Thread: help

Default help

My laptop has just recently decided to give me major problems.

I boot windows, it stays on for a matter of 5 minutes or so then goes to the blue screen and says something about a memory dump.

Everytime I try to run AVG or go to the control panel to uninstall a program, it freezes and shuts down.

Anyone have any idea what to do.

I have booted in safe mode and run AVG, I have run spybot, Vista wont let me delete programs in safe mode for some reason.

Reps for serious help...
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Usually when i run into this, something has gotten corrupted in the registry or system files. Alot of times it requires a format/reinstall of the OS..

Rather than booting into safe mode, have you tried running the "Last known good configuration" ? Ive gotten lucky a few times and was able to use an older version. You can also try and use a previous system restore point if it will let you before it crashes.

Certified Gearhead

sounds like you possibly have something internal about to fail you.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    Usually when i run into this, something has gotten corrupted in the registry or system files. Alot of times it requires a format/reinstall of the OS..

Rather than booting into safe mode, have you tried running the "Last known good configuration" ? Ive gotten lucky a few times and was able to use an older version. You can also try and use a previous system restore point if it will let you before it crashes.
    I tried both. I guess whatever is killing my machin was lying dormant for a while because I restored to the oldest point and the machine is still shot.

I am reformatting tonight
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

01civic

Once you log into windows, even with problems... it remembers it as its Last Known Good Config.

So that won't work.

If you haven't reformatted send me a msg

I tried the last known config.

I reformatted yesterday

Certified Gearhead

still having problems?

eh, it won't run the same as it did new, but It will work until my new notebook comes in..

Certified Gearhead

try a memory test program. it could be the ram.

XSV SPEED IS FUN

Make sure to save the data that you can't lose

Quote Originally Posted by CLR-NISSAN
    Make sure to save the data that you can't lose
    did you not see where he reformatted a MONTH ago? I mean really people please read.