Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In The Week Of The Worst Day On Wallstreet, What Does Obama Do?

Default In The Week Of The Worst Day On Wallstreet, What Does Obama Do?

He says how bad things are and how he wants to change it, But what does he do on the week of the worst day on Wallstreet? Has a $29,000 per plate dinner tonight for his campaign in Beverly Hills......
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Not to mention that the Democratic controlled congress has passed the fewest bills in 20 years. So much for Democrats bringing change. They decided to go on vacation instead of passing legislation to deal with the energy crisis.

Do you look at how much McCain's wife's outfits cost? Over 300 thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by flak_monkey
    Do you look at how much McCain's wife's outfits cost? Over 300 thousand dollars.
    Typical Democrat Bull sh*t . LOL instead of going yea umm that is kinda weird you come back with some stupid **** on how much McCain's wife wardrobe is worth. What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I think the Dems are really playing on something from Swordfish here misdirection. "What the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanŽ
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Quote Originally Posted by flak_monkey
    WTF does that have to do with the election? It is her money and she can spend it on whatever she wants.

I bet Michelle Obama's outfits aren't from wal-mart either with the kind of money that they have.

Quote Originally Posted by JConner
    WTF does that have to do with the election? It is her money and she can spend it on whatever she wants.

I bet Michelle Obama's outfits aren't from wal-mart either with the kind of money that they have.
    Don't bother dude.

I will never understand this line of thinking of if you make $1,000,000 a year then it's ok that the government takes 35% because you still have $650,000 and that you really don't need all that money anyways.
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought

Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    Don't bother dude.

I will never understand this line of thinking of if you make $1,000,000 a year then it's ok that the government takes 35% because you still have $650,000 and that you really don't need all that money anyways.
    Yep, it's because "they can afford it" according to Obama. The person making $1,000,000 a year clearly worked harder than someone making minimum wage. So the person making $1,000,000 a year gets punished for hard work while the minimum wage worker gets rewarded with government assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by JConner
    Yep, it's because "they can afford it" according to Obama. The person making $1,000,000 a year clearly worked harder than someone making minimum wage. So the person making $1,000,000 a year gets punished for hard work while the minimum wage worker gets rewarded with government assistance.
    What you said is not necessarily true. I believe the majority of people in this country work hard no matter how much money they make the way I look at it is that some people simply made better decisions or got an opportunity and ran with it.

What you said is not necessarily true. I believe the majority of people in this country work hard no matter how much money they make the way I look at it is that some people simply made better decisions or got an opportunity and ran with it.
    true, but why should someone who "made better decisions" get taxed more? It's like reverse punishment.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

In all fairness what did McCain do though

Well here's what he said earlier today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...8uc&refer=home

GE8 RS

honestly, who gives a rat's @ss about they're taxes or what the fu*k they're wives wear?! im lookin at who's gonna look out for the middle class. i aint rich and my guess is most of the peeps on IA aint rich either. they need to focus on makin the economy better and not focus on what the fu*k they ate!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspec5
    im lookin at who's gonna look out for the middle class. i aint rich and my guess is most of the peeps on IA aint rich either. they need to focus on makin the economy better and not focus on what the fu*k they ate!
    Contradictary post alert

people that make money work smarter, not just harder. Most people that make good money also started working earlier, as in working on their school work, getting good grades, going to college and getting a good job. The one making minimum wage probably spent most of his time in school worrying about being cool instead of his grades.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    people that make money work smarter, not just harder. Most people that make good money also started working earlier, as in working on their school work, getting good grades, going to college and getting a good job. The one making minimum wage probably spent most of his time in school worrying about being cool instead of his grades.
    Which is exactly what I meant by better choices

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    He says how bad things are and how he wants to change it, But what does he do on the week of the worst day on Wallstreet? Has a $29,000 per plate dinner tonight for his campaign in Beverly Hills......
    So...he is guilty for having a preplanned fundraiser dinner. Both are having fundraisers, what does it matter when they do it? The financial market has been in the news for months and even during the nomination process, all the candidates were raising money and no one, I didn't see any IA threads, complained. So, what is the difference between the nomination fundraising and the financial crisis and now?

Is there a problem with either candidate raising money for their campaign? Has that become immoral?
    92 EH2 - Current "We will build him, better, stronger, faster."
    98 EJ8 - Stolen ( Thieves)

What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

What the hell does the price of Obama's meal have to do with running the country? Obama's meal is as relevant as Mrs. McCain's dress.

Contradictary post alert
    please explain how

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23
    What the hell does the price of Obama's meal have to do with running the country? Obama's meal is as relevant as Mrs. McCain's dress.
    So...what is the looming national importance of either?

These are the types of "political issues" that are quite frankly ruining this election's politics. These "kiddie" issues are irrelevant and small. Gotta look at the big picture.

please explain how
    This is the best way I know to sum it up. Who is most likely to give you a job, a rich man or a poor man? Now what happens if you take all that rich man's money away? You don't have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by bafbrian

These are the types of "political issues" that are quite frankly ruining this election's politics. These "kiddie" issues are irrelevant and small. Gotta look at the big picture.
    Dont forget that it's one sided. When your bring up the "kiddie" issues such as Palin having a pregnant teenage daughter, the "kiddie" issues aren't relevant then.

And it's all fueled by who?

HINT:They are in your TV

Dont forget that it's one sided. When your bring up the "kiddie" issues such as Palin having a pregnant teenage daughter, the "kiddie" issues aren't relevant then.
    Again I challenge anyone to show how Palin's daughter has any effect on her ability to do her job. If anything it just shows that she is working more and parenting less which is fine by me. Like I have said before and I'll say it again because it's something I live by when it comes to. You go to work to get **** done and get paid for it. You DON'T get paid to bring your personal issues to work and let it bring down your performance level because in the end it costs boss money.

This is the best way I know to sum it up. Who is most likely to give you a job, a rich man or a poor man? Now what happens if you take all that rich man's money away? You don't have a job.
    Damn, those are some generous rich men. Majority of them I see are all about PROFIT, cutting jobs by replacing workers with machines or exporting work outside of the US so they pay lil Asian kids pennies on the dollar. We must not be talking about the same group of people.

Seriously, rich people are only out for themselves (with some exceptions).

Again I challenge anyone to show how Palin's daughter has any effect on her ability to do her job. If anything it just shows that she is working more and parenting less which is fine by me. Like I have said before and I'll say it again because it's something I live by when it comes to. You go to work to get **** done and get paid for it. You DON'T get paid to bring your personal issues to work and let it bring down your performance level because in the end it costs boss money.
    I challenge anyone to show how Obama's meal has any effect on his ability to do his job.

I challenge anyone to show how Obama's meal has any effect on his ability to do his job.
    I agreed with you on the hillarity of the ignorance of that post. way to dodge mine though

I don't recall a post where I said that. If you can show me, then I will concede. In my post, I didn't pick a side. I was speaking with regard to both sides. When I did post about my political allegiance, I consider myself a moderate because both parties do have valid claims on the issues of importance.

But, I will repeat my statement above, if you can show me a post where I advocated a side, please show me. Otherwise, don't assume I am supporting a particular candidate.

We need to get back to issues of importance: the economy, employment, education, foreign policy, and other NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.

Damn, those are some generous rich men. Majority of them I see are all about PROFIT, cutting jobs by replacing workers with machines or exporting work outside of the US so they pay lil Asian kids pennies on the dollar. We must not be talking about the same group of people.

Seriously, rich people are only out for themselves (with some exceptions).
    When you're talking about BIG corporate America you;re right but why is that? Unions maybe? And those are supported by who? And they in turn vote primarily for?

When you're talking about small business america it's a different story.

I don't recall a post where I said that. If you can show me, then I will concede. In my post, I didn't pick a side. I was speaking with regard to both sides. When I did post about my political allegiance, I consider myself a moderate because both parties do have valid claims on the issues of importance.

But, I will repeat my statement above, if you can show me a post where I advocated a side, please show me. Otherwise, don't assume I supporting a particular candidate.

We need to get back to issues of importance: the economy, employment, education, foreign policy, and other NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.

It wasn't directed to you. I was just adding to your statement.

And it's all fueled by who?

HINT:They are in your TV
    They are fueled by the candidates and biased media, depending on which station you pick, because the small, "kiddie" issues attract quick, short-lived attention.

Anytime one of these issues makes the news, those issues of importance take a back seat. When people found out Obama was raised in a country dominated by Islam, most were "up in arms" because he was deemed a Muslim.

When people found out about McCain's multiple houses, most were "up in arms" because he was seen not caring about the middle class because he was unaffected by the current crisis.

All the while, the issues of importance took a backseat, while short-lived as stated above, while these "kiddie" issues were leading news. Just like this whole fundraiser deal with Obama and the financial crisis, how do people expect these candidates to run a campaign with no money, on "hopes and dreams"?

It wasn't directed to you. I was just adding to your statement.

The way in which the post is phrased could imply political allegiance with the Palin pregnant daughter "issue".

If that is the case, then I do agree with you post from earlier.

What does that have to do with his ability to run the country? Fund raising dinners? This post is as bad as the media when it comes to things that are not even related to issues in the real world.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize
    What does that have to do with his ability to run the country? Fund raising dinners? This post is as bad as the media when it comes to things that are not even related to issues in the real world.
    Yup but eh what do you expect this country is full of sheep.

Ehhh fundraisers are fundraisers. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

ANyone watch Huckabee an Hannity tonight? pretty much PWNED OBama.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize

x2

Seriously, I know people have support for their candidates, but making something out of nothing is .

x2

Seriously, I know people have support for their candidates, but making something out of nothing is .
    When you see "issues" such as these in the media, particularly prevalence on certain outlets, you can clearly see were the biases are. At the same, when these issues are focused upon, those "die-hard" supporters cling to this issues as reasons to discredit the opposition.

The real questions regard these "issues": Why do I care? Of what importance is this?

In the end, these "issues" are meaningless. I say so, "so what, big whoop, who cares?"

So...he is guilty for having a preplanned fundraiser dinner. Both are having fundraisers, what does it matter when they do it? The financial market has been in the news for months and even during the nomination process, all the candidates were raising money and no one, I didn't see any IA threads, complained. So, what is the difference between the nomination fundraising and the financial crisis and now?

Is there a problem with either candidate raising money for their campaign? Has that become immoral?
    To me Democrat or Republican, in these times when they know the economy sucks, and they are basing thier campaigns on it, Having a $29,000 per plate funraiser for a campaign just goes against what they preach to me.

**For the record, I dont agree with either side having $29,000 per plate fund raisers for thier campaign, when they are both as concerened for the economy as they claim, this to me just says they care but then says pay be $30 grand for a plate of food so I can spend it to advertise on TV
    Last edited by Brett; 09-17-2008 at 06:18 AM.
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

IA KING

Typical Democrat Bull sh*t . LOL instead of going yea umm that is kinda weird you come back with some stupid **** on how much McCain's wife wardrobe is worth. What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I think the Dems are really playing on something from Swordfish here misdirection. "What the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes"
    bahhhhhhhhh talk about double edged sword...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    To me Democrat or Republican, in these times when they know the economy sucks, and they are basing thier campaigns on it, Having a $29,000 per plate funraiser for a campaign just goes against what they preach to me.

**For the record, I dont agree with either side having $29,000 per plate fund raisers for thier campaign, when they are both as concerened for the economy as they claim, this to me just says they care but then says pay be $30 grand for a plate of food so I can spend it to advertise on TV
    If that is the case, that point should have been made in you original post instead of complaining about Obama. Not trying to say you are wrong, but starting off with an unbiased starting post makes for a better discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast