Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ran 2 '04 Cobras Saturday NIght

Default Ran 2 '04 Cobras Saturday NIght

since i just got my Na-T conversion i wanted to test it out on the street... so my friend called up a guy with an 04 cobra... i didnt even know what year it was he just said "yeah this guy has a cobra and i think he wants to run you" i was thinking it was like an 02 or earier cobra so i was all for it!!! turns out he has a modded 04 with the supercharger.... i KNEW it wasnt going to be pretty since i cant even go WOT ( i have to feather the throttle in 4th and 5th to prevent overboosting on my stock head gasket) so we ran he pulled me by like a bus from a 45mph roll... turns out the first cobra was 516whp.... LOL

second cobra - Stock s/c system... mods are CAI and cat back exhaust.

we ran from 40mph - he pulled out about a car to a car and 1/2 then we shut it down...

60mph roll - i decided to brake boost we took off... dead even... somewhere in there he pulled like a bumper to a door on me... around 140-150 i started pulling back about even with him... all of this was at about 3/4 throttle and featherd.... we shut it down almost dead even at 160. i have a video but need to get it put on my computer.

my feeling is that if i could have just given it 100% throttle i would have pulled him high speed, but ill have to wait until i get my WG working properly.

VIDEOS COMMING SOON!!!

what other supporting mods do you have??? the stock HG on the 2jz will hold TONNNNS of boost the AAP car is running a stock HG....

im currently building a JZ engine for my supra

what area u in??
    chris
    If You Aint Blowin You Aint Goin!!!

"So, Lone Star. Now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."

You should come to Commerce sometime on a Friday night... I'd love to see your Supra run on the track... I'd also love to stage against your Supra, sounds quick and fun.
    www.toyotaofroswell.com
    Current: '04 S2000
    Past 700whp+ Cars: '03 Z06 | '94 Supra | '03 Evo VIII | Too Many...

full list of mods includes stock head gasket, turbosmart ultra 35wg, modified evo intercooler, exhaust comes out of a 3in downpipe ;OP , apexi safc ii tuned at BG... well sorta-tuned... turbonetics 0-10psi boost controller, nology spark plug wires, garrett t04e turbo and .63 housing (it spools at about 2300) and has full boost i presume at 3800. its going to be really streetable once im finished... thats my goal!!! i knew that i wasnt going to make over 600whp in an NA supra so i decided to try and get it as streetable and quick as possible and keep it under 550whp or so. i think thats all i really need to be running around atlanta with anyway.

the STOCK head gasket on a 2jzGE motor will only hold up to 8psi safely. now the 2jzGTE head gasket will hold 18 psi alone or 20 or so... and i think the stock 2jzGTE head gasket with head studs will hold up to like 30 or so. dont quote me on that but i think those are the numbers.

buckhead area....

hey mogallo, did you come into atlanta toyota last week?

Hey Mogallo, if you don't remember I met you and Batlground when Dan was working on your car. Glad to see you running and can't wait for the finish product on your car.

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by stygiosracing
    hey mogallo, did you come into atlanta toyota last week?

YES that was me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    Hey Mogallo, if you don't remember I met you and Batlground when Dan was working on your car. Glad to see you running and can't wait for the finish product on your car.

yeah Jason, i still have your number so we will definately have to get together sometime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mogallo
    YES that was me.....
    i work at ATL toy also... i popped your hood and was very surprised to see a 2jzge single turbo setup

full list of mods includes stock head gasket, turbosmart ultra 35wg, modified evo intercooler, exhaust comes out of a 3in downpipe ;OP , apexi safc ii tuned at BG... well sorta-tuned... turbonetics 0-10psi boost controller, nology spark plug wires, garrett t04e turbo and .63 housing (it spools at about 2300) and has full boost i presume at 3800. its going to be really streetable once im finished... thats my goal!!! i knew that i wasnt going to make over 600whp in an NA supra so i decided to try and get it as streetable and quick as possible and keep it under 550whp or so. i think thats all i really need to be running around atlanta with anyway.

the STOCK head gasket on a 2jzGE motor will only hold up to 8psi safely. now the 2jzGTE head gasket will hold 18 psi alone or 20 or so... and i think the stock 2jzGTE head gasket with head studs will hold up to like 30 or so. dont quote me on that but i think those are the numbers.

A friend at work has a 99 gt with a few mods and a blower.That said he would love to run you..
    But i have a hard time believing a n/a supra with a add on turbo @ 6 psi.Is gonna pull a moddied cobra ..I have to call BS on that one.

i did not pull him.... he pulled me by 1 to 1 and 1/2 cars from 40mph roll... and then from 70mph roll we were dead even all the way up to 160... my boost also creeps above 6 ... 7..... 8..... 9..... to 10 sometimes.... but i was trying to keep it under 8... that is why i cannot go WOT....

.... the videos are comming soon enough... ;OP
    Last edited by mogallo; 03-23-2005 at 05:09 PM.

Yes its stock

i did not pull him.... he pulled me by 1 to 1 and 1/2 cars from 40mph roll... and then from 70mph roll we were dead even all the way up to 160... my boost also creeps above 6 ... 7..... 8..... 9..... to 10 sometimes.... but i was trying to keep it under 8... that is why i cannot go WOT....

.... the videos are comming soon enough... ;OP
    Sorry dude .I dont believe it.PERIOD..Ive worked on many high powered supras and cobras.Yours has no chance in sticking with a moddied cobra unless he was just playing.Esp with only 8 ~9 psi.
    Much less catch back up to him LOL..

When you get it up to 600rwhp we can hook up.
    Last edited by white99gt; 03-24-2005 at 09:58 PM.
    Just Your average 600hp mustang

My mods
    "Research is the difference between speculation and investment."

Quote Originally Posted by white99gt
    Sorry dude .I dont believe it.PERIOD..Ive worked on many high powered supras and cobras.Yours has no chance in sticking with a moddied cobra unless he was just playing.Esp with only 8 ~9 psi.
    Much less catch back up to him LOL..

When you get it up to 600rwhp we can hook up.

i have the videos in my car, its just a matter of getting them onto the computer and hosted. i met with both cobra owners before and after the runs. they were really cool guys and were both WOT during the runs. the one thing you have to remember with a mustang is weight, gearing, and aerodynamics on the freeway.... well YOU dont with 600+ whp :OP like i said i have videos to prove, and its not really that big of a deal anyway.

thats an awesome car you have. i cant mess with ya at the moment (ive seen what the 516wheel guy did to me) but there are a few supra owners i know of that would love to give it a try!!! we should all meet up one day and go for a cruise or something!!!!
    Last edited by mogallo; 03-25-2005 at 09:22 AM.

i thought that they were just going to walk away from me like i was nothing, the first one did. but i forgot to mention that i was running open downpipe, nothing else. so whatever whp that adds and the boost was creeping. so my whp at the time of the run is unknown. 8psi on 2jz manual is about 325+whatever the exhaust added and i know its VERY possible for a lower whp supra to beat a stang on freeway runs due to the factors listed above. im not saying im faster, i just posted the thread cuz i was suprised as hell, as were the cobra owners....

Yes its stock

i have the videos in my car, its just a matter of getting them onto the computer and hosted. i met with both cobra owners before and after the runs. they were really cool guys and were both WOT during the runs. the one thing you have to remember with a mustang is weight, gearing, and aerodynamics on the freeway.... well YOU dont with 600+ whp :OP like i said i have videos to prove, and its not really that big of a deal anyway.

thats an awesome car you have. i cant mess with ya at the moment (ive seen what the 516wheel guy did to me) but there are a few supra owners i know of that would love to give it a try!!! we should all meet up one day and go for a cruise or something!!!!
    Well i know 90% of the supras around.So that isnt a problem.Mine is under going a new power adder setup (the low torque bothers me).
    But a stang and a supra weight about the same so that isnt a issue.I dont mind adding race fuel to mine.600+ was on pump gas.LOL imagine what race fuel does

My mods

2002 SRP Scoob WRX jonnyboy0150's Avatar

dude your stang is fucking sick, ive ridden in an 03 cobra with the stock blower and some other goodies running 14 psi and it had like 470 to the ground. that thing pulled so hard, i cant even imagine how hard yours would pull!! SICK!
    95 Turbo Integra For Sale
    05 Ram 2500 Cummins

Yes its stock

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy0150
    dude your stang is fucking sick, ive ridden in an 03 cobra with the stock blower and some other goodies running 14 psi and it had like 470 to the ground. that thing pulled so hard, i cant even imagine how hard yours would pull!! SICK!
    LOL its not sick yet..New combo will be ready in about a month..
    I like it ,it looks stock.besides the 315's in the rear and the tag(reads UR2SLW )But i have found no one pays attention to a little old gt till its over..

My mods

Well i know 90% of the supras around.So that isnt a problem.Mine is under going a new power adder setup (the low torque bothers me).
    But a stang and a supra weight about the same so that isnt a issue.I dont mind adding race fuel to mine.600+ was on pump gas.LOL imagine what race fuel does

actually i think my car NA-T weighs about 3250. we're lighter than the TT's. i think im taking my car to the dump to see EXACTLY how much it weighs. do you know dmitry, clark, or charles?? you might know the first two but i dont know about the third...

600 on pump is DAMN good!!!

IA Member

My Supra weighs 3250 w/ 1/4 tank. mogallo glad to see your car is running good w/ the new kit. Get that headgasket on already and that creep problem fixed. I want a ride in it.

Later,

Clark

Yes its stock

actually i think my car NA-T weighs about 3250. we're lighter than the TT's. i think im taking my car to the dump to see EXACTLY how much it weighs. do you know dmitry, clark, or charles?? you might know the first two but i dont know about the third...

600 on pump is DAMN good!!!

I know charles,chris kinard,thomas,vince,larry and a few others out there.I havent been around the supra guys much in the last year or so..

Matter of fact my very first dyno (car was stock) was at a supra dyno meet

My mods

IA.com BS DETECTOR

white99gt,what are you doing on your new setup? Kenne belle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    which dan?hehe,j/k
    Mogallo, this is/was the "other Dan" glad to see your car doing good, wish i had been there for the tuning
    good luck with the car, watch out for those dam nuts
    Last edited by dazn; 03-29-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazn
    which dan?hehe,j/k
    Mogallo, this is/was the "other Dan" glad to see your car doing good, wish i had been there for the tuning
    good luck with the car, watch out for those dam nuts

heh hey man whats up... the boost creep has been fixed... and now my car is UNTUNED and only boosts to 5psi. i have to wait for dan to get me another gasket for my downpipe... hopefully ill be able to use my boost controller now and set it at about 7 or 8, then ill be able to go WOT!!!!! w000t!!!

the videos of these runs that i speak of will be up in a few more days probably....!!!!!!

I was the guy that Mogallo raced in the 2nd cobra. While everything that he posted was true, I think that there was alittle bit more space between our cars. I can't wait for you to get everything right with your car so that we can do it again! I just hope that it will be before I get pullied. My car will be a whole different animal then.

Oh yeah, hurry up and post those vids.

okay here is an update... the video should be finished within the next few days.... my friend is compiling like a whole big video taken from numerous nights of driving, but he is going to put the Cobra races seperate. But thats why its taking so long...

as for getting together to do it again.... we will do it hopefully in about two weeks. My car is at the shop getting a few things done to it <wink> i would suggest getting your pullies done ASAP to make it more interesting...

I also plan on doing more runs with Mark in his 516whp.... i should be able to take him...

Im really interested in that z06 that came out with us that one night... i dont think he's telling us EVERYTHING about his car.. lol

ill keep yall updated!!!! and its good to see ya on the IA forums Eric!!!!

okay here is an update... the video should be finished within the next few days.... my friend is compiling like a whole big video taken from numerous nights of driving, but he is going to put the Cobra races seperate. But thats why its taking so long...

as for getting together to do it again.... we will do it hopefully in about two weeks. My car is at the shop getting a few things done to it <wink> i would suggest getting your pullies done ASAP to make it more interesting...

I also plan on doing more runs with Mark in his 516whp.... i should be able to take him...

Im really interested in that z06 that came out with us that one night... i dont think he's telling us EVERYTHING about his car.. lol

ill keep yall updated!!!! and its good to see ya on the IA forums Eric!!!!

how do you expect to take a 516whp car?

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by green91

sounds like the setup is changing a bit to me

PTE61 Turbo
    Toyomoto or Cometic 3mm HG (whichever comes in first)
    AeroMotive FPR
    Custom Fuel Rail
    580cc injectors
    New 3in Downpipe
    Tial 38mm Wastegate
    Profec B II Boost Controller
    HKS Twin Power Ignition
    Horsepowerfreaks Goliath 4in Full Exhaust system
    Custom Testpipe
    Gauges that add +15whp each (courtesy of RICE U)
    A-pillar dual gauge pod + 6whp (see above parenthesis)
    AEM Engine Management

That's how
    Last edited by mogallo; 04-26-2005 at 10:45 PM.

on stock 2jzge internals?

Yes its stock

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR
    white99gt,what are you doing on your new setup? Kenne belle?
    Yep ,new motor setup with a KB 2.2 but its only pullied for 20 psi

My mods

on stock 2jzge internals?

Yes on stock internals.... they can handle a lot more than i'm going to be throwing at them....

if something ever happens to the motor, i will probably just go ahead and do a GTE swap and Getrag tranny....

Just FYI... the weakest part of a 93-98 NA supra is its w-58 tranny....

I finally found out the set up on that zo6. He has intake and exhaust work, but he is also running a decent sized shot of n2o. He and Marc ran several times the other week, and it was too close to call. When the zo6 would not spray, Marc would walk him by 3 or so cars. When the zo6 sprayed, he was able to keep up and sometimes pass Marc. It all came down to who took off first.
    He ran me once, and instantly put 2 cars on me. He purged his n2o, I honked us off, and he was gone. He claimed that he didn't spray on me, but he pulled too hard on me not to. He is a real cool guy, and I know that we will all meet up again.

ahhhhh yeah i KNEW he had it, he gave it away when he let me look at the inside of his car... i saw the gauges. People with z06's dont just put a nitrous gauge in their car if they dont intend to USE it.... lol.

Well it should be real interesting...... cant wait!!!!

100% Asshole FTW!!! JustinSane110™'s Avatar

Whats up guys. Man that GT is gonna be absolutely sick after the Kenne Bell, how much power you think its gonna put out after all of that work gets done? I can't wait til I get down there, I'm up for a Supra cruise because I got my eye on one here with a single turbo upgrade and 515rwhp on 15psi (I saw the dyno sheet myself). Not much else done to it, which explains the low boost but that thing still hauls serious ass. But it will be visiting Dan to get the fuel system, new intercooler, and the AEM EMS and probably a complete engine tune. Should be a really fun car after that, haha.

Yes its stock

Yes on stock internals.... they can handle a lot more than i'm going to be throwing at them....
    Not a in a n/a motor.They wont live long.Toyta didint beef the n/a bottomend up like the tt ones.I know ive work with toyota for 15 years.And have seen and built some sick supras..

Man that GT is gonna be absolutely sick after the Kenne Bell, how much power you think its gonna put out after all of that work gets done?
    Roughly 600rwhp and 570rwtq (that torque curve will be from 2k to 6500)on pump gas @ 15 psi..Then after that we are gonna tune it for race fuel

My mods

Not a in a n/a motor.They wont live long.Toyta didint beef the n/a bottomend up like the tt ones.I know ive work with toyota for 15 years.And have seen and built some sick supras..

True, the GTE has a better bottom end... i think the most boost ive seen put on the GE stock bottom end is ~23-25psi but i dont think that im going to be subjecting my motor to those amouts of boost that much, if i even do it at all.... i think the 3mm HG helps to run more boost on the GE, but not THAT much...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast