Thread: 2005 Mazda RX8 6 Speed manual needs engine $3,800-$4,800 Pos Trade

Certified Gearhead

Default 2005 Mazda RX8 6 Speed manual needs engine $3,800-$4,800 Pos Trade

I have a 2005 Mazda RX8 6 speed manual for sale. Car is very clean inside and out although its not washed in the picture as my kids destroyed the water hose but body and interior are near flawless. Car has 108,000 miles on it with a good clutch and transmission is in great shape. Car will not run. It needs a new engine or have this one fixed. I have NO CLUE what is wrong with it as it just will not run so please don't ask as I will be of no help to you sorry. I am asking $3,800 for just the car without wheels you bring your own, or $4,800 and you get the 19" Volk Ray's Engineering TE37'S which are close to $5,000 new without tires. I may possibly take a trade on a car that runs and drives perfect but must be worth more than I am asking as I would just rather sale. Car has clean and clear title. I have seen the engines with low miles go anywhere from $800 to $2,000. Please serious people only. Thanks VIN# JM1FE173340120169 Phone is 901-828-9387 [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Privateer Racing!!

I bet its the apex seals. They got out on these cars alot and that causes lost compression in the motor. Easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    I bet its the apex seals. They got out on these cars alot and that causes lost compression in the motor. Easy fix
    If it is indeed the Apex Seals that went out, I would not exactly call it an easy fix. They tend to also take out a housing and/or rotor requiring a rebuild with new parts. Not exactly easy for someone with no experience with rotary engines.

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    Nothing with a rotary is an easy fix, theyre never fixed.

this is the only way to fix it.... this car would make a great candidate too see its cheap with the motor issue.

Certified Gearhead

Yeah I wish it was an easy fix. I have talked to all sorts of Mechanics and they say its not bad but they never show up to fix. I have been stood up by three different people so far and I am just done. If I had the money I would do the swap but I am broke and just need a car.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hendaddy02 View Post
    Yeah I wish it was an easy fix. I have talked to all sorts of Mechanics and they say its not bad but they never show up to fix. I have been stood up by three different people so far and I am just done. If I had the money I would do the swap but I am broke and just need a car.
    You are the first of many, with those 100k engine warranties running out, we're gonna see cars like this all over the place.

sell the rims?
    Bad Rep for sticking up for friend Ill soon have the worst rep ever
    DRAGONITE

i might be interested! let me see if i can work up some parts and a rebuild kit! ill keep in touch!

Unknown

is the car still available

hang a left, make a right and you're there

x2?

Sent you a text.