Thread: e36 m3 over heating please help

Default e36 m3 over heating please help

whats up

i have a 97 m3 e36 and today it started over heating. Refilled with coolant and the problem is still there. I can not notice any leaks and the temp gauge continues to rise. Please help
    Plz resize your sig - IA Mgmt

New waterpump, hoses, replace the shitty plastic pulleys and thermostat housing with metal ones. Watch these videos and you will learn why. After that you will have a very reliable vehicle.

Belt & Pulley Failure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJgZ...eature=related

Common Cooling Failure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mco77...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

IA Member

I agree wit the coolant overhaul but that can get pretty expensive. Just wondering why you would refill the coolant??? But, I've learned thru out the years theres a few ways to do it right. Completely drain out your coolant, be sure to buy 50/50 and DONT use concentrated coolant or tap water. Take off your expansion tank cap, check it also to see if its damaged.
    Loosen the bleeder screw and take off the hose on the TOP of the radiator.
    Start adding coolant in the expansion tank, when you start to see the coolant come out the upper hose, reconnect it and continue to add coolant.
    When the expansion tank is filled start the car, put your heat on high coming thru all vents.
    after some time you should see the coolant rising in the expansion tank, when it starts to reach the top put the cap back on(leaving the bleeder screw open but not off/out) let all the air come out the bleeder screw til it starts to flow coolant this can take some time so have patients lots of it. I normally drive around the block a few times to get the car at normal running temp. If you do decide to run it around a bit make sure you CLOSE YOUR BLEEDER SCREW first. Make sure to bleed all the air out the system cause if not, it will make your car over heat no matter how much coolant you put in it. It you done everything and it still over heats, ill let you kno whats the next step ill take.

IA Member

I agree wit the coolant overhaul but that can get pretty expensive. Just wondering why you would refill the coolant??? But, I've learned thru out the years theres a few ways to do it right. Completely drain out your coolant, be sure to buy 50/50 and DONT use concentrated coolant or tap water. Take off your expansion tank cap, check it also to see if its damaged.
    Loosen the bleeder screw and take off the hose on the TOP of the radiator.
    Start adding coolant in the expansion tank, when you start to see the coolant come out the upper hose, reconnect it and continue to add coolant.
    When the expansion tank is filled start the car, put your heat on high coming thru all vents.
    after some time you should see the coolant rising in the expansion tank, when it starts to reach the top put the cap back on(leaving the bleeder screw open but not off/out) let all the air come out the bleeder screw til it starts to flow coolant this can take some time so have patients lots of it. I normally drive around the block a few times to get the car at normal running temp. If you do decide to run it around a bit make sure you CLOSE YOUR BLEEDER SCREW first. Make sure to bleed all the air out the system cause if not, it will make your car over heat no matter how much coolant you put in it. It you done everything and it still over heats, ill let you kno whats the next step ill take.

^^ You realize this thread is over a year old, right?

IA Member

Default ^^^

you I did, Its still for the ppl that have the same issue.