Thread: Attn FLASH MX Junkies!!!!

Default Attn FLASH MX Junkies!!!!

Ok guys, I am duplicating a movie clip becuase i want to use the same movment but i want to edit the images inside the clip. Its basically a fancy image scroller. Once i duplicate and give it a new instance name, i go in to the clip to change a photo, after the change i noticed that the photo also changes in the original clip that now has a diffrent instance name and movie clip name than the one i am editing. what the heck am i doing wronge, should i not be duplicating the clips or somthing? any help at all please. thanks
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Danny,
    The reason the instance is changing is because you are actually changing the symbol instead of the instance you want to change. When you change an instance, Flash doesn't change the symbol, but when you change the symbol (the original instance, the one from the library) it changes all instances. For example, if you had a symbol that was a blue circle and placed two instances on the board, then changed one of the instances to pink, you would have a blue circle and a pink circle. If you then changed the symbol in the library from a blue circle to a blue oval, your movie would then contain a blue oval and a pink oval, because any changes made to the symbol will affect the instances, whereas any changes made to the instances will not affect the symbol. Hope this helps, it may be easier if I were looking at your situation.
    05 Chrysler 300 - Kitted on 22s
    06 Quad Cab Dodge Ram 1500

^^thanks, i figured it out i belive, i still have lots to learn. there is actually MCs inside of MCs. So its kinda weird, gotta get used to it. thanks.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."