Thread: Project "finished". Before/After pics.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Project "finished". Before/After pics.

finally stopped being lazy and finished up this bike today. swapped the tanks, changed plugs, tightened the timing chain, did the clean air mod and did a few snip this/unplug that tricks, also cut the yoshi slip in half, riveted it back together and ceramic coated it. Still a few edges to tighten up and will probably redo it completely when riding season is over, but for now... project finished.

Before.

After

Have a hand brake and finger clutch setup coming and probably gonna throw a street cage on it, been messing around attempting to learn how to stunt. Can ride a decent wheelie, but that's about it. Probably set this bike up to be a stunter and maybe get a 05-08ish cbr1000 for go fast entertainment.

Hope you like. Rattle can + sawzaw job here.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 08-12-2012 at 02:22 AM.

I Am, A Stunt Man

what did you sawzaw? and great turn out man! i remember this bike before you got it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrunkScotsman
    great steal , its like a sore dick ,ya cant beat it!

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

I liked it better before. Im not fond of all the stickers, random shit everywhere, or the god awful spray painted exhaust.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Christopher View Post
    what did you sawzaw? and great turn out man! i remember this bike before you got it
    cut the exhaust in half, i liked the way it looked when i got it, but it had a pretty fair amount of rash and the big ass tank dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit View Post
    I liked it better before. Im not fond of all the stickers, random shit everywhere, or the god awful spray painted exhaust.
    i feel ya, it's tacky but on purpose. for what it is.... executing the "tacky" crotch rocket style seemed more suited than trying to make a show bike. Also, miss the part about making it a stunt bike?

I liked the exhaust better in stainless too, but after cutting it and having to hammer on it, needed to cover up some scratch and dent. Ceramic coated it, but it was dull and grey looking, so went over the ceramic with some semi-gloss high temp grill paint. def sounds a lot cooler.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 08-12-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Personally, I like the "after" more. Since its not high gloss anymore, it's a lot easer to look at it and the random sticker placement help for the stunter look

EDIT: I take that back, vvv That paint job is too pretty to be for a stunt bike
    Last edited by Genji-Sama; 08-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT .........

hard to get the picture to capture it, but there's a "flip flop" pearl over all of it, in the sun it looks interesting from some angles.

And my top let back never_finished's Avatar

I like. Much better then before. I even kinda like the exhaust. Good job.

LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lolol-png  

2jz-gte ftw!!!

wow.... turned out pretty good. nice job man

05srt4

DUDE we have the same muffler..does it sound good to u after the shortty cut? makes my gsxr sound pretty nasty. bike looks great bro good job!

I Am, A Stunt Man

now take my integra so i can have another bike lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrunkScotsman
    great steal , its like a sore dick ,ya cant beat it!

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy_smurf View Post
    DUDE we have the same muffler..does it sound good to u after the shortty cut? makes my gsxr sound pretty nasty. bike looks great bro good job!
    It sounds much better than it did with the stock yoshi. It's almost twice as loud without any loss of sound quality. Did lose a small amount of low end torque though, f4is seem to like the back pressure from donkey dick exhausts. picked up some mid range power though

Changed windshield to a smoked zero gravity
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 08-17-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Christopher View Post
    now take my integra so i can have another bike lol
    If you're serious, send me some pics and i'll sleep on it. EVERYTHING is for sale, ALWAYS.

like stickers bra?

Certified Gearhead

honestly, I'm not a red fan, but the scheme looks really good with your bike. However, the rainbow pearl is not doing it for me and the stickers are overdone. Some stickers look good and some don't.

BTW, If this was all done by cans than u are the best rattle sprayer I have seen.lol U should just consider getting some cheap paint guns instead of using the cans. The harbor freight gun is a throw away but ok for some uses. I'd recommend getting the cheap Vapor set from northern or a paint supply store. They shoot good and are cheap. Plus you have a free replacement warranty for $7 at northern.lol
    THE CLEANEST DA in GA

Quote Originally Posted by Blackknightg View Post
    honestly, I'm not a red fan, but the scheme looks really good with your bike. However, the rainbow pearl is not doing it for me and the stickers are overdone. Some stickers look good and some don't.

BTW, If this was all done by cans than u are the best rattle sprayer I have seen.lol U should just consider getting some cheap paint guns instead of using the cans. The harbor freight gun is a throw away but ok for some uses. I'd recommend getting the cheap Vapor set from northern or a paint supply store. They shoot good and are cheap. Plus you have a free replacement warranty for $7 at northern.lol
    Guilty as charged. pearl isnt that big of a factor in the appearance, you can hardly see it. Direct sunlight, up close to the bike, you see it. I'm gonna buy some real paint guns since i enjoy painting so much. Ladies seem to like the pearl, they always comment.

Quote Originally Posted by deutshwise View Post
    like stickers bra?
    On recreational vehicles, yes.