Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay the debates...?

IA KING

Default Delay the debates...?

WTF this is kinda ridiculous... economic issues or not I am waiting on debates

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907

Patience Pays...

McSame has called a timeout. Lets see how the IA conservatives justify this, wtf can he do for the economy? All he has is a senate vote and maybe a proposal.. sounds like someone wasn't prepared for friday.

I swear this is no different than if I wasnt prepared for a test in school and I beg the teacher for an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    McSame has called a timeout. Lets see how the IA conservatives justify this, wtf can he do for the economy? All he has is a senate vote and maybe a proposal.. sounds like someone wasn't prepared for friday.

I swear this is no different than if I wasnt prepared for a test in school and I beg the teacher for an extension.
    He is still a senator. This could be a move by the campaign to show the he is a man of action and not just talk. Ever think of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanŽ
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

man mccain is just not prepared plain and simple, theres no justification. they say mccain is saying to post pone the debate due to the us financial crisis, thats bull.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    He is still a senator. This could be a move by the campaign to show the he is a man of action and not just talk. Ever think of that?
    do you honestly believe that and how would that make him a man of action? i mean honestly you knew about the date a year ago; moving it will not help our economy. i think there is more pointing to political tricks then action.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Can he not do that at the debates though? Would he really cheat the voters out of seeing him debate to be seen as a "man of action"? Thats pretty low.

I really hope they can do something for the economy, but I don't think the situation is so critical they need to cancel the debates.

U kno GT doesnt, IDk why u even asked. He'll fight for McCain till the end of time, no matter what the proof cause or justification. At least Mr. Kidd thinks...

wait till my thread gets bashed...

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style
    man mccain is just not prepared plain and simple, theres no justification. they say mccain is saying to post pone the debate due to the us financial crisis, thats bull.
    Are you people serious? The guy is collecting a check as a U.S. Senator and you want to him to neglect his job at a pivotol time so you can watch the two of them argue and take cheap shots at each other?

McCain wants to create a "political free zone" until a deal is reached on legislation for a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry.

"It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the administration's proposal," McCain said. "I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time."

"If we do not act, every corner of our country will be impacted," McCain said. "We cannot allow this to happen."

McCain also canceled his planned appearance Wednesday on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" program.
    The Obama campaign said the Illinois senator had called McCain around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday to propose that they issue a joint statement in support of a package to help fix the economy as soon as possible. McCain called back six hours later and agreed to the idea of the statement, the Obama campaign said. McCain's statement about postponing his campaign was issued to the media a few minutes later.
    Seems to me like McCain just took it one step further than Obama was willing too

McCain's statement was an effort to show leadership on an issue that has spread economic fears across the country and overshadowed the presidential campaign just six weeks from Election Day.

McCain said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington that would include him and Obama.

The economy has not been McCain's strongest suit, and his move was an attempt to turn it into an opportunity to show he's the candidate of bipartisanship and action. Recent polls showed Obama with an advantage with voters in handling the economy.
    Jesus christ people pull you're heads out of you're ass.
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought

Patience Pays...

A man of action would allow the public to view both candidates AS SCHEDULED, we've waited 5 months for this **** and 72 hours ahead he wants to postpone it? Its a lame ass excuse, he is not going to make a difference in the state of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    do you honestly believe that and how would that make him a man of action? i mean honestly you knew about the date a year ago; moving it will not help our economy. i think there is more pointing to political tricks then action.
    Ok so **** it have the debate. Cause a debate will really have so much effect on what is happening NOW rather than doing what they were elected and paid to do by joining congress to figure out a plan?

Paul do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. While I do believe that this could quite possibly just be more political BS. At least he will be doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Can he not do that at the debates though? Would he really cheat the voters out of seeing him debate to be seen as a "man of action"? Thats pretty low.

I really hope they can do something for the economy, but I don't think the situation is so critical they need to cancel the debates.
    No he can't. Having a debate on National Television is not the same as being in Washington with Congress banging out a plan for our ecconomy.

Actions speak louder than words.

No he can't. Having a debate on National Television is not the same as being in Washington with Congress banging out a plan for our ecconomy..
    The debate was already arranged a year in advance. He's backing down from a callout that he accepted. If this were a street race in the killsforum you guys would be trying to have him banned.

Is his presence so important that he has to be there? He's not known for his economic leadership within his own party, even he has said that. So it seems to me like he is just out for glory here.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    The debate was already arranged a year in advance. He's backing down from a callout that he accepted. If this were a street race in the killsforum you guys would be trying to have him banned.
    Street Racing=Ecconomic Crisis? I think not. The debate was aranged a year ago yes but did we know a year ago that last week our ecconomy would be hanging in the balence with a major decision from congress THIS WEEK?

I mean unless your Miss Cleo or something the answer is no.

Patience Pays...

Only the blinded cannot see that this is a slap in the face to the American people. We are getting ready to elect a president and McCain being on that stage friday night is very intricate in the steps toward a resolution. We need to know where McCain stands in contrast to Obama, to not show up would be absolutely stupid on McCain's part and his campaign will suffer greatly for it.

IA KING

Ok so **** it have the debate. Cause a debate will really have so much effect on what is happening NOW rather than doing what they were elected and paid to do by joining congress to figure out a plan?

Paul do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. While I do believe that this could quite possibly just be more political BS. At least he will be doing something.
    do you think these guys have been working on their voting records while they have been campaigning? why would it matter now? their economic plans would be way more higher up on the agenda then knowing they both will vote YES to can economic bailout

politics as usual

It just seems to me like he's backing down from a challenge. Lots of stuff going on... companies tanking, gas shortage in the Southeast (his power base), etc. Maybe he is trying to buy a little time and build up his approval rating a bit.

I think he's counting on a break to let some of the tension dissolve before the debates. I think he just found out that the fundamentals are not sound.

post pone ftw! i was thinking that this might be able to help him, but i started to think. dont we have phones to communicate and video now a days? come on.
    cars
    integra 90 ls
    integra 92 gsr b20v turbo
    integra 00 ls
    infiniti i35 02

IA KING

“This is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsible for dealing with this mess,” Obama told reporters in Clearwater, Fla.
    OBAMA REJECTED MCCAINS DELAY

Didn't Obama deny debating McCain multiple times?

"Even as McCain said he was putting the good of the country ahead of politics, his surprise announcement was clearly political. It was an attempt to try to outmaneuver Obama on an issue in which he's trailing, the economy, as the Democrat gains in polls."

Straight from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/ap_on_el_pr/mccain
    that being the same as the above statements which the AP (that being the media) can even point out.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_xj
    Didn't Obama deny debating McCain multiple times?
    He's been rejecting him since before the Democratic Primaries were over. It's hypocritical of Obama to deny it but eh what do you expect.

While we wait, we should also have only the two heads, from the two biggest parties define the rules on who does and doesn't get to debate. Then of course we can exclude "weird" third parties guys that might actually know something, and win the debate, and just keep the puppets talking.

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize
    "Even as McCain said he was putting the good of the country ahead of politics, his surprise announcement was clearly political. It was an attempt to try to outmaneuver Obama on an issue in which he's trailing, the economy, as the Democrat gains in polls."

that being the same as the above statements which the AP (that being the media) can even point out.
    I honestly hate the media and the AP i just as bad as CNN when it comes to it's support for Obama and not letting it bias their opinion.

so mccain draws back. what is he going to do to help?
    cars
    integra 90 ls
    integra 92 gsr b20v turbo
    integra 00 ls
    infiniti i35 02

Quote Originally Posted by tony

to be honest, and prepare for a shocker....

I see both sides.

I think it was great of Obama to say he was going to try an get past the partisan stuff to get this passed, but actions speak louder than words.

I applaud Mccain for suspending his campaign because there is BIGGER issues at hand.

I also agree with Obama, that regardless what happens someone in 41 days is going to have to deal with this no matter what debate or not.

Im on the fence, but im leaning towards the debates should be not be postponed.

i think it would do alot of good for Obama and Mccain to go to Washington and jumpstart both their parties into stop bullsh!tting and get something done. Obama said some great things about not trying to get too much done with this and just get something done that will work. Address smaller issues after our main financial system is ok.

I do think they should both go to Washington, i do think the debates should go forward.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Why cant they just go to washington Monday...lol

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize

Yahoo is as liberal as CNN and NBC sorry.

Obama has ducked Mccain for awhile on debating as well. So it could go either way.

I do agree with Tony that if Mccain is not there, on Fri, it will be a devastating blow to his campaign
    -www.usedbarcode.net

MOST HATED

Someone has staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage fright.

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    Why cant they just go to washington Monday...lol
    if you watch the proceedings, we cant wait a week.

Every day that passes another financial company is close to going under. Paulson said we have DAYS, not weeks
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD

I do think they should both go to Washington, i do think the debates should go forward.
    But which one is actually going to Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    if you watch the proceedings, we cant wait a week.

Every day that passes another financial company is close to going under. Paulson said we have DAYS, not weeks
    i just heard about it when i got off work......Its a situation.. But they act like its a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    i just heard about it when i got off work......Its a situation.. But they act like its a surprise.
    well im not an economist but when the FED is saying we have days, its cause to be scared.

What is going to happen if nothing is done is a massive credit freeze. No one will be able to buy a car, a house, get a loan to expand their business, etc.

It hasnt really affected the middle class but its about to
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA KING

He's been rejecting him since before the Democratic Primaries were over. It's hypocritical of Obama to deny it but eh what do you expect.
    really what national televised 1 year in advanced debates has Obama not shown up for?

really what national televised 1 year in advanced debates has Obama not shown up for?
    Paul changed the subject

P&G can save wallstreet
    Cincinnati BISH

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

IA KING

Paul changed the subject
    no i didn't i asking you to clarify... besides its a dead subject now... obama rejects...

a) mccain doesn't show and looks bad

b) mccain shows and has to debate

c) we all die from aids

end of story.

no i didn't i asking you to clarify... besides its a dead subject now... obama rejects...

c) we all die from aids

end of story.
    true story
    -www.usedbarcode.net

c) we all die from aids

end of story.
    McCain has repeatedly asked him to debate before this official Presidential debate and Obama has flat out ignored him. I love this mentality of Democrats can do no wrong. It's ok for Obama to ignore call out after call out but it's not ok for McCain to go do his job

Patience Pays...

the ****? They werent even nominated until late August, how can you duck someone when you arent even the nominee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast