Thread: Emissions problem

Default Emissions problem

Alright, So i've failed Emissions about 8 times now due to Readiness not being set. I've driven over 800 miles and have replaced O2 sensors,cleaned MAF sensor,changed spark plugs, the works. The same two monitors have not been set, EVAP and CAT(Catalytic converter). Car is a 2002 toyota celica by the way. Car has a CAI intake, and there is a dent on the intake, but theres no hole at the dent, if that matters. If anyone knows anything about it, any help would be useful,thanks.

Barefoot Motorsports

whats the codes

No check engine light right now, a while back I had P0171. Engine bank 1 too lean. I cleaned out the MAF and replaced the O2 sensors and spark plugs to get rid of that.

Learnin the hard way wantsanS14's Avatar

check your ecu's connections something maybe causing it to reset when you turn the car off, evap and cat are the modules that take the longest to set, that maybe why all others appear fine, but these to don't. It's pretty weird because usually if the modules fail to pass there would be a code coming up. that's why i think your ecu must be resetting.

1976 Datsun 280z The Rust makes it lighther