Thread: B18b Block Question

Certified Gearhead

Default B18b Block Question

I am getting ready to build up my ls motor for a turbo set up! I am wondering what is the best thing to do for my block. I was going to take it to a machine shop and get in resurfaced and maybe sleeve it. I was just wondering what would be the best for my block.

A.K.A. GA Teg

really depends on how much boost and compression you are going to run. Most of the time if you are going to invest money then releeve it and upgrade your pistons and rods and have the crank checked. Vteckidd on here can give you some more insight or you can go to www.honda-tech.com and research it a little more over there, tons of info.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by civic-r11
    I am getting ready to build up my ls motor for a turbo set up! I am wondering what is the best thing to do for my block. I was going to take it to a machine shop and get in resurfaced and maybe sleeve it. I was just wondering what would be the best for my block.
    there is no shop locally that can sleeve, and i wouldnt trust any machine shop locally regardless of what they say.

However, i can get GE (golden eagle sleeved blocks) for cheap. I recently bought 3 blocks for some customers of mine, they run $1150 each for GSR blocks, with godzilla sleeves and o ringed

That includes machine work (bore/hone) and you ca n go up to 85mm.

what are your goals? if you want 300-350whp, just resurface the block, and get lower compression rods an pistons. for this type of machine work contact SCOTS MACHINE SHOP in fayettville
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net