Thread: Video/Graphics card.

Banned

Default Video/Graphics card.

Okay, so I have a HP pavilion a6110n PC. The video/graphics card has a 1.0 performance average, everything else has a 5.0. Do I HAVE to get a new card? Or is there a site I can download it or update it? I have a few need for speed PC games just sitting there, I wanna play them lol.

Any help is appreciated.

More than likely you have like Intel onboard graphics or a very low end nVidia or ATI. The quickest answer to your question is yes. Technically IGP chips can play some games, but only ones that are not graphics intensive. If you want to be able to play your games without them looking blocky like legos or have the men walk like gumby due to low frame rates, then do yourself a favor and spend the $$ to get a decent video card. In fact there is a guy in the FS section selling at GTX 260 for $100 which will in fact play most games without issues.

Just my

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allshow97 View Post
    More than likely you have like Intel onboard graphics or a very low end nVidia or ATI. The quickest answer to your question is yes. Technically IGP chips can play some games, but only ones that are not graphics intensive. If you want to be able to play your games without them looking blocky like legos or have the men walk like gumby due to low frame rates, then do yourself a favor and spend the $$ to get a decent video card. In fact there is a guy in the FS section selling at GTX 260 for $100 which will in fact play most games without issues.

Just my

I went on the HP site and downloaded a new version of nVidia and the games work

Well done - always try new drivers first