Thread: h22A1 question

Default h22A1 question

I'm pretty sure evryone on here knows about the jdm type-S motor in the 5th gen lude.
    My question is, is it possible for the internals of the type-S motor (pistons, rods, cam gears, camshafts, etc...) to be put in a H22a1 or H23.
    I just bought a lude last week, and the engine has an oil leak, more than likely, it's the crank seal. Should I get that fixed and build up my h23 or just drop an H22A1 in. Also how much would just the engine and ECU cost for a JDM H22A1.
    Also can someone plzzz tell me the difference between longblock and shortblock and include what comes w/ each.
    Any info will be highly appreciated.

A.K.A. GA Teg

Short block is an automotive term describing a bare engine including the block, crankshaft, and pistons, but not including the head, manifolds or any accessories like alternator or power steering pump. May or may not include camshaft. The camshaft will probably be included if the engine is a pushrod design and will not be included if it uses an overhead camshaft.

In other words, a short block is only the "bottom end" of the engine

Long block is an automotive term describing a bare engine including the block, head, valves, crankshaft, camshaft, and pistons, but does not include the manifolds or any accessories like the alternator or power steering pump. May not include the oil pan or valve covers.

Really depends on what your overall goal is going to be. If you just want to get it fixed for now and save your money, fix the H23. If you want performance it can go either way but most like the H22. If you want a good bit of ideas check out www.Honda-Tech.com and just read.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

thanks a lot for the information.