Thread: Blackberry 8330

Default Blackberry 8330

Dont know if this is the right section for this or not so if it isnt, mods please move it for me.

I need a phone with email access and I can get a great deal on an 8330. Is there anything I need to know about this phone that will detract me? It will be through Verizon and I am not changing services so dont bother saying I should get the Iphone instead.

Everything I have read on it says its a great phone with all the features I want and all of the reviews I have read have been good. Anyone got any input that I should know about?

Ive had this phone for a little while, its absolutely fantastic! Although you could ave yourself alot of money on the plan with Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    Ive had this phone for a little while, its absolutely fantastic! Although you could ave yourself alot of money on the plan with Sprint.
    Save a little money, lose a lot of service. As it is, I am only paying $130 after taxes and fees for 2 phones, 2100 minutes, friends and family, unlimited texting, and the blackberry package.

How would you lose service? Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in GA, if you lose sprint you roam into verizon networks. Ive had sprint for several years now. I pay $99.99/mo for unlimted EVERYTHING

I have the blackbeery curve 8330 through verizon, I got it almost a year ago and I definetly enjpoy this phone, it does everything I want it to do in exception of flash websites.

I have updated my os on this device many times and each update is even better.

Btw, I am on my BB 8330 now, typing this response.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    How would you lose service? Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in GA, if you lose sprint you roam into verizon networks. Ive had sprint for several years now. I pay $99.99/mo for unlimted EVERYTHING
    Didnt know that. I do know that everyone I know that had or has Sprint has absolutely hated it.

I ended up ordering it last night. It should be here tomorrow sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    I ended up ordering it last night. It should be here tomorrow sometime.
    Jimmy you wont be dissapointed by the phone. I've had mine for about 8 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I strongly reccomend upgrading the os once you get it. Theres plenty of other informative how to's to be found on various BB forums. If you have any questions or trouble just PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanŽ
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Is there an issue with the original OS or is it just a matter of there being better? BTW I am typing this on the BB

congrats homie. There really isnt an issue with the original OS except that sometimes it can get laggy. If you do the upgrade you will notice a significant increase in performance.
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought

I will have to look onto that then.

Blackberry's are okay...I like my 8330 but it's pretty slow and spotty at some things.
    You're definitely going to need a memory card because these phones seem to cache up quick.
    I'd personally go with an iPhone especially since they're only $99 now.
    From a Network Administrator POV, they're much easier to set up if you're talking about email from work.. I'm not a fan of touch screens though.
    If not an Iphone then definitely a blackberry though.
    I'll whistle while you whine.
    2009 Summit White SS/TC

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123
    Blackberry's are okay...I like my 8330 but it's pretty slow and spotty at some things.
    You're definitely going to need a memory card because these phones seem to cache up quick.
    I'd personally go with an iPhone especially since they're only $99 now.
    From a Network Administrator POV, they're much easier to set up if you're talking about email from work.. I'm not a fan of touch screens though.
    If not an Iphone then definitely a blackberry though.
    He already bought the BB

Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    He already bought the BB
    And there is no way in hell I would EVER switch to AT&T.

Played with it a bit on breaks today but I'm still lost. My first complaint, options are not all that user friendly. I looked for 10 minutes and still couldnt find ringtones.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

My girlfriend and I both owner the T-mobile Curve 8320 and loved it...good phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    And there is no way in hell I would EVER switch to AT&T.

Played with it a bit on breaks today but I'm still lost. My first complaint, options are not all that user friendly. I looked for 10 minutes and still couldnt find ringtones.
    www.brinked.com

Best source for ring tones plus you can make your owns. Ringtones can be switched by going to profiles then hit advanced and then go through the options. it took me a minute to find them as well.

Found it, thanks. If you have seen Bedtime Stories I really want Adam Sandlers ringtone

found it. DL for free also