Thread: Question on Insurance

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Question on Insurance

Hey guys- I've been kicking around the idea of getting a bike to have around Milledgeville.

My biggest concern is insurance... How bad would insurnace be on a say 3grand bike, no larger than a 600cc motor, for a 19 year old male? Im figuring its outrageous but just wanted to check.... Had a friend in high school and his motocycle insurance was cheaper than his 95 GSR integra's.

Any one know much on insurance for bikes? I dunno if it makes a difference but my step-dad has 4 bikes too so if I used his carrier would we get any discount for having like 5 bikes?
    jeep wrangler tj
    suzuki sv650s
    victory vegas 8 ball

IA Member

yea
    it is cheaper... my gsr is 3 grand a year..
    i only pay 70 with uninsured motorist coverage liability..
    if you want the full its almost the same price as the car...

and im hte same category as you..

emartu

yeah, liability (can't have on a bike until it is %100 paid for) is pretty cheap for bikes...its kinda scary if you think about why that is though...you aren't going to total a car or kill someone in a car with your bike very easily, if you do then chances are you're dead too.

i think on my first bike, a 96 katana my insurance was only like 40 a month, no coverage against uninsured motorists though.

Drifter/Kneedragger

my liability on my 954 was $52/mo, but progressive just raised it to $80/month for no apparent reason. but rates will vary greatly from company to company so shop around a bit.

30047-REDLINE, WAT REDLINE? 10k Shifts ALL day

paid $375 for a whole year on my 2003 zx9r liability only..progressive insurance

30047-REDLINE, WAT REDLINE? 10k Shifts ALL day

if you get insuracne make sure you get personal body damage insurance too, thats what i'm about to add....just incase you take a fall or hit someone else but hurt your self bad...hospital bills are outrageous

Senior Member | IA Veteran

awesome... thanks guys... i will definately have to call and find out cause i am really wanting a bike all of a sudden, lol.
    jeep wrangler tj
    suzuki sv650s
    victory vegas 8 ball

NANNERPUSS

i know when i was looking at getting a bike it was cheap as shit, i was looking at a cbr600f4i and for full coverage i think it was like only like 800 per year and im only 19 but i could be wrong

I just have base ins and its $150 a year

mine was 320 a year for liability on a 98 gsxr600 and im 25