Thread: Kicker 12L5 Dual 4 ohm in Series or Parallel???

Default Kicker 12L5 Dual 4 ohm in Series or Parallel???

I have one 12L5 going to be powered by db drive spa1200.1 (1200 @ 2ohms, 600 @ 4ohms). Not sure which would better 2 or 4 ohms. The L5 is rated at 600rms i believe. let me know asap please.

sub and amp dont match very well at all. paralell down to 2 ohm, and its way too much power for the sub, in series its not enough. My advise would be to get an amp better suited to the sub or vuse versa. If you have to use that setup then wire the sub in paralell, bottom out the gains and be very careful with the volume knob. Make sure any kind of bass boost on the head unit is off, and the sub volume (if you have one) is low

well i figured it wouldn't be too bad since the amp is 600rms @ 4 ohms and the sub itself is 600rms.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Nismo's Avatar

But you cant just hook up 1 coil on a dvc sub. So you will either be at 2 or 8 ohms. Just do it at 2 but turn the gain way the hell down and no bass boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboi50
    white power!!!!!! .....1