Thread: f22 question

Lights and Sirens

Default f22 question

how reliable are these engines, jw how many miles before these suckers tend to have issues... or if they run forever like most well lubed hondas...

run forever...

134K miles on mine... and its boosted they are realiable even when boosted......
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

IA KING

i had 150+k on mine before the tranny blew... good motors and cheap to work on, you can get them on ebay for few 100$...

i have 90k on mine, and i drive it hard all the time, and sometimes with nitrous
    no problems, IMO f series are great motors, and they have good torque, well, for hondas

Blah

I had 110K on mine when I bought it. It probly woulda lasted me forever, but the guy that owned it before me blew the valve cover gasket and didn't realize it. I slowly lost oil until the damn thing blew on me. I got a new one with 40K on it and have put 25K on it and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with it. I am about to put a head package on it and possibly boost it if I don't sell the car in a year.

Certified Gearhead

i gave my dad my first car which is a 92 accord it now has 280k miles on it never had to change out the engine the lady that owned the car before me changed the tranny at 110k, and my fiancee has a 97 oddysey which also has the f22 and it has 180k never had a new engine or tranny awesome cars cheap to fix and run forever

Hand Built Self Made batlbrandon's Avatar

I think I am the biggest proponent of the f22. had 177k on my 94 before I wrecked it, lost the tranny at 150k. I was very abbusive. i liked mine so much I bought another one for just in case.

IA Member

The only thing ive found to go wrong with 5th gen accords is the radiator tends to need to be replaced. At least that is what has happened to my accord and my friends.
    92 Prelude Si
    Milano Red H23a1

Boosted 4door

they are very strong motors..perfect for boost. 8.8:1 compression w/ ductile iron sleeves. Im boosting mine 8psi daily driven w/ 150,000 miles i could turn up the boost to 10psi-12psi and daily drive it, but 8 is fine for me.