Thread: Spare Tire Box...

Default Spare Tire Box...

Anyone have any idea (ballpark figure) how much a spare tire box would cost for a 97 Civic Hatch I am wanting to take my 2 12s remove the spare tire and have them flush mounted with the floor and possible the amp too. Anyone know of a ballpark figure of how much this would cost? Also how long would it take to do such a project?

Certified Gearhead

I did my wifes hatch took about an hour the 1st day(due to fiberglass setup) I let it harden up and air out a little bit. then the 2nd day I made the face plate and carpeted the plate, late on I decided to glass it and paint it but all in all Id say somewhere in the ballpark of 20 bux for a sheet of MDF, and 15-30 bux for the glass depending if you are going to glass the tire well.

IA Member

400 at a shop...

On a scale of 1-10 if you have never done glass work before how hard would it be for me to attempt the wheel well glass?

Certified Gearhead

4 MAYBE a 5 really simple though. and hes correct around 400(low) to 600 (high) at a stereo shop.
    I may do one for you for around 150 if interested

I may try to give it a go myself if I run into problems or for some reason can do I will give you a shout tluv.

Certified Gearhead

aiight just let me know.
    Todd

it depends also on how you want to do it, if your going to frame out a square in the well, or glass it flush to the well. Making a box would be easier, take your time and make sure you get the resin all in the fleece