Thread: Possible B16a2 probbem

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

Question Possible B16a2 probbem

alright, so this is whats up....lately my car has been actin real funny......when taken off in first gear, its like my car is stuttering.....i.e if you shift from one gear to teh next and your rpm is too low, your car stutters and you probably have to downshift untill your rpm is higher, then shift up....well intially i thought maybe it was my pcv valve, i replaced it and i still had the problem....theres no leaks with my clutch fluid etc...i need a new clucth but i dont think that is the problem b/c shifting into gear isn't that big of a deal...im thinkin it may be a fuel problem or what not, but the thing is, it doesn't always happen, it just happens to me randomly.....well i drove around with my friend and he thinks i may have got water in my CAI.....i doubt that may be it but it could be( he got water in his CAI so he thinks anything wrong with a motor is that), my motor isn't hydrolocked though, maybe i need a new filter, mines is kind of dirty.....could maybe be a dirty injector, maybe need new spark plugs....has anyone ever had a problem like this with their motor....if so what did you do to fix it, or if you have any suggestions on what it may be and how to fix it....im pretty good ( not great) with cars and this has me stumped, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it, thanks for readin and responding in advance

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

A.K.A. GA Teg

Had a friend with an ITR that would buck gawd awful sometimes turned out she had to replace the distributor.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

throwin a wha? im not too sure what that is....is that abbrieviated for somethin?

Certified Gearhead nooneimportant's Avatar

i think he is talking about a code.

FUN FUN FUN
    MI-4

A.K.A. GA Teg

CEL= Check Engine Light this will light up if there are any codes thrown.

The ITR never once threw a CEL and it became a pain in the butt until the distributor was replaced, now it is normal and runs strong.
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

oooh...my check engine light never came on....only time its been on when my o2 sensor went out.....but im thinkin it may be the distributor too...i never had to replace one, how much do they run?....its sad i know alot of aftermarket prices but dont know any oem prices

A.K.A. GA Teg

depends on where you buy it from they can range anywhere from $175 up. I think the one that went on the ITR was factory Acura and it was close to $350 I think she said.
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

geeez ....i guess i better know if thats the case before i just buy a new one

IA MEmber

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Teg
    Had a friend with an ITR that would buck gawd awful sometimes turned out she had to replace the distributor.
    had that problem w/ my mustang, roasted the distributor.... gears inside were trashed and it bucked really bad.

sounds alot like a camshaft position sensor problem... not sure how they are setup on your car though. on my car, if the cps comes disconnected for whatever reason it really stumbles and nearly sounds like its running on 3 cylinders. on alot of hondas it is built into the distributor... but im not sure about the 99-00 Si's.

word? man i really appreciate ya'll help on dis, imma look into all of it this weekend when i have time...