Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z06 vs. H/C WS6

Cool Z06 vs. H/C WS6

Now this has to be the most interesting and $hit talking race I have been in thus far. I just got to one of the local meeting spots and this group of guys asked me if I would run a red Trans Am. I was cool with it, then asked what the car had. "It's stock with a 4.10 gear and exhaust" was their response. I called BS as it wouldnt even be worth my time. I asked what about the bottle and they denied a bottle on the car. Whatever!! We talk about where to go and really cant come to a conclusion. All this time the owner of the car was not saying anything as his buddy did all the talking. Pablo then showed up and witnessed all the aftermath. The owner of the car then blows his top and says, "I will run that car anywhere from any mph and drag that $hit down the road, and show you how slow that Z06 really is!" I was pissed. I said ok and agreed to his location and mph- let's see you drag my $hit I said.

We get to the meeting spot EVENTUALLY, and his buddy then starts checking out my car. Keep in mind they were talking all this BIG GAME earlier. His buddy spots the bottle and yells out "he's got a bottle." That's not fair....... I told them it wasnt my problem, they were the one's saying they were going to drag my $hit so bring it. I told them I hope you got a big shot on that STOCK WS6! So now they wont run unless I disconnect the bottle. I did so I can see him drag my a$$, as he says. We line up at 20mph while others line up down the street at the end. I hit off the honks and he jumps the gun early before the third honk so I just hit it. He gets a .5-1 car jump b/c of this. Mid-top of third I start reeling him HARD! He let's off right as I am about to pass. I ask if he wants to run again and he does.

We line up again from 20mph and we get a dead even take off. I put a fender off the jump. Spin second gear to redline, SHIFT, spin going into third and car gets squirly and catches now I am .5 ahead. Top of 3rd going into 4th and bye bye I go. It was all over at 105. Cant say the gap, but it was getting nasty if we had more room. 3.42 gear>4.10 from 100+mph

We get back to the parking lot and discuss the run. He admits the first run I was coming hard, and second I won. We were cool and start talking about the cars, here's what this "STOCK" WS6 had.....

Heads and Cam
    Long tubes, etc
    TB
    Lid
    Forged 346ci- pistons, rods, etc
    last dyno numbers were- 417rwhp/400rwtq (says probably making alittle more b/c of some recent changes)

Didnt know they came like this from the factory... He gave props to the Z and he saw under my hood. Made it worst for him to know I disconnected the bottle and won with just 3 bolt-ons.
    Last edited by SilviaK93; 09-24-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    06 Mazda 3

IA.com BS DETECTOR

nice...the gears and extra weight of the fbody owned him.

i don't understand why ppl get so worked up over racing... its for fun. i had a gto get all pissy w/ me cause i beat him w/ a vw he wanted to see in my trunk cause he "KNOWS I HAVE NOS" i showed him he said B.S and riped out of the parking lot. oh well, some ppl cant enjoy them selfs... opps didnt mean to jack your thread again nice kill

Drifter/Kneedragger

hmmm... guess i should've hung around last night instead of just driving through.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPSI
    hmmm... guess i should've hung around last night instead of just driving through.
    definately, I called you but you were sleepy. I am sure he would have under estimated your little 4 banger........
    06 Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR
    nice...the gears and extra weight of the fbody owned him.
    I dont know why many Z owners go to a higher gear. I love the stock 3.42....it is somewhat strong from down low b/c of the weight and amazing on the highway- 180mph (6800 rev limiter)
    06 Mazda 3

lol good kill

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by SilviaK93
    I dont know why many Z owners go to a higher gear. I love the stock 3.42....it is somewhat strong from down low b/c of the weight and amazing on the highway- 180mph (6800 rev limiter)
    yeah,maybe they are more into running 1/8 mile or something. A lot of stang guys are like that too. I have 3.27s gears in my coupe but i don't need a lot of gear to accelerate my car.

Patience Pays...

damnit marshall you've been busy.. I'm going to start following you to these spots from now on. nice kill

Untouchable

Wow I missed that, I guess I came up there to late

bleh.

edited.
    Last edited by AznTraitor; 09-24-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Z06.... If the WS6 had a h/c swap.. he should of pulled on you by at least a 1 car.. the 4.10 slowed it down alot but it still should of.. I think it was the driver ,not the car.. I've seen a 2000 WS6 with a 75 shot pull a Z06 three times in a row with two different drivers in the Z06(both were good).. But i guess you get cocky when you drive a 380 rwhp car.. LOL

but nice kill if it really happen that way... PS i love corvettes.. No hate meant.. I'll see everyone tonight.. i'm riding out that way with luv2speed.

Rollin solo in da low low Pablo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCRAFTY
    but nice kill if it really happen that way....
    it really did happen that way.
    Pablo
    Original Member

IA Member

I am the owner of this H/C Trans-am that you ran last night and I can add to the story. You did not want to race from a dig, which is what I normally race from and everyone wanted to see a race so I agreed to go from a roll.

1st race 20 roll, I won by 3/4 car. I did not let off, I hit my limiter in 4th @ 120.
    2nd race 30 roll, dead even until 120, ran out of gear(4th). Yes, you were coming around.

I thought it was a great race all things considered, 3750 Raceweight TA against a 3200# Z06. 417RWHP T/A VS. 388RWHP Z06

We shook hands and gave each other props for good racing and nice cars. It was nice to finally come out and do some racing instead of the big car show it normally is.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

oh shit that was mikes red ws6 you ran? I could never imagine mike being a big shit talker. I wonder if Henry was the buddy who was whining about the bottle?

haha whats up mike.

IA Member

I think everyone was talking a little trash just to get a race going instead of watching the big carshow @ PNR. We all just wanted a fair race, I told him I would run him from a dig if he wanted to use the bottle, which was declined.

We tried to get him to run's Henry's car, but his buddy kept complaining about it had a blower ZzZzzZzz... I don't blame him, it would have been ugly.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by m1key99ws6
    I think everyone was talking a little trash just to get a race going instead of watching the big carshow @ PNR. We all just wanted a fair race, I told him I would run him from a dig if he wanted to use the bottle, which was declined.
    yeah,i've heard there a lot of fbodies up there for the car show. I know your car is pretty nasty from a dig. I guess you got a decent rear end in it now though right?

IA Member

Nah I was running on the whining 10-bolt, I've been at the lake this summer riding my Waverunners, so I haven't dedicated any time to the TA. Last night was the first time I cranked it up in over a month. LOL

IA.com BS DETECTOR

I dunno henrys car vs that zo6 on the spray would be pretty close i think?

Mike... i've only come across ONE vette that had the balls to get it from a dig.. Most vette drivers know they don't have sh*t from a stop..

What does henry drive

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by BCRAFTY
    What does henry drive
    93 red fox body coupe with a vortech blower and other bolt ons.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR
    I dunno henrys car vs that zo6 on the spray would be pretty close i think?
    No way, but theres only one way to find out!

IA.com BS DETECTOR

heh,for sure. I know from a dig henry will win since hes a good driver but a roll run would be interesting.

Get that race set up!!!!!!!!!!

IA Member

I still don't understand why people don't like racing from a stop. I believe it's because it takes more skill to hook up a high TQ car, especially on street tires. But it's all about the combination. Racing from a roll is very dependant of gearing, with my 3.42's back in the car it would be great racing from a roll, no wheelspin.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

I still don't understand why people don't like racing from a stop. I believe it's because it takes more skill to hook up a high TQ car, especially on street tires. But it's all about the combination. Racing from a roll is very dependant of gearing, with my 3.42's back in the car it would be great racing from a roll, no wheelspin.
    A lot of people don't like breaking parts. I know you know all about that. Racing from a kick is usually a lot less stress on the drivetrain. Also a lot of people just can't get a very high hp car to hook up on radial tires

IA Member

True true. Breaking drivetrain sucks. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get back into working on the TA. I just need to get that 9" ordered. I still indecisive on going with a detroit locker b/c it clunks a lot, or go with the tru-track (posi-style but weaker).

hold the f-up....is this porkchop???

IA Member

Yesser! You guys didn't tell him he was racing a celebrity. hehehe j/k

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    hold the f-up....is this porkchop???
    Yeah that B porkchop!!
    [email protected]
    02 Z28 with a bunch of goodies! Its gone

New project 89 Toyota Cressida....

YUP YUP. Who's this?
    That is Pete..
    [email protected]
    02 Z28 with a bunch of goodies! Its gone

New project 89 Toyota Cressida....

Porkchop...this is Peter! how the heck have you been? last I heard you got married and moved out to BFE!

I did the same, minus the marrying part.

Yesser! You guys didn't tell him he was racing a celebrity. hehehe j/k

celebrity is right....everyone knows you.

IA Member

I got married last july and bought a house in Snellville, GA. Still working for "the man". Where did you move to? Where are you working these days?

I got married last july and bought a house in Snellville, GA. Still working for "the man". Where did you move to? Where are you working these days?

I'll PM you...I dont want to take away from marshall's post

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    I'll PM you...I dont want to take away from marshall's post
    LOL

A celebrity you are Mike. It was good meeting you and it was some very close racing. I can agree with your reply to the first race as it is basically what I said. Second race I would have to say I did have the fender on you. Regardless a fender makes for a damn near even race. You got a very impressive Trans there. I knew you were famous last night as when I went back up there some were commenting on our race. Basically trying to take away the fact that you and I are about a dead even heat. Then they go on to comment- oh you should run bottle to bottle and he will stomp your car...... I just laughed and agreed. A forged 346 on the bottle vs. a stock 346 on bottle is a hands down contest. I was happy that you and I were able to walk away with good words and a hand shake although I stick with my fender lead....!

We should hook up again as many people are coming out wanting to play it seems. Would be nice to see your car in action once again- running someone else next time though.
    06 Mazda 3

ooooooooooooooo i wanna be at the next race

i think u should run henry!!! that car is SLLLLOOOOWWW haha

maybe if im lucky my old rust bucket will be up and running again and i can play too

all i got is a hair dryer

chris
    If You Aint Blowin You Aint Goin!!!

"So, Lone Star. Now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast