Thread: 2 Totally different s13 builds, 1 shop, 1 crew. -S13, LSx, Drift car, SR content.-

Certified Gearhead

Default 2 Totally different s13 builds, 1 shop, 1 crew. -S13, LSx, Drift car, SR content.-

Guess I'll be number 2. This has been posted on 240atlanta with not too much response. If this site gets better response I will update it a lot more frequently.

Well, where do I start? I'll start by saying that I'll try not to bore the shit out of everybody with a lot of words. I do like to write though. lol. With that being said, I'll go ahead and introduce myself. I'm a 21 year old college student. I go to school at Ga Southern University. I daily a pretty nice boosted gsr. I owned an 08 r6 raven. Very fun bike, a blast to drive, and honestly, the ladies loved it. However, I've been a huge fan of drifting for a while now and I've always said I would build a car one day. I wasn't riding my bike enough and I was making monthly payments on it, so I decided to sell it. I went to Long beach for round 1 of FD this year and had a blast. My dad started asking questions about it so I started showing him videos and took him to round 2 of fd in atl. He fell in love. So, we decided we would slowly build a full out caged pro-am drift car. I am on a budget, but as many of you know I'm sure, when you have your dad interested, it's always a good thing on the money side of things.

Now that I've already wrote too much I guess I'll get to the actual build. I've just started and I'm already at somewhat of a halt. I had to go back to school for a summer class so I'm paused except the little of what my dad does while I'm back at school.

I picked up this mint (or so I thought.) 1990 s13 hatch shell from panama city. It has minty interior (which is for sale) and the body is pretty straight.

Hello Mr. Piggy

The bay and hatch had a little rust in it, but it's not big problem. (My dad worked in a body shop for a while and painted hotrods and race cars for about 30 years.)

So anyway, My first step is to clean everything and pull all the unneeded shit out.

Heres the rust in the bay and some in the hatch.

The rocker panel had a little damage so my dad taught me how to pull it out. Later we will bondo it when we are closer to being ready for paint.

On the motor end of things I have a built SR20. For some odd reason I didn't snap any pics of it and of course I'm not able to at the moment, but they will come soon.

Another exciting tid bit is that my dad calls me today from a salvage yard. He was going to pick up a few things that we needed. It just so happens that his buddy owned this yard. He wanted $75 for a hatch. My dad called to ask me if that was a good deal and I told him to ask how much for the whole car. The guy only wanted $400 buck for the car with a ka24de in it! It has some front end damage but everything I need is pretty much there. Its also rust free. I told my dad to pick it up asap. So it should be delivered to my house tomorrow sometime.

I've been pretty bummed out because I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave and come to school for a month when I just started a build. I'm really excited to get started actually "building" it instead of just pulling shit out and cleaning. I realize that's part of it though.
    I've been reading a whole freakin lot of build threads between here, zilvia and ka-t.org and I love how no matter if people like it or not, they are willing to give advice and help out if somebody is stuck. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you through here and maybe at events in the future.

I apologize for writing entirely too much but this should be the last time I write a novel. lol

Certified Gearhead

Well, 7 months later...

I'm just sitting in class bored as hell and I figure I would add a few pics to this thread with some of my progress. It was hella slow for a while because my car was back home in Macon and I live in Statesboro. Long story short, my best friend and "teammate" if you will, built a nice shop down here at his house. So now we have 2 drift cars with 2 totally different styles in the same shop at the same time. Its like living a dream.

393346_2465017820558_1105621326_32339909_209711388 0_n by d-man478, on Flickr
    I definitely need to work on that stance. lol. Overs and bigger tires coming soon.

z32 brakes by d-man478, on Flickr
    I opted to go with a 5 lug and Z32 brake swap. I got a bigger BMC and Chase bays in bay lines and SPL SS brake lines. I am also running a hydro e-brake. I spent way too much money on brakes. lol

shop by d-man478, on Flickr

shop 2 by d-man478, on Flickr
    A couple pics of our shop. This is where we spend every night.

yotas bay by d-man478, on Flickr
    Here is the other build I spoke of. Just a little V8

my bay by d-man478, on Flickr
    And here is my bay. Tubbed, rattle canned, yeah.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I will try to start updating this pretty regularly now because the progress is coming along a lot better.
    This is not even close to all this pics I have but I just got a new computer and thats all the ones I have on Facebook.

I realize I didn't explain much of anything but I will answer any questions about either builds.

Certified Gearhead

A couple of buddies of ours shoot for SouthrnFresh, so they did a little feature of our cars.

http://southrnfresh.com/wordpress/th...no-off-season/

http://vimeo.com/36592217

I never can get it to embed right. lol

Certified Gearhead

We just got the LS to start the other night, here is a short clip of the beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbFDn...99AUAAAAAAAAAA

Both cars will be getting tuned in the next few weeks. Be on the lookout for us at events! And don't be afraid to say hello!

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

I love my dad.. Just sayin!!

op is gay:boobies:

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    I love my dad.. Just sayin!!

Not sure if srs.

nice builds

Your get a IA shirt! I will PM you with the details. Cool build!

Wow.... dope build

I love SR's ... to this day the funnest car to drive was a GT28RS SR20.... maybe ~330whp if that

Nice work. What's that shop made out of? I'd love to build a cheap shop like that.

Certified Gearhead jonbuice5591's Avatar

hell yeah man. very nice. i look forward to seeing more of the build

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by isa2o3 View Post
    Your get a IA shirt! I will PM you with the details. Cool build!
    Awesome! Thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    Wow.... dope build

I love SR's ... to this day the funnest car to drive was a GT28RS SR20.... maybe ~330whp if that
    Thanks! And yeah I have a gt2871r, built bottom end, stock cams. I'm gonna use a Power FC to tune and hopefully make 340-350 whp. Gonna be awesome i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Nice work. What's that shop made out of? I'd love to build a cheap shop like that.
    Thanks, I'm pretty sure its just thin steel. Around 5k for something this size.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbuice5591 View Post
    hell yeah man. very nice. i look forward to seeing more of the build
    Thanks, I'll keep the progress coming.

Nice build, bro. This shop in Macon?
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

This is the kind of information that should have been in that "NarNar" video that was going around....good stuff.

No drive no care....
    2000 Integra GSR-Sold
    1989 Civic sedan "The Rolls"-Sold
    1988 Civic sedan "The Dookie"
    1998 Corvette- Daily Duty

Unknown

That car looks like it'll dig boy, diggin

Certified Gearhead

Yota's Car (The V8) rolled out of the shop onto a trailer today for exhaust to be fabricated. Pics and vids coming soon.

IA Member

yota finally figure out the oil pressure problem???? the vitara setup is really to bust that ass....lol:boobies:

Certified Gearhead

Yeah, he got it all figured out. It was something to do with the oil filter relocation being wrong or backwards, or something. lol

any updates

Certified Gearhead

Nothing really worth updating right now. Both cars move now, just not very well. A lot should be happening very soon. Yota's car will be getting tuned this weekend and mine will be in a few weeks. Feel free to follow me on instagram at @dustin-jennette because I take a lot of pics with that.

575137_3211239835642_1105621326_32625232_115231638 3_n by d-man478, on Flickr

546489_3206406634815_1105621326_32622468_149736538 1_n by d-man478, on Flickr

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by d-man478 View Post
    I'm just sitting in class bored as hell and I figure I would add a few pics to this thread with some of my progress. It was hella slow for a while because my car was back home in Macon and I live in Statesboro. Long story short, my best friend and "teammate" if you will, built a nice shop down here at his house. So now we have 2 drift cars with 2 totally different styles in the same shop at the same time. Its like living a dream.
    Is the shop in Statesboro? I'm down here for school also and haven't really seen any car people here lol

1990 Civic Wagon
    1989 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by black_89gt View Post
    Is the shop in Statesboro? I'm down here for school also and haven't really seen any car people here lol
    It is,i saw your car at the rac the other day and noticed the import alliance sticker.

IA Member

My car? I don't have an import alliance sticker on mine. And its back in warner robins because it broke down on me this past weekend, fml.

1990 Civic Wagon
    1989 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by black_89gt View Post
    My car? I don't have an import alliance sticker on mine. And its back in warner robins because it broke down on me this past weekend, fml.
    O,there is another wagen down here then(dont remember the color)that had a bunch of stickers on it like that.

Certified Gearhead

Yeah, we are in Statesboro.

IA Member

Yeah, I've seen another one here but it looks like crap lol. It probably was my car, my girlfriend drove it to the rac one day last week. Last year I was driving my other car, the two tone black and silver mustang gt, and right now I'm driving my brother's blue wagon.

1990 Civic Wagon
    1989 Mustang GT