Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RA64 Cheap Pro Touring project.

TOYOTA1515

Default RA64 Cheap Pro Touring project. NOW FS!

Hi folls, you guys miss me? I am back here with a little low buck Pro Touring project to have fun around.
    This is my secondary project as my primary is my Dodge Dart big block so you guys know that this can be sold at any moment for the right $$$$.

Last edited by dragoncelica; 05-21-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: is for sale now!

Senior Member | IA Veteran

what is the white car in the background?

TOYOTA1515

A customer stock suspension drag TE72 corolla

Nice!! There's one for sale just like this in front of turbo Dave's shop!!

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by xXnimbusXx View Post
    Nice!! There's one for sale just like this in front of turbo Dave's shop!!
    This was it buddy!

Lol I thought so!! Very nice choice. My Celica is currently at turbo Dave right now doing the 1uz. Maybe I can meet you there and check out your celica

TOYOTA1515

Lol I thought so!! Very nice choice. My Celica is currently at turbo Dave right now doing the 1uz. Maybe I can meet you there and check out your celica
    I go there now and then, when i need something to be tig welded or when he need some help with some back up job and i am available, most of the time i do things here at my home basically from scratch, gathering more equipment every time to not depend on no one, so i will be building my car here by myself the way i have been building cars for customer for years, you are welcome to come by to say hi buddy!

Pm me your location. And I'll stop by once my Celica is done. Maybe we can talk business. I need more work on my Celica and maybe you can give me a good price

I will give you a call when Im around the area or when my celica is done. whats the plans for the celica?

TOYOTA1515

I will give you a call when Im around the area or when my celica is done. whats the plans for the celica?

Plans is suspension upgrade just slightly not to overkill

Front home made coil over setup.

Some Rota RB-R's

Change of plans on the motor, a 1jzgte is whats going in now, with a W58

Some nice MR2 first gen front seats,

And connect all the A/C unit to work perfectly, this got to be a super reliable car, i can trust it will take my daughter anywhere if needed!
    Last edited by dragoncelica; 11-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.

I wanted to do this swap but decided to keep it in the family. Badass nonetheless. Also nice work with the coilovers. If I can find a rear set for my ra29 I would go for it.

TOYOTA1515

I wanted to do this swap but decided to keep it in the family. Badass nonetheless. Also nice work with the coilovers. If I can find a rear set for my ra29 I would go for it.
    we can made some for the back too buddy!

TOYOTA1515

Wheel choice changed, going with the xxr 522 now, as i said, this will be a cheap build!!

TOYOTA1515

Today's Picture,

Senior Member | IA Veteran

should get the new xxr 531s instead.

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    should get the new xxr 531s instead.
    Dont like em first, and (a pain in the ass to clean)

TOYOTA1515

New wheels arrive,

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Ohh by the way, the bellhousing for the JZ powerplant is here also as well as a W58 tranny, brake and clutch pedal assembly are on its way thanks to "OkieRA29"
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

I am having second toughs now on power plant choice and i am tinkering the option of leaving the 22r but made it TURBO, i got everything here to do so, and the only thing i need is to rebuilt the existing engine, i don't want a race car, i want a nice street car with about 300 to 375 hp and i think the 22r can do that if i turboed it.

What u guys think?
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

Without trying to raise a shitstorm like on some other forum this is posted on, I'll offer you this. I've read here and there that the limiting factor with the 22R is the head flow. However, I'd like to see you try. If you don't end up hitting your goal, it's still gonna be fun to drive.

Kane
    <a href=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6113/normalseqouyah.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6...alseqouyah.jpg</a>

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by MainstreaM View Post
    Without trying to raise a shitstorm like on some other forum this is posted on, I'll offer you this. I've read here and there that the limiting factor with the 22R is the head flow. However, I'd like to see you try. If you don't end up hitting your goal, it's still gonna be fun to drive.

Kane
    I know about the head flow but most tests and R&R on this matter have been done with over the counter very mild cam profiles and based on N/A situations, on turbo environment is different, as you know,

I do compare the 22R with the G54B Starion engine, and i have been in the 500+ before on The Starion engine on full race applications, an i just want 350 in an engine that has a shorter rod than the Mistu counterpart, with a slight smaller piston, with a lot better lubrication and timing chain layout, the head flow can be addressed with a pocket port and a good clean-out, I do believe the head flow is the smallest thing i have to worry about, i did talk with one of my friends in PR that already have done what i want to do and he does give me all the details of his old daily driven first gen 1976 Celica with a 22RE converted to turbo, with 378 WHP at 28 PSI with a Simple T3T4 Ebay Turbo and i just want tops 350 HP to the wheels, of course this will be a cheap as i can build without compromising reliability (I know CHEAP & RELIABILITY DON'T GOES IN THE SAME SENTENCE) But please catch my drift here, but if when i take the 22re out of the car and it is too damaged i wont hesitate on installing a 3TC Turbo i got here brand new already with .80 over forged slugs in it and very capable of what i want without much effort and it is a bolt on affair, but when i get to that point, i will tell!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Tires are here so at least tomorrow i will mount the rear tires and see how they look!

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Look at this nice wheels, cant wait for the front tires to come, they are in back order :x

By the way after the front wheels get here and i install them then i will lower this ride down very good!

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Front tires on its way here so soon a complete picture of the car with the 4 wheels on and lowered.
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

I check the 22R on my Celica and it has a unwanted window on the side (NOT GOOD) so i try to find some core to rebuilt around and the cheapest was around $500 and all of the ones i did find need to be rebuilt, so my last resource was a friend of mine in AL and asking him for a 22R he told me he got a JDM TA63 MOTOR and i was like yea right and i tough it was just a 3TC he said it was TWIN CAM and my hart almost jump out of my chest, and then he send me this picture, and with it a list of parts he got with the engine,

At the end i end up just trading the Engine for a 9" rear end housing with axles narrowed for a TE72 4TGTE ain't that SWEET AS HELL?

so this is what up with this right now!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

OMG GET IT!!

TOYOTA1515

Sometimes things are ment to be and i cant believe this keep happen with this built, i have something planed and it looks this car is choosing what he wants to be and what parts will be on it so here is whats on for it,
    A W58 trany and a 3TGTE bellhousing have been fell in my lap for some reason, so i said good scored for this project, i am very happy!

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Ok this is weird this engine i got said 4TGTE in the head, and the block said 3T i know it is a turbo block cuz it is obvious, but what is very intriguing is the fact someone took it apart and they didn't find the oem pistons and install 3tc pistons on the gte rods, :roll: anyway i am still very happy with this find still awesome!

good thing is they didnt put it together, now is for me to fix someone else mess up, i will clean up all this very good and go with Wiseco pistons at 87mm, and ARP hardware, more updates soo now here are some pictures!

look at this i got the right oil pump, the other one is just to show the difference,

just a couple of parts

this is a 2JZGE n/a-T ready for some 1000+ HP as soon as it is in the Batmobile, literally, more on that later!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Today i did took apart the head for cleaning and rebuild of it factory 280 cams on both sides intake and exhaust by stampings on them plus dual valve springs, awesome!

here are couple of pics from the parts of these rare 4T heads!

intake cam

exhaust cam, notice how they remark the last 2 numbers from 62 to 80 meaning the cam duration as far as i understand! and the 2 after the 51, to be a 512 in the intake cam it said 511, are those last 2 numbers the lift? i dont know, it may be!

dual valve springs

Toyota stamping on the cam

the whole set of valves ready to get clean and polished.

cam sprockets!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Here some valve job before final seat job, i do swirl polish the valves the way the stainless valves have,

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Well i cant wait till tomorrow so i paint the stripes and font today and it is coming along very nice, just need to buy the red for the Turbo Font.

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

Thats an awesome swap, very rare even if its 4t/3t mix lol. Im very interested to see what kind of power it makes once you've got it back together!

TOYOTA1515

yeap u are right, but there is the catch 22 in this engine, the 4T head components are what makes this engine great, the 4t block is just a .20 over size 3t block with all the exact same internals, and the 4t stamp, so i am ohhh so cherry here, PLUS, i am going 87mm over size anyways, so from 85mm to 87mm, and eagle rods, and off course i will bring updates on this periodically!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

the 4t represents one of the best generations of rallying - group b cars. its history alone makes it a neat engine to have. everytime i watch old group b videos it makes me sad lol.

Unknown

Hi Juan
    Got your pm, great find on motor ! May need to talk to you about my G head.

Jay

TOYOTA1515

You got it right green, that was the golden era of rally, FIA shut it down before Toyota brings out its best weapon in the form of the AW11 with a 3SGTE motor so it was going to be a SW11 and with FIA shutting down Group B, also Toyota shut down the omologation of the 3SGTE first gen MR2 cars!

Gemini i feel really good you read my PM now i did loose you # before but i got it now, i got your phone again, and remember i am here in the same place and still in business.
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

W58 with the correct 3tgte bellhousing ready for the car,

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

Today i start extracting the dead 22R out of the car and get it to the point of just hooking the engine hoist and pull it but night just fell over my back so tomorrow is another day, so pictures tomorrow guys, thanks for your patience!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

TOYOTA1515

OK, today i got all the chance the weather gave me to get the old broken 22r out and clean a little bit inside the engine bay under a little rain, it really felt good, and i am happy everything looks good in there!

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast