Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, I just stopped two kids from breaking into cars in my neighborhood...

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

Default So, I just stopped two kids from breaking into cars in my neighborhood...

This was at 4:30am this morning...

I live in a relatively nice neighborhood in Suwanee. The other neighborhoods around me are nice, upper middle class as well. It's not the type of place that you would think of for "crime" or "burglaries" and whatnot.

I was shutting up the house to go to bed and happened to look out of my front window (to see if it was still snowing/raining/sleeting) to see a teenage kid with a hoodie going into the cars across the street. Both were open (doors unlocked), so he was going through the glovebox/center console for both. I ran upstairs, grabbed my pistol, put it into the small of my back (just 'cause you never know what is going to happen) and grabbed my cell phone.

I walked outside (I probably should have just called the cops and observed, but since I know this neighbor, I didn't want them to fuck their cars up and/or steal anymore stuff) and confronted one of the kids. Eh, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. The other one was already up the street trying to find other unlocked cars.

I crossed the street and asked told the kid to freeze. He didn't. He slowly started walking, got to the side of the house, and sprinted. I gave chase, but he started hoping fences/rocks/etc.

I cut back around the side of the house and ran down the street to cut him off. He was nowhere to be found (I guess he was hiding)? While I was looking, I see his buddy cut across the street further down and go through the woods. I was on the phone with 911 at the time, but couldn't see exactly where the kids went (it was dark and there was a HUGE dropoff that they had to jump down to get away - I'll be shocked if neither of them are hurt from doing so in all honesty).

While I'm waiting for the cops (this is 4:22am in the morning mind you), I see a car come into the neighborhood. Thinking that it was the cops, I walked out into the street. The car immediately stopped, turned around, jumped a curb, and then sped off. I am guessing that the kids called this car to pick them up or something.

Three cop cars showed up and went searching for the kids, but they didn't find them. From what the cops told us, this is one of the most common thefts in the area. It's typically teenage/early 20s white kids that go car to car looking for vehicles that are unlocked. They never break windows or anything like that, however.

Given the area that I live in (low crime, no rapes, no murders, 97% white, upper middle class), most people are very trusting. They leave their vehicles unlocked and whatnot as there is very little crime here. You just have teenage kids that do this around 2-5am in the morning. The police handle these type of thefts all the time around here.

The kid that I confronted was in his late teens, shorter, white male, had a dark hoodie on, and a small backpack. The other kid in the red shirt that went up the street looked to be white as well.

Go figure. Oh well, I've done my good deed for the night.

*UPDATE* - I was talking to my neighbor just a few minutes ago (this is the neighbor that has the house right by the woods where I chased them to, not the one who had his cars broken into) and he was telling me something that he found today in his back yard. He found a pair of dirty (shit in) boxers by his back deck today (they were not there yesterday, so it happened last night/this morning sometime). Fresh shit, a lot of it, in the boxers.

I literally scared the SHIT out of one of the kids.
    Last edited by Ruiner; 01-18-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

hahahahah wtf

want to buy a ps2?

wtf is the point of even leaving your car unlocked at all? that just seems stupid to me. even if i lived in a part of the country with 0% crime int he middle of nowhere i think i would still lock the doors.

LOL @ white kids not having the balls to actually break into the cars to get what they want.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

LOL where do u live in suwanee

Orlllllyy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner
    He found a pair of dirty (shit in) boxers by his back deck today (they were not there yesterday, so it happened last night/this morning sometime). Fresh shit, a lot of it, in the boxers.

I literally scared the SHIT out of one of the kids.
    CSI can get DNA and find out which kids did it. I saw it on TV.

were they black...wait wut? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

lol @ white ppl stealing.

take that sterotypes lol

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSINXS
    lol @ white ppl stealing.

take that sterotypes lol
    at least they didnt damage the property

a thief is a thief, broken glass or not. adn white ppl broke my glass and stole my gauges. waht is your point?

damn, yah suwanee is getting dirtier by the minute. last year my uncles truck got stolen. luckily they recovered it in buford....fuckin thief's

Quote Originally Posted by PSINXS
    a thief is a thief, broken glass or not. adn white ppl broke my glass and stole my gauges. waht is your point?
    Black people make better thieves.

That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    CSI can get DNA and find out which kids did it. I saw it on TV.
    True, but here is the catch: they need to already have their DNA on file (which they probably don't).

That was my point.
    i disagree when it comes down to automobile thieves

Certified Gearhead

SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA THAT KID!

i would have walked up on the kid in the car and thumped him, held him till the cops showed up, let him squeal like a pig on his "homie." "no honor among thieves"

That was my point.
    nobody was talking to you.

lol. thats some funny shit. you made him shit in his pants.ahhahaha
    :idb:

Props on the bragging rights.

Only .02566% of the population has literally scared the shit out of someone in their lifetime.

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

Quote Originally Posted by 2rotor
    SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA THAT KID!

i would have walked up on the kid in the car and thumped him, held him till the cops showed up, let him squeal like a pig on his "homie." "no honor among thieves"
    That was my intent, but he saw me before I could make it across the street. He was definitely looking out for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevykev
    Props on the bragging rights.

Only .02566% of the population has literally scared the shit out of someone in their lifetime.
    I know, right? And he didn't even see any of my guns. Imagine if he had seen...say, my AK-47 pointed at him or something? Ahahahahah.

That was my point.
    and your proud of this

Imagine if he had found a gun belonging to the neighbor in the car, turned around, and shot your ass. You die, and your neighbor gets arrested for your murder.

All ///Motor Pöwer

Hey I live in a really nice neighborhood in Suwanee as well.

I wonder which neighborhood this happened in...
    ///M-Sport Coupe + VTEC

Quote Originally Posted by civic95
    Imagine if he had found a gun belonging to the neighbor in the car, turned around, and shot your ass. You die, and your neighbor gets arrested for your murder.
    Wrong. You aren't familiar with how the law works, huh?

If they "found" a gun in the car, it would still be theft. They would have stolen the gun and used it on me. Granted, I had my gun and would have probably shot the guy before he would have...even if he had fired, we were still a good 10+yds away or so. I can promise that I am more accurate with my pistol than some kid.

Back to what I was saying, the homeowner wouldn't be liable at all. Why would they get charged with my murder? Please explain that to me...

That's like saying that if someone steals your car and runs someone over, you get charged with the homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by MitZu_EVO
    Hey I live in a really nice neighborhood in Suwanee as well.

I wonder which neighborhood this happened in...
    You know the MorningView neighborhoods? Back there. They happen in all of those neighborhoods back there all the time. I just happened to catch the people.

Wrong. You aren't familiar with how the law works, huh?

If they "found" a gun in the car, it would still be theft. They would have stolen the gun and used it on me. Granted, I had my gun and would have probably shot the guy before he would have...even if he had fired, we were still a good 10+yds away or so. I can promise that I am more accurate with my pistol than some kid.

Back to what I was saying, the homeowner wouldn't be liable at all. Why would they get charged with my murder? Please explain that to me...

That's like saying that if someone steals your car and runs someone over, you get charged with the homicide.
    Thief runs, neighbors owns the gun, no witnesses. Car had not been broken into. He'd be the first suspect, even if he claimed innocent.

You know the MorningView neighborhoods? Back there. They happen in all of those neighborhoods back there all the time. I just happened to catch the people.
    Fuckfaces all over suwanee are doing it, I live off of Taylor Road in wildwood lakes my old car, a few others in my neighborhood got hit, I lost a cellphone 2 Audiobahn Sound Q's, an eclipse Head unit, and a Springfield XD, Just up the street my homeboy off camp perrin got hit for a window, his iPod, his brand new Walther PPS and a sony vaio. Fuck this area now. Bunch of stupid fuck meth heads is what it is. and you should've beaten the fuckin shit out of those little cuntbags IMO. I would've given em the Doc Marten Dental plan.

Quote Originally Posted by civic95
    Thief runs, neighbors owns the gun, no witnesses. Car had not been broken into. He'd be the first suspect, even if he claimed innocent.
    Forensic evidence and motive would clear him (her, actually). They will look at a person's past criminal history (or lack of), take statements, perhaps a polygraph, investigations, and various other things.

They can check for fingerprints on the car/gun, gun powder residue on the hands of the shooter, shooting angle, height, bullet trajectory, etc.

There are a huge number of things that can be done/traced to include and/or eliminate suspects in cases such as these. Unlike the movies, it is actually rather difficult to frame someone given today's forensic techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinsA32
    Fuckfaces all over suwanee are doing it, I live off of Taylor Road in wildwood lakes my old car, a few others in my neighborhood got hit, I lost a cellphone 2 Audiobahn Sound Q's, an eclipse Head unit, and a Springfield XD, Just up the street my homeboy off camp perrin got hit for a window, his iPod, his brand new Walther PPS and a sony vaio. Fuck this area now. Bunch of stupid fuck meth heads is what it is. and you should've beaten the fuckin shit out of those little cuntbags IMO. I would've given em the Doc Marten Dental plan.
    Had I got them, no telling what I would have done and/or what would have happened. It would have been situation-dependent I guess. Whatever you might *plan* always ends up going astray in situations such as that. You just have to play it by ear and make the best choices that you can.

But yeah, from what the cops tell me, it's mostly white teenagers from well-to-do families that are doing this. And yes, they are taking the things that you said.

Now, keeping your gun in your car overnight is a HUGE no no. I can't believe that people do that in all honesty.

Had I got them, no telling what I would have done and/or what would have happened. It would have been situation-dependent I guess. Whatever you might *plan* always ends up going astray in situations such as that. You just have to play it by ear and make the best choices that you can.

But yeah, from what the cops tell me, it's mostly white teenagers from well-to-do families that are doing this. And yes, they are taking the things that you said.

Now, keeping your gun in your car overnight is a HUGE no no. I can't believe that people do that in all honesty.
    It was locked in my glovebox, little shitheads pried it. And yeah it's all suburban upper middle class little fucks that are geeked off their nuts off of meth or coke that are too fucking lazy to get a job to pay for their habits.

It was locked in my glovebox, little shitheads pried it. And yeah it's all suburban upper middle class little fucks that are geeked off their nuts off of meth or coke that are too fucking lazy to get a job to pay for their habits.

Those are usually older actually. Most of the door checkers are just your average shitty teenager. Someone drops them off, they go down the street checking car doors and steal from any that are unlocked, then get picked up. It's become really popular the past year or so.

BTW, link to more pics of your sig

In all honesty, had it been MY vehicle that they were inside and/or trying to break into, things might have turned out differently.

There wasn't much I could do being that it wasn't my property, but had it been might, I would have put GA's "Stand Your Ground" law into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McCardle
    Those are usually older actually. Most of the door checkers are just your average shitty teenager. Someone drops them off, they go down the street checking car doors and steal from any that are unlocked, then get picked up. It's become really popular the past year or so.

Yep, you are 100% dead on.

I WISH that I wouldn't have walked out into the street when I saw the car coming down the road (I thought that it was a cop car). Once the car saw me, it immediately turned around and sped out of the neighborhood. THAT was the getaway car. Fuck. I knew it when he stopped. It was too far away for me to get the plate and he wasn't close enough to the street light for me to make out many details.

In all honesty, had it been MY vehicle that they were inside and/or trying to break into, things might have turned out differently.

There wasn't much I could do being that it wasn't my property, but had it been might, I would have put GA's "Stand Your Ground" law into effect.
    Damn Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick McCardle
    NSFW http://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery1.htmlNSFW

NSFWhttp://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery2.htmlNSFW
    NSFW http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Adahlia&w=7577809%40N05 NSFW

Emergency Medical Tech

I live close to suwannee.Which neighbourhood u live on??

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ruah_23
    I live close to suwannee.Which neighbourhood u live on??
    I live back in the MorningView area and I'll leave it at that.

usually i'm on the same page w/you on things but this time, i think you should've just observed and called the cops. pistol in your pants or not, you don't know (as you clearly found out) how many ppl there are out there, what they are/aren't carrying, and what "backup" they maybe have. consider yourself lucky and keep watching out for yourself over your neighbors' belongings. cars/goods can be replaced, lives, not so much.

IA KING

lol awesome too bad you didn't get to shoot anyone

I also live in Suwanee, and it has been a pretty popular thing lately. I know several families in our subdivision went through this about a month ago.
    Everyone dies, not everyone lives...

"Easy" is an adjective used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast