Thread: Large vids???

Default Large vids???

How do I transfer them off my camera? I have alot of smaller ones that I have on my computer but I have a couple 20min+ I want off. I tried to load them straight to photobucket but they have a 10 max. My computer keep saying it doesn't have room? HELP!!

TIA
    One Big Ass Mistake America

If your videos are large you're gonna have a hell of a wait time to upload them anywhere assuming they will take a file that size. I recommend cleaning up some space on your hdd, getting them on your comp. and compressing them. What format are the videos in? It seems odd that a ~25min video from a camera would be that large.

Quote Originally Posted by dorin48
    If your videos are large you're gonna have a hell of a wait time to upload them anywhere assuming they will take a file that size. I recommend cleaning up some space on your hdd, getting them on your comp. and compressing them. What format are the videos in? It seems odd that a ~25min video from a camera would be that large.

Well to start I don't know much about computers. So this is all I know about the videos. IDK if this is the format you we looking for and I don't know where to start on cleaning up my HDD.

Name: DSCF0190
    Date taken: 2/27/2009
    Time Taken: 1:23:58 PM
    Image Format: Video Clip
    Size 1.53 GB

Name: DSCF0192
    Date taken: 2/27/2009
    Time Taken: 2:25:58 PM
    Image Format: Video Clip
    Size 1.00 GB
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Ok well given the size and depending on your internet speed you could wait anywhere from an entire day to a couple of weeks to directly up load them to a hosting site. All home use services have very low upload speeds to prevent you from running a small server out of your home. I recommend just trying to make space on your computer and if you can use firewire or something faster than usb1.0 to d/l them to your computer.

If your computer is newer it probably has usb 2.0 which is good and maybe even a firewire port. (the firewire port is shaped like this |===> , has one flat end and an arrow shaped end. Hope that helps!