long as you drive it hard and love your car.

my post was a joke, btw.

Val for President.

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
    lol, who cares? it all comes down to what you like, doesn't it? this post was created to start shit - and it's working. sti, supra, evo, mustang - who cares, so long as you drive it hard and love your car.

my post was a joke, btw.

Hey, I dont even remember seeing the STI's or Evo's invited into this, the title is Supra or Mustang = P lol it's cool, I'm just playin' anyways. Nahhh I like Evo's and STI's, I just personally can't stand the looks. They're fast tho, I'll give em that lol.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

hey he was the one that brought evos in saying we suck ass!!! that's cool - i don't like the way a lot of cars look, but i can give respect. we're really not that fast if you catch us on the highway. but from 0-120ish we rule. which i don't need to be going faster than that anyways, i've already lost my license once, LOL

Val for President.

Mustang for me. Supras are nice cars, but how useable is all that top end power? With 3 mods my car makes 450+ rwhp. 3 more and I will be around 530 rwhp. As of now my torque curve is almost flat. from 2000 rpms i'm over 400, and it goes up to a peak of 474 at 5700 rpms. I enjoy the hell out of this car because the power is through out the entire rev band. The best part of all is that it drives like stock.
    04 Terminator

For the guys that said that they prefer the sound of a turbo check out my cousin's car.
    http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/for...nein10secs.wmv
    04 Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by Thrust
    For the guys that said that they prefer the sound of a turbo check out my cousin's car.
    http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/for...nein10secs.wmv

I love Mark's car man!!!! I'm still waiting on those videos we took the other night.... i think the guy i gave them to disappeared off the face of the earth....

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Supra is a nice car but its expensive if you buy a 93-98 TT car. It takes what about 15K minimum usually to buy a nice 93 or 94 TT and then you do the basic BPU mods you have at most 450 or so rwhp with maybe about a 2,000 investment (is that about right)?

MK3 supras are cheap but come with pretty wimpy engines as compared to the 2JZ. You can take a fox body mustang 87-93 car with a bone stock engine,put a HP or PTK single turbo kit and have an easy 400 rwhp car with around 11-12 psi for way less then any supra. An 03 cobra would be the ideal car to get if you want to go fast for cheap and still have a reliable motor up to 800 hp.

or you can be like me,i have an 87 mustang fox body notchback with a built motor (aftermarket heads,intake,cam...it made 400 flywheel hp WITHOUT THE TURBO ANR RAN 11.97@115) with an intercooled T-76 turbo. I'm building it to run with the supras and bikes from a roll and will run from a stop too (hello mickey thompson 17 inch drag radials....Evos or STis don't scare me). I guarantee my car will easily make 550 rwhp at very low boost (10 or so psi) and have an insane torque curve and fast spoolup (37-3800 rpm) compared to any kind of supra with a similar turbo and mine is dual ball bearing Turbonetics unit as well.

So whats up now!

MUSTANG+TURBO=SUPRA OWNAGE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast