Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOU can now BLame BUSH

Default YOU can now BLame BUSH

Bush Says He Takes Responsibility For Katrina Errors President Bush says Hurricane Katrina exposed "serious problems in the response capability at all levels of government."

MORE DETAILS: http://treets.wsbtv.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=59672425&t=1

lol he takes responsibility
    now no more arguing
    Val for President

oh damn thats hardcore

Of course he did. When your the boss you take responsibilty for what your employess do. Just as in any job.Doesnt mean shit.

YEA...IM AN ASSHOLE

lol i was like wtf? when i got an email from the news saying that lol
    Val for President

Quote Originally Posted by dereksi
    Of course he did. When your the boss you take responsibilty for what your employess do. Just as in any job.Doesnt mean shit.
    i know its just that everyone is bitching about whos fault the hurrican was so i thought this was funny
    Val for President

well i would think that means hes a responsible boss then

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    i know its just that everyone is bitching about whos fault the hurrican was so i thought this was funny
    yeah no questions about it now

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by uproot
    yeah no questions about it now
    Obviously.

Seriously, do you people think that's all there is to it?

Good god, no wonder you people vote for these douchebags over and over again.
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

damn dat nigga.

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

waiting for a "I told you so" from a certain person

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas99
    Obviously.

whos being serious

DANG!

Cav-E-R's Lesbian Seagull Kristi's Avatar

i just got the breaking news email about it.

i don't think the fault is purely his and I see why he is taking responsibility, but i do think he is somewhat responsible. he did afterall appoint the idiot FEMA director - or ex director.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it!

Myspace
    Facebook

exactly. it's called responsibilty.

Quote Originally Posted by uproot
    whos being serious

DANG!
    Val for President

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas99
    Obviously.

Fucking retard

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Black Paper Diary
    Fucking retard
    There's some intellectual fortitude for ya.
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Everyone is trying to shift the blame to the highest person possible, Bush.

In an interview the other night, LA democrat senator (I forgot her name) was made to look like a jackass when she blindly was blaming Bush for everything although the interviewer (Mike Wallace) busted her each time. For example:

She was going on and on about how the FEDERAL gov't should've done this and that, but Mike Wallace pointed out how hundreds of CITY buses were left parked WAITING on the Hurricane that could've been used to evacuate all those people that DIDN'T have transportation. They had 2 whole days to do it and did nothing. Now they want to blame the FEDS, who are 1000 miles away, that THEY didn't get the people out in time.

She also got busted by him when he told her that her Senator friends diverted money that the FEDERAL gov't had assigned for Levee upgrades to other things THEY thought were MORE important at the time. Yet that too is Bush's fault.

Personally, even though its a tragic event and people lost their lives there, it's easy for everybody to FIND a reason to Bush hate just because they were Bush haters BEFORE this all happened in the first place. It's even come out now that LOUISIANA'S FEMA director and Gov. told the Feds to HOLD ON for like 2 days when the FEDS offered to help, while they "accessed" the damage first. The whole damn city is flooded, someone is asking if you need help, and you say "HOLD ON, let me check"???????? :jerkit:

Funny how people are quick to point the finger at Bush, yet looters were looting shoe stores and jewelry stores for their own gain, evacuees are now being found trading/selling/and misusing those $2k debit cards that were given out to help them, Local gov't in LA KNEW for decades their levees weren't going to hold a Cat 5 yet did nothing, etc, etc, etc.

Not one single person from the STATE level has stepped up and said, "I screwed up. This happened on MY watch. Now I am going to fix it". Not one. Yet they ALL want to point 1000 miles away to a man that had nothing to do with it. Whatever. I'm sick of people always blaming others instead of themselves first.

If they had told ME to get the hell out of dodge cause a Hurricane was coming and I chose to stay, that would be MY fault only. If I had no transportation, are you gonna pick up the phone and call the White House to send you somebody to help you or are you gonna pick up the phone and call LOCALLY?????

been so long

^Amen...some of you others really talk out of you're ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    Everyone is trying to shift the blame to the highest person possible, Bush.

In an interview the other night, LA democrat senator (I forgot her name) was made to look like a jackass when she blindly was blaming Bush for everything although the interviewer (Mike Wallace) busted her each time. For example:

She was going on and on about how the FEDERAL gov't should've done this and that, but Mike Wallace pointed out how hundreds of CITY buses were left parked WAITING on the Hurricane that could've been used to evacuate all those people that DIDN'T have transportation. They had 2 whole days to do it and did nothing. Now they want to blame the FEDS, who are 1000 miles away, that THEY didn't get the people out in time.

She also got busted by him when he told her that her Senator friends diverted money that the FEDERAL gov't had assigned for Levee upgrades to other things THEY thought were MORE important at the time. Yet that too is Bush's fault.

Personally, even though its a tragic event and people lost their lives there, it's easy for everybody to FIND a reason to Bush hate just because they were Bush haters BEFORE this all happened in the first place. It's even come out now that LOUISIANA'S FEMA director and Gov. told the Feds to HOLD ON for like 2 days when the FEDS offered to help, while they "accessed" the damage first. The whole damn city is flooded, someone is asking if you need help, and you say "HOLD ON, let me check"???????? :jerkit:

Funny how people are quick to point the finger at Bush, yet looters were looting shoe stores and jewelry stores for their own gain, evacuees are now being found trading/selling/and misusing those $2k debit cards that were given out to help them, Local gov't in LA KNEW for decades their levees weren't going to hold a Cat 5 yet did nothing, etc, etc, etc.

Not one single person from the STATE level has stepped up and said, "I screwed up. This happened on MY watch. Now I am going to fix it". Not one. Yet they ALL want to point 1000 miles away to a man that had nothing to do with it. Whatever. I'm sick of people always blaming others instead of themselves first.

If they had told ME to get the hell out of dodge cause a Hurricane was coming and I chose to stay, that would be MY fault only. If I had no transportation, are you gonna pick up the phone and call the White House to send you somebody to help you or are you gonna pick up the phone and call LOCALLY?????
    but , when you whole city is abo to be taken out. And u look for help, and they dont know what to do... what do u do?

Like a manger's store is losing money, and they look up to corporate for answers and corporate doesnt know what to do? what is the manager supposed to do?

And the levee's was a joint projject betwen the federal government, and the state. I dont think theres Bush hate, there is bush questioning. Honestly if u cant look to yoru leader for answers there is obviously a problem. no matter who u voted for, ppl respect their leader, but as much bad stuff thats ogin on in the government right now. Its more than a coincidence. THe economyisnt gettin better, it hasnt gotten better. Has anything improved in the last 6 years?

If your told to leave and you CHOSE to ignore it what is Bush supposed to do?? Physically come and remove them froem there house?? Its a free country you have the right to chose and they choose wrong,there fault not his.

YEA...IM AN ASSHOLE

If your told to leave and you CHOSE to ignore it what is Bush supposed to do?? Physically come and remove them froem there house?? Its a free country you have the right to chose and they choose wrong,there fault not his.
    if your told to leave, and u CANT. nd u evacuate to a place thats supposed to be a safe refuge for them. Which is what ppl who couldnt evacuate were told where they should go by the STATE/GOVERNMENT. Im sure you know ppl that have no money, and live check to check.. and are barely making it as is and just cant get up and leave. Old ppl, handicapped etc. Soo ppl that couldnt leave deserved to be left behind to starve to death etc. Just b/c they told them to leave and they couldnt. Mind you, that the bad of this didnt ahppen until after the storm, when the levees broke. SO ppl were like its ok, than all of a sudden the flooding began.

Yea you gotta valid point.

YEA...IM AN ASSHOLE

I think he took the blame because the pointing fingers is getting old, and everyone needs to focus on the issue at hand, and thats getting things done there. So he stands up, and says "Blame it on me, its my fault" this way people cant quit the finger pointing and get to work at getting NOL back again.

Remember Bush did declare the area a disaster area 2 days before the hurricane hit, which gave FEMA full authority to get the shit ready and stand by, So when it went through the forces were ready to roll in, Bush did his part, FEMA and the local government dropped the ball.
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

FEMA sucked!..Lol, Someone else should have took control/or should have been ready to be in charge ASAP..Like the troops/army.

IA KING

bahhhh this is best thread ever... i love how bush really wasn't bashed but all you bush supporters are in here trying to sugar coat the situation...

simple: if your employees fuck up and you are supposed to be the one in charge, who do the fingers get pointed at. exactly.

from the mayor to the white house there were fuckups, where was bush the first of the week this was happening??? vacation??? he admited they are at fault, so chalk it up and get over it. all you bitches were wrong - lol

ever since he was elected for his second term, i have lost faith in the government and ppl. this is what u get when u vote in a jackass like him
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Jordan_W

the biggest bullshit about this is that.... the democrats are continuously blaming bush, so when he finally takes responsibility for, they still bitch and moan about it. He cannot do anything with out some hippy liberal douche having a problem with him....

he did act slow, he finally did the smartest thing admitted to it. i hope he could do the same for his other mistakes,
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

The levees may have been a Fed/Local thing, but it's been found out since all this went down that not only did ELECTED LOCAL officials (i.e. Senators and Governors) decided to DIVERT the FEDERAL money that was allocated for levees to "other" things. What those things are or were will soon be seen because now people are on that like white on rice. It'll soon come out I'm sure.

What I don't understand is that Bush was proven to have been turned away BY THE GOV of the state of Louisiana, yet HE is getting blamed for "dragging his feet"????? That's BS. He's the scape goat because other people screwed up and it's easier to point the finger at the guy on top than it is to admit they were wrong themselves.

The levees were NEVER designed to stand up to a Cat 5. EVERYBODY knew that, first and foremost the people of Louisiana. Let's put the dots together here: I live BELOW sea level already. The only thing keeping both SEA and a LAKE from drowning me are levees and canals. Neither is BUILT to stand up to a Cat 5 Hurricane. I KNOW this for...hmmmm.....DECADES, YET I still decide to STAY when they tell to get the hell out because a CAT. 5 IS COMING. The local gov't has HUNDREDS of STATE OWNED AND OPERATED buses that COULD get out THOUSANDS of people that CAN'T get out on their own, yet they PARK them up against those same levees that aren't gonna stand a chance instead of driving them around picking up those indigent people that later loot and burn down buildings because SNEAKERS are so important to have when you have NO HOME to go to......

All of THAT is Bush's fault?????? Whatever. People need to man up and quit using an escape goat. It is NOT the Gov't's responsability to MAKE you use your own brain. The local gov't in Louisiana had their finger up their butt for days and then suddenly when the shit hit the fan they started yelling and screaming to help and when that help wasn't instantaneous they complained. Bush took less time to send help than the local gov't did for themselves.

Jordan_W

^^^^ very good points

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    if your told to leave, and u CANT. nd u evacuate to a place thats supposed to be a safe refuge for them. Which is what ppl who couldnt evacuate were told where they should go by the STATE/GOVERNMENT. Im sure you know ppl that have no money, and live check to check.. and are barely making it as is and just cant get up and leave. Old ppl, handicapped etc. Soo ppl that couldnt leave deserved to be left behind to starve to death etc. Just b/c they told them to leave and they couldnt. Mind you, that the bad of this didnt ahppen until after the storm, when the levees broke. SO ppl were like its ok, than all of a sudden the flooding began.

You're absolutely right, but why didn't the Governor or Mayor use those buses they PARKED up by the levees they KNEW wouldn't hold in the first place to evacuate all those people that couldn't evacuate for themselves???? The buses were parked and left, some with the keys in them (because the looters later took the ones that weren't flooded on joy rides), 2 whole days BEFORE the storm even hit which means they had a total of 4 to evacuate all those indigent people. 2 days before and the 2 days or so before the levees finally broke AFTER the storm.

Yet during those same 2 days AFTER the storm before the city was totally flooded and you could've gotten people out in those buses, they were too busy with their finger up their butt and whining about Bush come help me come help me.

The interstate leading out of the city has like 6-8 lanes across (using both north and south bound at the same time) that could have been used going one way out of the city to evacuate. They didn't even do that. If you have a mandatory evacuation out of a city, why the hell do you need an open road coming INTO the city? Leave one freaking lane to let locals come home and use the rest to get people out. In all the pictures I've seen of the evacuation days before the storm hit, all the lanes leading out are bumper-to-bumper and the opposing side is totally deserted......how's that make sense?

I guess Bush shoulda gone down there and put on a reflective vest and directed traffic himself too....... :jerkit:

Local gov't dropped the ball point blank. This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit.

jaime i agree with u on most of your points. A lot of the blame goes to the state, mainly to the governor. put it like this, everyone dropped the ball on this and i hope thier heads roll. the thing is ppl know bush better than they know the LA government. so of course hegoing to get blame and plus this is the man who said he was the best person to protect the country. he said the U.S. was ready for this kind of stuff. need to remember why he is being blamed, 57% of americans dont belive him anymore because of the war in iraq, so if anything happens, fingers are going to be pointed in his direction.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    You're absolutely right, but why didn't the Governor or Mayor use those buses they PARKED up by the levees they KNEW wouldn't hold in the first place to evacuate all those people that couldn't evacuate for themselves???? The buses were parked and left, some with the keys in them (because the looters later took the ones that weren't flooded on joy rides), 2 whole days BEFORE the storm even hit which means they had a total of 4 to evacuate all those indigent people. 2 days before and the 2 days or so before the levees finally broke AFTER the storm.

Yet during those same 2 days AFTER the storm before the city was totally flooded and you could've gotten people out in those buses, they were too busy with their finger up their butt and whining about Bush come help me come help me.

The interstate leading out of the city has like 6-8 lanes across (using both north and south bound at the same time) that could have been used going one way out of the city to evacuate. They didn't even do that. If you have a mandatory evacuation out of a city, why the hell do you need an open road coming INTO the city? Leave one freaking lane to let locals come home and use the rest to get people out. In all the pictures I've seen of the evacuation days before the storm hit, all the lanes leading out are bumper-to-bumper and the opposing side is totally deserted......how's that make sense?

I guess Bush shoulda gone down there and put on a reflective vest and directed traffic himself too....... :jerkit:

Local gov't dropped the ball point blank. This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit.

Whos gonan drive the buses? Half of the city left, they had buses / flights to leave N.O. I know this b/c my cousins left by plane and car form NO. But that fri most ppl sstarted leaving, and the city soemwhat shut down, and than the great escape began. About half of the ppl who stayed said the same thing... "They told us to go to the superdome and convention center and we will be safe" Well thousand s and thousands of ppl went, and what happen? No help,, ppl starving to death by the hudreds in the USA on TV? Cmon that shit doesnt happen in the US as cocky as it sounds, but its true.

You said it yourself:

"This wasn't a terrorist attack the White house should've known about. It was a freaking Cat 5 Hurricane that had been being watched for more than a week from the time it formed thousands of miles away to the time it hit."

Everything shoudl have been ready Cat 5 hurricanes are extrme natural disasters. And Natural Disasters are handled by FEMA, which is ran by the government. The governor was pissed, b/c they kept telling him help is coming but it nve came? Think about it we were watching on TV, ppl dieng starving begging for help for 3 days. Yes they were rescuing ppl from roofs, and etc. Monday they said "troops are coming" when did the troops come thursday. If you are in control of a country, and you see on TV, that thisiis happening you should be outraged. I dont know why u say they shouldnt take the blame, i mean when bush's own cabinet has a meeting with themselves to discuss what went wrong and how bad they handled the situation, there is a problem. Why must you all insist on acting like everyone could leave. all of a sudden your asked to get up and just go, go where? youve got nothin to began with, and barely paying rent as si, and now you have to just leave? Form my family members own mouth, they were told several places to ride out the storm, Superdome - COnvention Center - Hurricane Evac Center across the river and other random safe points, and help would be there after the storm......well luckily they didnt they had the funds to get out of there and get to houston with my aunt and other family. But look what happen to the ppl who did go and wait for help.

Do you honestly think the ppl begging and pleading for help , that thought lets not leave lets stay and loot..?

im still waiting to hear what has improved or not gotten worse in the US in the last 6 years? I ask that question as a open minded unbiased person

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    Bush Says He Takes Responsibility For Katrina Errors President Bush says Hurricane Katrina exposed "serious problems in the response capability at all levels of government."

MORE DETAILS: http://treets.wsbtv.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=59672425&t=1

lol he takes responsibility
    now no more arguing

You are extrmemly ignorant...

SO WHAT! Any leader with a hint of character will claim responsibility for screw ups by those they manage! Those without character, like Bill and Hillary Clinton, blame their screw ups on subordinates!

Here are a FEW facts:

1. FEMA has never been a "first responder" in times of disaster or emergency. First responders have always been local or state agencies such as fire, rescue and police departments. FEMA is a bunch of MANAGERS whose job is to hand out money and coordinate other agencies. Jimmy Carter created FEMA via a Presidential Executive Order. I could easily argue that its authority is TOTALLY unconstitutional because it by passes congressional oversight! Every president since and including Carter has used FEMA to dole out tax money for the purpose of buying votes! Simply put, FEMA is a federal vote buying cash cow!

2. Louisiana and New Orleans have to be the most politically corrupt regions of our country! Of course its a democrap stronghold. Their thievery and ineptitude is legendary! For years they redirected or stole Billions of federal tax dollars meant to maintain and repair New Orleans Levees and provide for emergencies! Democraps claim Bush cut funding but that's a flat out lie!

3. A governor must formally request aid from federal agencies such as FEMA. To my knowledge, Louisiana's governor Blanco has never made a formal request other than to bitch, complain and cry on national TV! I understand Blanco refused initial help from numerous states, federal agencies and private interest. She wouldn't allow the Red Cross to enter New Orleans. She turned down a request from Amtrak to help evacuate people from New Orleans. She turned down initial offers of help from states such as Florida and Texas. When Bush initially offered help she said "I'll get back with you .." Did you know that Bush had to personally beg governor Blanco and mayor Nagin to give the evacuation order!

4. Mayor Nagin ignored his own evacuation plans! Once the evacuation order was given, their plan called for the use of every available means of transportation to evacuate citizens without personal transportation! That means school busses too! Other than announce the evacuation, he did nothing! Eventually the busses where made useless by the flood waters! I believe New Orleans had an evacuation drill less than a year ago so he can't claim he didn't know about the plan! Fortunately, a few people had the foresight to take matters in their own hands.
    See http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...story2/3334317

5. Democraps are without character and their isn't a single credible leader among them! What single act of leadership by Blanco or Nagin can compare to former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani after the Trade Towers fell on 9/11! I watched Blanco and Nagin bitch, wine, curse and debase our President on national TV. There has been a virtual parade of democraps on TV that have used this opportunity to demean Bush and berate the American people! These people are vile loathsome disgusting pathetic parasites! Many are simply useful idiots (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/t...20030520.shtml) but others are the Fifth Column (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9034225)!

If the flooding of New Orleans hasn't already become the most costly U.S. natural disaster, it will be soon! For those who claim we're not doing enough to help them, they're either an idiot, a fool or a democrap! See http://www.detnews.com/2005/nation/0...A01-303419.htm

In front of my house is a pot hole in the street, I guess I should blame Bush using the logic of democraps!
    LaurenK a.k.a. Mrs. Nixon

This is what a LEADER does!
    A leader doesn't shy away from responsibility!
    A leader doesn't point fingers and blame others in times of crisis - even if it isn't their own fault.
    A leader doesn't bitch, moan, cry, curse and pitch a hissy fit in the middle of a crisis.
    A leader will not use a national disaster to his or her political benefit- at least not in the middle of the disaster.
    A leader takes charge of the situation and presents themselves as a model of good behavior!
    Can you identify one single democrap that acted like a LEADER? NO YOU CAN"T!
    LaurenK a.k.a. Mrs. Nixon

WOW

so now after he admits fault and steps up to the plate. You all say thats what he is supposed to do. BUt last week it wasnt his responsibility to do so...at all

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.. im starting to see the mental connection with bush supporters and bush himself...maybe there really are just clueless?

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenK
    A leader doesn't point fingers and blame others in times of crisis - even if it isn't their own fault.
    A leader doesn't bitch, moan, cry, curse and pitch a hissy fit in the middle of a crisis.
    A leader will not use a national disaster to his or her political benefit- at least not in the middle of the disaster.
    A leader takes charge of the situation and presents themselves as a model of good behavior!
    bahhh lauren go back to the girls forum

weren't you the one post up it wasn't Bush's fault now your in here defending him for taking blame... make up your mind.

ok lets play w/ your shit you've posted now:

"Leader doesn't shy away" WHERE WAS BUSH THE FIRST 3 DAYS? VACATION???

"Political benefit" REALLY.... HMM WOULDN'T THAT BE HIM TAKING BLAME SO HE WILL LOOK A LITTLE BETTER ON CAMERA, AND IF YOU WANT ME TO POST SOME PHOTOS FROM WHEN HE FIRST WENT DOWN THERE, I WILL... HE HAD TONS OF TIME TO STOP AND COMFORT PEOPLE IN NEED INFRONT OF THE CAMERA.

"Takes charge" hmm... day 4 he shows up

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenK
    i think the "democraps" just sit back and wait for the republicats to fuck up and try to smooth things over. Thats when the democraps come up with all the facts and bring them to the table...and than let the republicats dig there own grave filled with BullShit., cuz u know its good for the grass...lol

Certified Gearhead

There is a difference between admitting singular fault and accepting responsibility for what's going on.

Some of you seem to not be grasping this very easy, fundamental exercise in English.
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast