Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teg vs. Nissans

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Default Teg vs. Nissans

They said they could take me ...afterwards I got accused of jumping on the 2nd beep everytime :jerkit:

Right Click Save As...
    http://www.speedminded.com/videos/nissan_kills_01.wmv

Nice video- they are worth more than a thousand words.
    G37s 6MT/coupe

lol nice kills speed minded is the hole car gutted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludester
    lol nice kills speed minded is the hole car gutted?
    doors are intact, i pulled the rear interior to figure out how i want to put the rollcage in...it's all going back in with extra insulation between the plastic and body.

sweet do you have any big plans motor wise?

God are all those cars NA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludester
    sweet do you have any big plans motor wise?
    With the bottom end i'd be more than happy with a knife bladed crank & civic type-r [CTR] pistons. Wish list for the head is polished, ported, and flow tested with stage II/spec B cams, upgraded valve train, individual throttle bodies, and smsp header. Running on a standalone ecu like AEM's $1,200 EMS unit. I'm looking at over $4k for all that though and still only putting out 210-220 at the wheels so for now i'll just leave it all stock ITR internals, only have 25k miles on the engine anyways

Quote Originally Posted by 1439/2000
    God are all those cars NA?
    yep, as far as i know

the cop at the end is halarious nice kills

[QUOTE=speedminded]With the bottom end i'd be more than happy with a knife bladed crank & civic type-r [CTR] pistons. Wish list for the head is polished, ported, and flow tested with stage II/spec B cams, upgraded valve train, individual throttle bodies, and smsp header. Running on a standalone ecu like AEM's $1,200 EMS unit. I'm looking at over $4k for all that though and still only putting out 210-220 at the wheels so for now i'll just leave it all stock ITR internals, only have 25k miles on the engine anyways

yeah thats whats up... from that video that car moves yo good luck with tuning

It's just a Sentra

I got a nissan you can race.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

Quote Originally Posted by Jgsnismoser
    I got a nissan you can race.
    The one in the sig? ...turbo?

It's just a Sentra

Yeah simple T25 setup at 10psi.

good vid. is that the boosted sentra?

It's just a Sentra

Heh if that was a boosted sentra running like it should be I don't think he would post the video.

Yeah simple T25 setup at 10psi.
    lol, and why would i run you again? Actually, what kind of numbers is that setup putting down?

It's just a Sentra

Run me again? You never ran me before. Numbers? Put it this way bluebird sr20det engine comes with 205HP-205TQ stock at 7psi which is not even WHP and you claim to put down 210-220whp so I'm around that range at 10psi so I say it's a very fair race.
    Last edited by Jgsnismoser; 11-14-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Forget the Sentra, me & you (SpeedMinded). I always wondered how fast C5's are, how bout it? when I get my car back

Run me again? You never ran me before. Numbers? Put it this way bluebird sr20det engine comes with 205HP-205TQ stock at 7psi which is not even WHP
    lol, *pats on the head* you'll be ok. There's a reason why i rarely come in here and people like you are one of them. You have a turbo, built engine i don't know...wanting to run a completely stock normally aspirated honda engine. That would be why i asked why you wanted to run me again, as it's obvious i shouldn't of had to ask you the first time.

Then I clearly asked how much power/torque your setup is putting down, not asking you to beat around the bush bullshitting about something you don't have. I could say a stock integra LS puts out 140hp or whatever but who gives a rats ass? I asked what you were putting down and that determines whether i want to run you or not.

oh yeah, good job editing the post. That's the info i was looking for but where did i say i was putting down 210-220whp?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT707
    Forget the Sentra, me & you (SpeedMinded). I always wondered how fast C5's are, how bout it? when I get my car back
    damn fool, what's up with all you people wanting to run me now? you are 300lbs lighter than me with a 100 shot...(maybe) properly done ls/vtec plus 100hp minus 300 lbs...are you crazy? why would i do that?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Speedm0(\)key's Avatar

all i know is... speedminded is SICK FAST YO!
    2004 Nissan 350z Trng
    2004 Subaru WRX STi

solamente los putos te llegan en numeros

It's just a Sentra

Hah I only edited cause I didn't answer all your request when I 1st posted. You should know as soon as you post here you need to get ready for a flame war. I honestly don't know what's my car is putting down at the moment so I couldn't answer you that.

Certified Gearhead

you remember the asian guy with the black spec v? yeah thats me

Certified Gearhead

i want to see how i do against the teg with header, intake and cams and maybe a safc

Hah I only edited cause I didn't answer all your request when I 1st posted. You should know as soon as you post here you need to get ready for a flame war. I honestly don't know what's my car is putting down at the moment so I couldn't answer you that.
    ah ok, you're cool now. How are you controlling the fuel, a piggyback unit? I'm guessing it hasn't been on a dyno?

Is Commerce still running? I'm not too big on premeditated street racing...

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKOUTD
    i want to see how i do against the teg with header, intake and cams and maybe a safc
    cam gears or camshafts?

Certified Gearhead

camshafts

Certified Gearhead

ill probably still get spanked but just want to see how i'll do

YELLOW POWER !!! The Golden Child's Avatar

its still rice .. hahaha
    NY STAY HIGH !!!

YELLOW POWER !!! The Golden Child's Avatar

nice kill though ..
    NY STAY HIGH !!!

Commerce is open until Nov 18...

Why should he expect a flame war? He posted his kills w/ video. Where/how can you flame that?

The power Speedminded was talking about is what he would expect after doing the mods in his wish list. He never said he was putting that power down now.

But all this aside, I think we need to do some all motor playing (all manufacturers). No forced induction (including nitrous Kevin!) though! At least not until I can get my wet kit completed and installed!

I'm not much for any kind of street racing though. Too much to loose! Maybe some simple playing like his video (but no 50-130 runs though). I think that's just plain stupid unless it's on the track. Then again, we take risks on our mountain runs (even if we are just playing) so maybe I should just be quiet!
    Formerly Daily Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Interlude
    Commerce is open until Nov 18...

I'm not much for any kind of street racing though. Too much to loose! Maybe some simple playing like his video (but no 50-130 runs though). I think that's just plain stupid unless it's on the track. Then again, we take risks on our mountain runs (even if we are just playing) so maybe I should just be quiet!
    sweeet, i wanna run up there...wish i could dyno this week and get the fuel worked out.

Exactly, i'm not a big fan of it either...those were 50-80 or so pulls with minimal traffic. I like the track anyways, get that slip that tells me everything...i was running a 1.8 sec 60' on street tires before the LSD...getting anyone off the line through the topend of 2nd but then it just kinda runs out against the higher torqued cars. I reallyyy need differant gearing.

ha, that cop was funny. Still just rice.

Lol the office walks out of QT! you should have gotten more footage of him checkin out the car!

But,..Good Video

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    i was running a 1.8 sec 60' on street tires before the LSD
    1.8's on streets w/o LSD? What's your secret? I'm lucky to get 2.3's!

I guess I just suck!

What was your 1/4's?
    Formerly Daily Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Interlude
    1.8's on streets w/o LSD? What's your secret? I'm lucky to get 2.3's!

I guess I just suck!

What was your 1/4's?
    It's slowww, but 1.8 seconds with a 17" wheel too but that was with a bridgestone tire...when i put on both the kumho 711's & 712's it went up 2.0+ seconds.

Ok, with the GS-R p72 ECU i was running a 15.0 to 15.1. Horrible i know, but the fuel wasn't right and VTEC engagement was way off. I corrected some of it with a VAFC.

I finally found an OBDII P73 ECU, it was an OBDIIa though so had to find the OBDIIa to b conversion harness and then the engine opened up...but i was spinning 2nd and 3rd gear * sigh* 15.2-15.3 seconds...i did get a .001 R/T that night though.

....Sooo i picked up an OEM ITR LSD off honda-tech and put it in....went back up, they paired me with an 11 second Nova and halfway down the track i had no clutch...I broke my Clutchmaster Stage III...had tears on each side of each spring all the way around the plate. So i got a ACT street disc and put it in my Clutchmaster pressure plate and it shifts sooo much smoother now. The Stage III would grab so hard it felt like the dash was going to rip off the firewall.

Basically I haven't run it with everything together....PLUS i got the Tein Flex since all that...i was running on a stock shock with intrax spring before then a suspension techniques spring with tokico blues. Now I have lighter 16" wheels with more meat. With the temperature the way it is there is no way i shouldn't be able to break into the 14's...most stock ITR's up there are running 14.9's but they were shifting into 4th when i'm still at the bottom of third. Damn my tall gears. If my roommates B16 tranny had an LSD i'd swap it out the night before.

I've ran against a yellow Type R and he did 15.2's from what I can remember.

I feel you on the clutch engagement...the emissions guy about jumped my lude off the rollers shifting into 2nd... lol

I think we are pretty closely matched weight and power wise. I might have a bit more torque with the H22 though. My build sucks for all motor. I put down 180whp w/ 17's (36lbs each combined tire and rim) and did 14.9's. I tried some 14's with some VERY used drag radials (nitto's I believe) but I could only muster a 2.3 60's and a 14.8 on the first 2 runs. After that, they went super slick...from what I hear, used slicks (like the last 25%) are worse than street tires. I got the best 14.9's again the rest of the night.

I now have my Konig Heliums (11lb rims!) w/ some Toyo tires. I think I can probably get 14.7's or even .6's now (nice cooler weather) but won't make it to the track this weekend to find out.

My future plans include at least fixing my exhaust (2" in some spots still!), my intake setup, finish my wet kit and get some extended lugs to run these 22x8x15 slicks.

I should be low 13's w/ a 60 shot and low 14's all motor (probably close to 200 to the wheels). After that, my setup will change a whole lot and I'm hoping to get 230+whp all motor plus the wet kit...should be even more fun then...
    Formerly Daily Interlude

DC5-R

sweett vid

You beat a stock b13 se-r.

That isn't anything really to brag about.

Besides I have a mildly modded b13 se-r that is similar to the one in that video. I'd be more then happy to let you make a teg vs. nissan part II video.

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    It's slowww, but 1.8 seconds with a 17" wheel too but that was with a bridgestone tire...when i put on both the kumho 711's & 712's it went up 2.0+ seconds.

Ok, with the GS-R p72 ECU i was running a 15.0 to 15.1. Horrible i know, but the fuel wasn't right and VTEC engagement was way off. I corrected some of it with a VAFC.

I finally found an OBDII P73 ECU, it was an OBDIIa though so had to find the OBDIIa to b conversion harness and then the engine opened up...but i was spinning 2nd and 3rd gear * sigh* 15.2-15.3 seconds...i did get a .001 R/T that night though.

....Sooo i picked up an OEM ITR LSD off honda-tech and put it in....went back up, they paired me with an 11 second Nova and halfway down the track i had no clutch...I broke my Clutchmaster Stage III...had tears on each side of each spring all the way around the plate. So i got a ACT street disc and put it in my Clutchmaster pressure plate and it shifts sooo much smoother now. The Stage III would grab so hard it felt like the dash was going to rip off the firewall.

Basically I haven't run it with everything together....PLUS i got the Tein Flex since all that...i was running on a stock shock with intrax spring before then a suspension techniques spring with tokico blues. Now I have lighter 16" wheels with more meat. With the temperature the way it is there is no way i shouldn't be able to break into the 14's...most stock ITR's up there are running 14.9's but they were shifting into 4th when i'm still at the bottom of third. Damn my tall gears. If my roommates B16 tranny had an LSD i'd swap it out the night before.

Post a video of a NA, open diff, fwd Honda running a 1.8 60 ft on street tires.

Got a pair of 15" 8.5lb SSR Comps at home and a couple spare slicks...hey wait, where's miata mike...i just gave him 4 gooood slicks to mount on his spare wheels for the mtn run. I could use a pair of those this week. I'd prolly have to raise my car up though, screw that...i'm perfectly level. I think we would make a really close run....i love competition when each other are within tenths...where the launch, slipping of the clutch (oh yeah, see below), shifts, etc.each have to be perfect otherwise you'll lose. dammit i need to get on a dyno to see my torque curve...figure out exactly where the perfect shift is.

You asked about the 60' times...it's all about slipping the clutch. Where the wheels barely turns over, maybe a little chirp and slight spin but still grabs instantly. It just takes practice...and if it's not working one way then you try it another way until it gets better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast