Thread: ls ys1 tranny

Chickens Eat Eggs

Default ls ys1 tranny

i jus bought a ls ys1 cable tranny and i have the b18a1...i'm not sure if they made special ed da's for all 3 year// is there any way to tell what year it is?cuz i dunno what clutch set up i should use. thanks dont be an ass about it either thanks

if you have the the clutch kit for the year da(90-91) in your sig, then you are going to need a clutch kit for 92-93 da's.
    ATL DA SQUAD MEMBER #1

HONDA_PARTS_CLEANUP_CLICK_ME

all b series clutch kits are the same. but the flywheels mAy differ

ATL DAsquad Member #9

Master of the G2 Integra cardesignz's Avatar

A1, S1, Y1, and J1 transmissions must use a 90-91 clutch disk (smaller size input shaft)

92-93 YS1 transmissions and all 94-01 (hydro) transmissions use a 92-01 clutch disk (larger size input shaft)

pressure plates, flywheels, and pilot bearing (the one in the center of the flywheel) are all interchangeable

90-93 cable transmissions all use the same throw out bearing. 94-01 hydro use a different throw out bearing.

---

So, if the transmission is an actual YS1, you need to make sure you have a 92+ clutch disk or it won't fit.

exactly what he said. it's all 100% right/perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by cardesignz
    A1, S1, Y1, and J1 transmissions must use a 90-91 clutch disk (smaller size input shaft)

92-93 YS1 transmissions and all 94-01 (hydro) transmissions use a 92-01 clutch disk (larger size input shaft)

pressure plates, flywheels, and pilot bearing (the one in the center of the flywheel) are all interchangeable

90-93 cable transmissions all use the same throw out bearing. 94-01 hydro use a different throw out bearing.

---

So, if the transmission is an actual YS1, you need to make sure you have a 92+ clutch disk or it won't fit.

Chickens Eat Eggs

I NEED A 92+ Clutch disk pm me asap!

Chickens Eat Eggs

whooo hoooo! Got 1