Thread: strut/sway bar tensioning? DO'S & DONT'S

Default strut/sway bar tensioning? DO'S & DONT'S

I recently purchased a kit of all 4 lower and upper adjustable strut bars, so far i put them all in pushing tension outwards on top front/rear and inwards on bottom front/rear which tension is best to apply on front and rear sway and strut bars? i want to know the correct way. inward or outwards? ? ideas and suggestions PLEASE! thanx

sway bars don't really adjust and just put your strut bars to where they are even and tight.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Exactly, strut bars do not adjust. Just make they are tightened. Adjusting the front and rear sway bars on the otherhand will determine how much more/less oversteer/understeer you want from your vehicle. I don't have an aftermarket front sway bar so I'm not too familiar but I do know that with my rear ST rear sway bar that if I ride on full stiff on the bar then the rear turns around better giving it more of an oversteer; which was fine with stock suspension. I noticed that on full stiff + coilovers it would oversteer too much taking fast corners.