Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice

Default Need Advice

Need a lil help. My coils off eBay are 82 +shipping. Should I get them or go to a junk yard get my struts and cut the coils? Which is 35each. 140 plus cutting what would he best? Coils cheaper but I'm clueless with them.... I'm a grease monkey I can take anything apart an put it together but I'm homer simpson when it comes to that stuff
    7g Mitsubishi Galant.94.2.4l boosted..... sleeper of the yr = )

FML champ
    Mitsubishi Club Member #2

get the coils.

casey, to bad your stuff isnt that cheap $$$

Parts Unknown!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S2KJD View Post
    get the coils.

casey, to bad your stuff isnt that cheap $$$
    I agree. Get the coils. I on the otherhand dont have a choice but to cut mine.

do coils.... ill help install for a lil $

Wow I see soooooo many spelling errors in first 3 posts....
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
    Need a lil help. My coils off eBay are 82 +shipping. Should I get them or go to a junk yard get my struts and cut the coils? Which is 35each. 140 plus cutting what would he best? Coils cheaper but I'm clueless with them.... I'm a grease monkey I can take anything apart an put it together but I'm homer simpson when it comes to that stuff
    What do you mean your coils from Ebay? You talking about coil overs or just new coil springs or lowered coil springs? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Well tien is high over 5. But skunk2 are 300.. Coil overs . But lowering springs 52 no name brand. 100 for Magen racing. Which is better? And thanks Casey I will take u up on that offer if my friend backs out. He has his own car shop down here. And neon y gotta be a asshole about spelling? And semi gave me neg reps cause he didn't know who I was lol I feel the love.

FML champ

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    What do you mean your coils from Ebay? You talking about coil overs or just new coil springs or lowered coil springs? Later, QD.
    I ment coil overs aftermarket not stock lol my car sit to high lol

FML champ

Well tien is high over 5. But skunk2 are 300.. Coil overs . But lowering springs 52 no name brand. 100 for Magen racing. Which is better? And thanks Casey I will take u up on that offer if my friend backs out. He has his own car shop down here. And neon y gotta be a asshole about spelling? And semi gave me neg reps cause he didn't know who I was lol I feel the love.

No one understands what you are trying to say.... Skunk2 is the only company you spelled correctly. I wasn't being an asshole, but I can start.
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

m5

hahahhahahhaq,,, man leave him alone ....hey if u wanna cut the spring ask trdwasiq or benefit ..they would help u ... hahhahah...they r pro...

Senior Member | IA Veteran

thread is .................

U was neon. Not everything on a thread has to be corrected this snt high school... And idk money is tight if. Get the coils be better in my eyes. I'll try and pull the money from some place

FML champ

U was neon. Not everything on a thread has to be corrected this snt high school... And idk money is tight if. Get the coils be better in my eyes. I'll try and pull the money from some place
    So because this isn't high school, you have to sound like a complete idiot

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

This guy is such a fucking retard, he tried to neg rep me and i dont know what the fuck he wrote in the comment box. Then he PMed me and it was even worse. Some peoples kids...

Look at this B.S.

N/A 09-30-2009 03:05 PM LightsOut Loser get a life man and girl lol kid. Asshole

I wish I hadnt deleted the PM cuz it was even dumber

Quote Originally Posted by esi_atlanta View Post
    hahahhahahhaq,,, man leave him alone ....hey if u wanna cut the spring ask trdwasiq or benefit ..they would help u ... hahhahah...they r pro...
    Fuck cutting springs. Heating is the best way to go if you do the backyard job. Later, QD.

C asshole on here 1st u pm me. And yea neo I didn't sound like a stupid I was asking them a question just cause people like u and that dude with the truck want to trash people cause they didn't spell this right or didn't spell that right..... The period goes here not their..... It's stupid u don't do anything but make ur self look like a total asshole. This is a fourm not high school. I would have not said anythng but your older then 18 and shouldn't be acting like a little kid. I haven't trashed anyone about anything. I simple ask questions and try to get meets. I don't start anything or say anything to make anyone mad. I may not add periods. I'm on my phone and. Have fat thumbs. And I'm usualy checking ia when I am taking out my dogs and I'm not caring if I spelled anythng right. I'm sry u guys gotta trash people to make ur self feel cool. I like u car neon I saw it last year at a meet. Have I ever trashed u? Have I ever trash u mazda guy? No. I simpla defend myself cause the lil kids on Here like to talk but n person their just babies. I have neg reps cause I defend myself aginst people like you Mazda but now idk. All I have to say to u and anyone who wants to trash people. Grow up we all importers we each like a dif car and style we each are our own person. We all are grown. Past high school. Y not act ur age and not ur shoe size.....................I have no problem with anyone u neg rep me o well it's a fourm it doesn't hurt me. I'm not gong to cry cause I'm in red.........

FML champ

C asshole on here 1st u pm me. And yea neo I didn't sound like a stupid I was asking them a question just cause people like u and that dude with the truck want to trash people cause they didn't spell this right or didn't spell that right..... The period goes here not their..... It's stupid u don't do anything but make ur self look like a total asshole. This is a fourm not high school. I would have not said anythng but your older then 18 and shouldn't be acting like a little kid. I haven't trashed anyone about anything. I simple ask questions and try to get meets. I don't start anything or say anything to make anyone mad. I may not add periods. I'm on my phone and. Have fat thumbs. And I'm usualy checking ia when I am taking out my dogs and I'm not caring if I spelled anythng right. I'm sry u guys gotta trash people to make ur self feel cool. I like u car neon I saw it last year at a meet. Have I ever trashed u? Have I ever trash u mazda guy? No. I simpla defend myself cause the lil kids on Here like to talk but n person their just babies. I have neg reps cause I defend myself aginst people like you Mazda but now idk. All I have to say to u and anyone who wants to trash people. Grow up we all importers we each like a dif car and style we each are our own person. We all are grown. Past high school. Y not act ur age and not ur shoe size.....................I have no problem with anyone u neg rep me o well it's a fourm it doesn't hurt me. I'm not gong to cry cause I'm in red.........
    well said actually, I can respect that

butthurt

Helmand Province, Afghanistan (Camp Leatherneck)

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon View Post
    Wow I see soooooo many spelling errors in first 3 posts....
    No one understands what you are trying to say.... Skunk2 is the only company you spelled correctly. I wasn't being an asshole, but I can start.
    So because this isn't high school, you have to sound like a complete idiot
    Not trying to single you out but just to make a point, this isn't high school, you're right. Who are you Mr. Belding? Chill dude. I understand his posts pretty well. Then again, I was educated by the public school system.

In either case, you've already gotten many good responses but I'll add mine for the shits and giggles. Cut springs = ricer bounce and not safe. If you can get coils cheap, go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP1660 View Post
    Cut springs = ricer bounce and not safe. If you can get coils cheap, go that route.
    If you know what you're doing, it is quite safe. I prefer heating to keep from having the bouncier ride. Later, QD.

How much if I get them heated?

FML champ

You can do it yourself for $10. No tools necessary. Later, QD.

To heat springs, just go to your local (or most local) volcano and toss em in for about 10 minutes.

There are things I would skrimp and do the cheap way (mostly just appearance wise) but when it comes to the car's handling, performance, etc... I won't do it cheaply. Hence why there isn't a ton of mods on my car.

There are things I would skrimp and do the cheap way (mostly just appearance wise) but when it comes to the car's handling, performance, etc... I won't do it cheaply. Hence why there isn't a ton of mods on my car.
    As I said before, I don't know if you couldn't/wouldn't see it, if you know what you're doing, this will turn out alright. You're 24? I've actually been lowering cars via heating the springs for your entire life. When you were learning how to pull up on a coffee table and walk, I was learning how to heat the springs on my car. And not one mistake (wreck, breakdown, etc) from doing this in 23 years, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how to do that. Later, QD.

How much if I get them heated?

dont do this...please

dont do this...please
    Alright. Why not? I never hear anyone post why not. All I see is it's unsafe. Proof? Explanation? Later, QD.

Alright. Why not? I never hear anyone post why not. All I see is it's unsafe. Proof? Explanation? Later, QD.

when we hangout at one of our crew meets i can give him all the explination he needs w/o offending anyone here on the site just being a good IA citizen

when we hangout at one of our crew meets i can give him all the explination he needs w/o offending anyone here on the site just being a good IA citizen

No offense to me. But as I said, if he wants to heat the springs, then there is nothing wrong with that. Over 20 years of ACTUAL (NO FAULT) EXPERIENCE is better than some dude saying no with no reason why. But as is usually the case, no one can step up and say why. Just want to act like know-it-alls without back-up. No offense. Later, QD.

Immmmm okay

FML champ

I can't heat them I don't trust myself on that lol. How much would it drop iif I heat it??? And would u do it for me quick?

FML champ

I can't heat them I don't trust myself on that lol. How much would it drop iif I heat it??? And would u do it for me quick?
    It will drop as much or little as you want it to. Some people pull one coil down and others (like myself) pull most all of them down. I don't know that I could get over there and do that as I don't get over to that part of town at all.

But it is real easy to do (takes about an hour) and I can explain it to you via PM if you want me to. Later, QD.

PM his ass so he can lower his damn car!

No offense to me. But as I said, if he wants to heat the springs, then there is nothing wrong with that. Over 20 years of ACTUAL (NO FAULT) EXPERIENCE is better than some dude saying no with no reason why. But as is usually the case, no one can step up and say why. Just want to act like know-it-alls without back-up. No offense. Later, QD.

no offense taken man

your /"20years" have the same effect on me as my post do for you ...all good

if quickdodge will do it for you since he has 20 years of doing it than great gl with that if not then pm me for clear/non-offensive explination for why not to do it, if you like

if quickdodge will do it for you since he has 20 years of doing it than great gl with that if not then pm me for clear/non-offensive explination for why not to do it, if you like
    Why not post it here? You won't offend me. I know what people "say" is the problem. But they are also the ones who have never done it before. They just hear it through the grapevine. Don't know what you're afraid of. Later, QD.

As I said before, I don't know if you couldn't/wouldn't see it, if you know what you're doing, this will turn out alright. You're 24? I've actually been lowering cars via heating the springs for your entire life. When you were learning how to pull up on a coffee table and walk, I was learning how to heat the springs on my car. And not one mistake (wreck, breakdown, etc) from doing this in 23 years, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how to do that. Later, QD.
    I could care less how long you've been doing it.

To QD: He said it best. Sure, you could do it, but he isn't trained and doesn't feel comfortable.

My point against it, is the companies that make these springs spent thousands if not millions testing and doing R&D. If you screw with the mechanics of the spring, all their R&D is crap.

Why not post it here? You won't offend me. I know what people "say" is the problem. But they are also the ones who have never done it before. They just hear it through the grapevine. Don't know what you're afraid of. Later, QD.

lol not afraid as im just not going to give you the satisfaction of throwing your weight around here like "your" 20 years means more than my 15. Still no offense so please dont take non. All i'll say is aftermarket suspension is not simply stock springs that have been heated up and then resold as "lowering springs."

I could care less how long you've been doing it.
    And that's fine, but you're a nobody to tell me I don't know what I'm doing. Funny that's the only thing you can come up with to make yourself sound good.

My point against it, is the companies that make these springs spent thousands if not millions testing and doing R&D. If you screw with the mechanics of the spring, all their R&D is crap.
    So that's your only point? Who fucking cares? People have been heating and cutting springs for years. Long before I ever thought about doing it. I made my own air intakes for my cars back in the late 90s. I guess I screwed with with the actual manufacturer's R&D back then, too. Who really cares? People have been improvising on mods/customizations for years man.

Take some advice and talk about things you know about and not what you think you know about. Unless you want to learn. This is what I do. You don't see me talking turbos or engine work because I don't know anything about that. Later, QD.
    Last edited by quickdodgeŽ; 10-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.

lol not afraid as im just not going to give you the satisfaction of throwing your weight around here like "your" 20 years means more than my 15.
    Well my 20 years of lowering experience DOES mean more than your 15 years of you NOT doing this sort of thing. And what do you mean "throw your weight around?" I'm not going to ban you for telling me you "heard" why it isn't good.

All i'll say is aftermarket suspension is not simply stock springs that have been heated up and then resold as "lowering springs."
    If you can find anywhere on this site (or any other) that I said that after market springs were heated up stock springs sold as lowering springs, I will give you everything I have. Right now. People are quick to pull the trigger but without ammo, the gun is useless. Later, QD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast