Thread: whats the best motor for your money?

Default whats the best motor for your money?

i have a friend who has an LS and he will sell it to me for 600 (a good deal from what i know of, i will get motor, tranny, wiring harness and ECU) probably even less if i give him my motor. i was planning on just waiting and getting a GSR but im probably going to regret not buying this if i dont. so im just checking.
    - 1993 Honda Civic VX
    - 2008 Acura TL-S

sr20det, $1200 w/ tranny

lol

Little Red Ridin Hood

save and get a gsr

tell him i got 500 on it =)

not a bad deal at all

if you dont buy it let me know

if you buy it and want vtec... do lsvtec
    94 Supra= 500rwhp

IA KING

just boost your ex and call it a day... more power on a cheaper power plant

chances are if i do it im going to put a vtec head on it. 600 is a good deal, but thats one of those deals where only me and this one other person can get it. also what kind of mileage does a ls or ls/vtec get??
    - 1993 Honda Civic VX
    - 2008 Acura TL-S

DC5-R

Quote Originally Posted by Schugg
    chances are if i do it im going to put a vtec head on it. 600 is a good deal, but thats one of those deals where only me and this one other person can get it. also what kind of mileage does a ls or ls/vtec get??
    first off thats a great deal and you can always convert it later down the road for cheaper than a GSR....second what kind of milege all depends on how you drive and maintain the motor...i.e. oil changes, tune ups, basically maintaining it. LS/VTEC is not a everyday motor that you can rag on like a SI or high rev with it unless its built for it. I would just buy the LS and see how that works for you then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by krucial7integra
    first off thats a great deal and you can always convert it later down the road for cheaper than a GSR....second what kind of milege all depends on how you drive and maintain the motor...i.e. oil changes, tune ups, basically maintaining it. LS/VTEC is not a everyday motor that you can rag on like a SI or high rev with it unless its built for it. I would just buy the LS and see how that works for you then go from there.

yah, i will almost never be ragging on it, its just going to be a normal driving car. ill get a vtec head later but for now ill just leave the motor how it is. he dropped it down to $375 for me. and if i wouldnt have bought it for that much i would just be a bigggg dumbass. all i have to do is go get some axles, and some other thing, that i can buy from work for cheap and im ready. ill probably be getting all new gaskets too. he made it realllly low because our dumbass friend was trying to be cool and ended up side swiping his girlfriends moms car, so he is fixing it.
    - 1993 Honda Civic VX
    - 2008 Acura TL-S

DC5-R

sounds like a steal man, jump on it

Quote Originally Posted by Schugg
    i have a friend who has an LS and he will sell it to me for 600 (a good deal from what i know of, i will get motor, tranny, wiring harness and ECU) probably even less if i give him my motor. i was planning on just waiting and getting a GSR but im probably going to regret not buying this if i dont. so im just checking.
    4g63