Thread: Admin password unknown?

Default Admin password unknown?

ok so i just recently found a laptop in my room and it was my aunts before she passed away. Its a IBM thinkpad. I keep trying to bypass the password, even tried safemode but i guess there is a admin password, and i dont know it. I've heard of programs such as ophcrack, and winstallous. Any suggestions?

oh btw its windows xp professional

formatting the hard drive??
    Quote Originally Posted by civic gsr View Post
    STILLHAVE THAT PENIS ?????
    They should have never gave u niggggas vtec

Fuck a format.

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

I use this in a production environment to reset lost passwords, its sick shit.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    Fuck a format.

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

I use this in a production environment to reset lost passwords, its sick shit.

hell yea!! shit worked!! reps!!! :boobies:

I know this is an old thread but for future reference. I know most manufacturers like Dell and HP used to ship their laptops with a default blank password (just hit enter) for the default Admin or Administrator account.

Also, I've not tried this with a windows vista computer, but on xp most computers will allow you to use the following method to change a password of any account on the pc even if you are not logged in as the admin. Some pc's have Netuser access locked out. But most don't.

Click the "start" menu and select "run".

Type "cmd" and click "ok".

The command (some call it DOS) prompt.

no matter what is displayed, just type "net user" and then press "enter". don't forget the space between "net" and "user".

If access is not denied then you should see a list of all the user accounts on that pc.

Now type "net user" then enter the user name for the user who's password you want to change, followed by a "space" and then a "*" and press "enter". Here is an example.
    C:\>net user admin *

When you press enter the folowing message should appear.
    Type a password for the user:

If you wish to change the password, then just type the desired new password and press "enter".

Then close the window. The password should now be reset to whatever you changed it to.

If you were just testing to see if this works and you don't want to change the password, just close the window without typing anything after getting the "Type a password for the user:" message.

Once you're done, just go to the "start" menu and select "Log off".

Now just enter the users name, and the new password. And you should be in. Give it a whirl if you like. Enjoy.... piss your friends off and lock them out of their pc's... whatever. LOL
    Madalyn C. Lively Sep 23 2004 - Feb 03 2005 Mommy (kitkat), Daddy (AE86Taylor), Kassee, Katelyn, and Kyle miss and love you!

http://madalynswalk.tripod.com

^^ That works OK sometimes assuming you can actually LOG IN and also that the account you're using has administrative privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    ^^ That works OK sometimes assuming you can actually LOG IN and also that the account you're using has administrative privileges.
    I've done it with accounts that have minimal access and by booting to a dos prompt with no login. It varies from pc to pc, but 9 times out of 10 it works.
    Madalyn C. Lively Sep 23 2004 - Feb 03 2005 Mommy (kitkat), Daddy (AE86Taylor), Kassee, Katelyn, and Kyle miss and love you!

http://madalynswalk.tripod.com

bootable cds are the best way to go on locked out issues...I have some at the office that reset all local passwords to blank...the link provided should do fine for you though
    I'll whistle while you whine.
    2009 Summit White SS/TC