Thread: EG hatch built my way

Default EG hatch built my way

I am originally from Cobb county but i have been moved to California due to the military. Will soon be headed back to the south but thought i would post a bit of progress on my build as of now.

As of now i have my 92 Hatch. I bought it with a b16 swapped into it and have loved every minute of it. Well me being the person i am decided i wanted more and i didn't want to buy a b18c for it or do the LsVtec so i decided to build my B16a which is where i sit right now. I have the motor completely pulled and wire and brake tuck is being done while i have a clean bay. A color change is happening among other things. I started the build about 2 months ago but haven't been on here in a while and since im headed back i figured i would get some comments and input on what i have so far.

I am building the head with blox stage 3 cams, supertech flat valves, dual titanium valve springs and keepers. Going to be running some adjustable cam gears just don't know which ones yet ( ideas for budget but good gears accepted). Will be running a stock intake manifold with cold air intake and stock fuel injectors ( unless i can acquire better ones before i leave California). The bottom end is being redone but with all stock parts until i get back home then im going to get a spare block and build the heck out of it. Well enough with the talk this is what i have so far. Looking for a few parts, will post in the fleamarket or wanted section as well but if you have these parts or know someone with them please key them my way. I need:

* adjustable cam gears
    * fuel rail
    * Fuel pressure regulator
    * spark plug cover

Here is the beginning platform. The previous owner for some reason had some 19" wheels on it so when i put my 15" wheels on it, it gave that god awful wheel gap. Will definantly be take care of soon

awkward self shot of pulling the motor

motor out of that dirty bay but already about half done with the wire tuck at that point

Brake lines removed, wire tuck complete and primed ready for paint

decided to go ahead and take the brake booster off too before i painted and this is the final product

The whole bay is metallic like this. It looks blue but its Firemist Purple

Finished valve cover. Not too bad for a garage paint job in the middle of the desert

Not bad. Liking the color.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.