Thread: Starter and alternator

Certified Gearhead

Default Starter and alternator

This is the starter and alternator off the 85 Fox body Mustang I had. Was bolted onto a 302. I have no clue if the alternator works, but it did come off a car that was a running car until I tore it apart to put a new throwout bearing in it. Anywho, I did see the starter start the car when I went to go look at it before I picked it up.

I'm selling these parts as is, but I did see the car start with the starter on it, and I've heard a bad starter and know what one sounds like when it's going out (had to change out one on my 305 S10). Anywho, just to get these things gone, I'll take $25 for both pieces together, plus shipping of course.

what about just the starter?

Certified Gearhead

Oops my bad didnt know you had posted on this. Other forums send emials when threads have been replied to. I would sell just the starter, but it's still $20. I was just pretty much throwing in the altrenator to go along with the starter since I was unsure of it's condition.

If you want the starter, the alt comes with it. Might work, or could use as a core. Shipping might be a little high but I don't know what new starters cost for Mustangs.