Thread: Dyno results... '05 RX-8/Shinka

Default Dyno results... '05 RX-8/Shinka

Hey folks.. just got off the dyno yesterday over in Marietta at DynoLab... and I did better than I thought I would. Bone stock, the RX-8/Shinka pulled a ~187whp... but what I don't get is the torque graph and what starts to happen at ~120mph, and then above ~130mph.

If anyone has an idea, please let me know - I'm dying to figure this out... coils maybe? I've got 16,600 miles on it, so I should need new coils. The plugs and wires are only about 4,000mi old so that ain't it....

I'm all out of ideas here, open to hearing some things from anyone who would have a good guess even?

Attaching graph.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '05 RX-8/Shinka

It doesn't take a genius to mash the gas pedal... but can you drive?

Nice graph, the cars looks to be on par HP wise, but I have seen few graphs of the RX-8. It looks to be where it should though.

Time to get the Greddy Turbo Kit for $2900.

What are the rest of the plans for the car? I have a list of good parts to get and the best prices on them. If you need anything, and/or need it installed then give me a call (404) 452-7691 Michael

Yea... I don't think so on the Greddy Turbo kit... no turbos for this baby. I've heard so many horror stories about waiting months for their parts to come in, cars dying on idle, rough idling, etc, etc... I think no for the turbo.

I'll work on other parts maybe in the near future, but the engine is staying NA
    '05 RX-8/Shinka

It doesn't take a genius to mash the gas pedal... but can you drive?