Thread: Transmission issue need help anyone ????

Default Transmission issue need help anyone ????

K my automatic transmission is fucking up idk y? I replaced everything with new parts. I sold my manual tranny for money to get parts seeing I need a new clutch for it an Dnt have money.... So the transmission has revers and goes into drive but goes stay n... It goes n and out never stays n for 2secs... It pop n an out .. Idk what's wrong anyone?
    7g Mitsubishi Galant.94.2.4l boosted..... sleeper of the yr = )

FML champ
    Mitsubishi Club Member #2

[DIRT] SNOW TARMAC

Wait..you sold the manual, which only needed a clutch, for parts on one you have no idea about? You should have done that the other way around...

Hobos are people too! NinjaHobo's Avatar

is the transmission for your galant?? if so, you would have been much better keeping the manual tranny as the auto trannys from what i heard are crap. you could have tons of things that are going wrong if it wont stay in gear, make sure you got enough ATF in it, make sure the fluid pump is working on the tranny, check the gear linkage, and your torque converter to check a few simple issues...

...I dream of going fast...

I have checked all that... Each day it somethings new.... Manual is a stage3clutch in to poor for it an I have parts for my auto... Idk it's confusing me an none the galant sites are anyhelp... I torn the tranny apart over 5timea now each time I find something new if u c my thread with the pics n it

FML champ

nismo_92

i wish i could help bro
    good luck

TopNotch Audio guy! lovinmydodge's Avatar

ok its an auto that your putting in? and did your ride come factory with a man or with an auto? reason why I ask is because with 95% of tranny's they are vaccume powered for keeping gears into place. I know when I rebuilt the trans for my mustang I didn't have the vac line hooked up correctly and when i drove it, I had to drop the trans down to 2nd gear or L2 so that it would get out of 1st. and then if I slammed on the brakes it would drop out of gear, And I had to make sure once in gear I never dropped below 1000 rpms. if I did it would drop out of gear. *(got that fixed very quickly)
    Mods- High flow cat, Flowmaster stage 2 exhaust, Intake, Lots of wiring upgrades, h/o alt, 2 18's walled, off 8000 rms custom interior VERY LOUD (152.3) on music and a 156.6 outlaw.( system sounds alot like this!!!

yea... i haven't a clue man. i was just throwing some typical things that go wrong out there. of course you could always be the exception and have something completely different and unique wrong with your tranny... i hope you figure it out... it really is a pain to have a car with a crazy auto tranny you just cant seem to fix. i've had a similar issue which i solved by just getting a manual trans and it saved me a little headache time

TopNotch Audio guy! lovinmydodge's Avatar

you could have a really screwed up torque converter.... lol
    Mods- High flow cat, Flowmaster stage 2 exhaust, Intake, Lots of wiring upgrades, h/o alt, 2 18's walled, off 8000 rms custom interior VERY LOUD (152.3) on music and a 156.6 outlaw.( system sounds alot like this!!!

possibly the shift solenoid has gone bad or the clutch packs. What type of fluid did you use and how long has it been since you replaced the parts?

I found the issue but now I'm peaking fluids idk where from it does it when it wants to......

FML champ

well... check all your seals and gaskets and make sure every bolt is tight... thats pretty much all you can do, unless you got a hole on your tranny

and what was the issue btw??