Thread: Why would you take your Audi/VW over any other German Competitors(BMW, Saab, Volvo..)

Certified Gearhead

Default Why would you take your Audi/VW over any other German Competitors(BMW, Saab, Volvo..)

In your opinion why would you pass up on the opportunity to get an Bimmer, Volvo, or any other german car to have your Dubb that you have now? Personally, I have an A4 1.8t now, but if i had the opportunity to choose between getting an S4, R32, or something like an M3 it would be a tough choice because you cant go wrong with any choice and each have their own benifits and downfalls in comparison to the others..

Senior Member | IA Veteran Chuckster's Avatar

cheap car, cheap insurance, and can be fast for cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by cougarbball310
    Bimmer, Volvo, or any other german car

volvo's german i thought it was swedish????

Certified Gearhead

guess im retarted lol

IA KING

volvo's german i thought it was swedish????
    lol.... *slap-head*

One question guys.........What does D.U.B means? thanks

DUB is slang for 20".... We call our cars dub, short for " Vee Double-U"...or "V-DUBS"
    I have a "DUB" sticker on my car, because it has 20", not because it is a VW.

I Like VW over most other German(And swede) counter parts because the quality is VERY high, price is very low. In my 03 Jetta, it was $22,020, after a $500 chip, I was as fast or faster than anything Audi has, (S4s are my speed at the drag strip...when stock)...and I've seen them actually much slower at Commerce.
    So I have nearly identical acceleration for 1/2 the cost. I dont have alot of the small luxuries that an S or an M has, but I didnt pay for them either.

If $ were no prob, I'd rock an E46 M3......Thats just me though.
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar1.8T
    DUB is slang for 20".... We call our cars dub, short for " Vee Double-U"...or "V-DUBS"

I Like VW over most other German(And swede) counter parts because the quality is VERY high, price is very low. In my 03 Jetta, it was $22,020, after a $500 chip, I was as fast or faster than anything Audi has, (S4s are my speed at the drag strip...when stock)...and I've seen them actually much slower at Commerce.
    So I have nearly identical acceleration for 1/2 the cost. I dont have alot of the small luxuries that an S or an M has, but I didnt pay for them either.

I would choose the e46 m3 too

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar1.8T

I would choose the e46 m3 too. i dont think any car in its class can touch it.

IA KING

i chose my dub over a volvo 240 & a 3series bmw.... power to $$$ i would choose the dub any day, but if $$$ was no option LOTUS or BMW

-=Mi4=-

VW = poor mans bimmer
    so ill take 2 vw's please....

Quote Originally Posted by mi4dub
    VW = poor mans bimmer
    so ill take 2 vw's please....
    I know that was sarcasm, yet I agree .......and disagree. I have 2 late model VWs (03, 04.5) and I almost sold mine and bought an E46 M3 when we were lookin to get a 2nd car. It just would have take the place of both cars. I decided to be smart and get the second car for the wife.
    I think its more like BMW is a rich mans VW
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier