Thread: Shooting for 5.0

Default Shooting for 5.0

Ok so I have been clocked at 4.4ghZ for the last few months and was tired of the slow speeds (lol) so I am shooting for 5.0.

Here are my specs:

ASUS P6T Delux V2
    OCZ Gold 1600 DDR3 memory (overclocked to 1800)
    i7 920 (currently at 4.4)
    GT-Z Waterblock
    Jingway pump (Danger dens new block pump)
    Dual 120x120 radiators (3 fans on a push pull push setup)
    GTX 260 SSC

Like I said this I am at 4.4 and I will be updating this hopefully daily until I get to 5.0.

PS-Water is fun, this is my first water setup and its literally 20 degrees cooler under load.

Wish me luck and pictures will be up later tonight of the new setup with water.

still stuck at 4.4

But I didnt have much time to play around with everything since I have a test tomorrow. Will update later this week

Reinvent~Reform~Rebirth

what kind of hard drive are you running?

Just a few OCZ Vertex SSD...you know the normal shit...lol

nice, I been looking at the OCZ vertex turbo. Is it worth the money to switch from HDD to SSD?
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

You can do it, lol. 4.4 is pretty high, but if it's stable enough to go higher go for it. GL and let us know....

Quote Originally Posted by dtmcnamara View Post
    Ok so I have been clocked at 4.4ghZ for the last few months and was tired of the slow speeds (lol) so I am shooting for 5.0.

Here are my specs:

ASUS P6T Delux V2
    OCZ Gold 1600 DDR3 memory (overclocked to 1800)
    i7 920 (currently at 4.4)
    GT-Z Waterblock
    Jingway pump (Danger dens new block pump)
    Dual 120x120 radiators (3 fans on a push pull push setup)
    GTX 260 SSC

Like I said this I am at 4.4 and I will be updating this hopefully daily until I get to 5.0.

PS-Water is fun, this is my first water setup and its literally 20 degrees cooler under load.

Wish me luck and pictures will be up later tonight of the new setup with water.
    I have a OCZ vertex and it rocks. Everything i do is super fast. It's clear the HD was the bottle neck all these years. Depends on how much space you need. Think of the SSD as a torque monster. A sort of ZR1 motor under the hood. It's reaction time (torque) is almost nil and through put (horse power ) is many times more than a reg /most HD off the shelf. Granted, Raptor HD i read are very fast in it's own right but SSD are still faster overall. When you experience it, you'll see.

If you still need a ton of space then i suppose keep a HD hooked up as a secondary drive. But def. boot from SSD and keep most used apps on there too. You can get so much more done....

2010 maybe the break out year for SSD as far as starting to become mainstream, we'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by fcman View Post
    nice, I been looking at the OCZ vertex turbo. Is it worth the money to switch from HDD to SSD?