View Poll Results: so does living CLOSE TO RUSSIA = Foriegn Policy?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 20.00%
  • No

15 75.00%
  • did they invade GA b/c I haven't seen any tanks?

5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: so does living CLOSE TO RUSSIA = Foriegn Policy?

IA KING

Default so does living CLOSE TO RUSSIA = Foriegn Policy?

so does being CLOSE TO RUSSIA = Foriegn Policy?

discuss.

no it does not count as foreign policy at all. Neither does how many heads of state you have met or how many countries you have visits count as foreign policy.

Paul when are you off work I'll give you a ring I was slammed all weeknd
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    no it does not count as foreign policy at all. Neither does how many heads of state you have met or how many countries you have visits count as foreign policy.

Paul when are you off work I'll give you a ring I was slammed all weeknd
    good answer but McCain disagrees w/ you.

anytime after 6pm is

Kidd...I don't believe it....we agree.

I think all parties involved are a little weak on that issue.

I want to vote on the third option just for the hell of it but I won't.
    This isn't the worst summer I've had around Savannah.
    Parris Island '01 - now that was one hell of a summer.

Patience Pays...

If so I got 18 years of foreign policy experience.. I think I'll run for governor.

i'm ready

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    If so I got 18 years of foreign policy experience.. I think I'll run for governor.
    I have over 23 years of public speaking experience, over 23 years of public relations experience, passed Business Law with an A, passed Corporate Finance with an A, passed Quantitative Analysis with a B, and 5 years of french......

Hell I think I can be a Foreign Ambassador to the International Research Finance Division in the Law office of the French Communication department!

Did I mention that I am turning 25 in October I am what every country needs, lol. And for military experience: 5 years of combat with a Daisey Hi Power 1200fps rifle and 2 years strategic paintball combat implementation.
    Last edited by AirMax95; 09-15-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    I have over 23 years of public speaking experience, over 23 years of public relations experience, passed Business Law with an A, passed Corporate Finance with an A, passed Quantitative Analysis with a B, and 5 years of french......

Hell I think I can be a Foreign Ambassador to the International Research Finance Division in the Law office of the French Communication department!
    One helluva business card!
    This isn't the worst summer I've had around Savannah.
    Parris Island '01 - now that was one hell of a summer.

french communication is quite easy...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilK9
    One helluva business card!
    Did I mention that I am turning 25 in October I am what every country needs, lol. And for military experience: 5 years of combat with a Daisey Hi Power 1200fps rifle and 2 years strategic paintball combat implementation.

Of course it does. This is American politics. You're experience doesn't actually have to be relative to the job you're applying for. Look at McCain, just because he crashed some planes in Vietnam, he goes around bragging about how he understands "National Security" so much better than Obama does.

I lived next to a lake for five years. In this country, that of course means I'm perfectly qualified to be an amphibian.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I used to live next door to a family from Iran. Maybe I could be his Secretary of State. Resume sent to [email protected]

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

Looks like you have more experience that obama......
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

^^^what's that really saying though...

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    ^^^what's that really saying though...
    Um, that he has more experience than obama.....didn't really think that is was that hard to decipher what I posted...
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

Please explain Puto lol
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Hahaha, thats a funny one.

I would run for mayor if i were you.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianStig
    Hahaha, thats a funny one.

I would run for mayor if i were you.
    Maybe even in Alaska...

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

sure why not, its not going to change who i vote for so i dont give a ****

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by redrumracer
    sure why not, its not going to change who i vote for so i dont give a ****
    its food for thought considering your candidates think that living close to another country you've never been too means you have foreign policy experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenMind
    Of course it does. This is American politics. You're experience doesn't actually have to be relative to the job you're applying for. Look at McCain, just because he crashed some planes in Vietnam, he goes around bragging about how he understands "National Security" so much better than Obama does.

I lived next to a lake for five years. In this country, that of course means I'm perfectly qualified to be an amphibian.
    I mean Really? Living next to a lake< being beat for 5 years in a foreign country and never gave up or broke...........wow it makes soo much since now

McCain has almost died for his country, has spent many nights wondering if that was his last, has put his country before himself multiple times. He has forgotten more about national security than Obama will ever know. I don't think you understand the Concept of "National Security", given you quote. You also might want to look into McCains history alittle further. Crashing some planes in VN was about 1/100th of what happened to McCain when he was there. He knows that there will have to be sacrifices to maintain a certain level of Security. He was an eye witness to many sacrifices. Make a point to check yourself before you make such a provencial comment.

OH and yes I am in the Military.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I read McCain's book Faith of my Fathers. In the book he writes about how he was offered early release because his father was an admiral. His captors sought to demoralize the other prisoners by showing them that because McCain was in a higher class in American society that he was privileged and they were not. The POW code provided by the US military stsates that POW's should be realeased primarily with concerns to health (critically injured first) secondarily in order of capture (first captured first released). McCain successfully resisted their attempts to send him home, keeping his obligation to the code and his fellow captives.

Thats all well and good. McCain is a war hero and no one disputes it. But his experience in Vietnam did not give him any greater understanding of national security or foreign policy. His experience in Vietnam was a personal struggle with his captors. I don't see any correlation to how that will keep america safe from terrorists.

Certified Gearhead

McCain is only good at provoking other countries.

I personally dont believe our actions in Iraq is related to America's security and I feel sorry for the ones that actually think it is.
    I have looked into his history, he has only gotten crazier.

But if he ever does become president, lets hope he is not as crazy ass pyscho as Cheney. Cheney is straight evil.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Thats all well and good. McCain is a war hero and no one disputes it. But his experience in Vietnam did not give him any greater understanding of national security or foreign policy. His experience in Vietnam was a personal struggle with his captors. I don't see any correlation to how that will keep america safe from terrorists.
    werd.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    werd.
    agreed.......Im glad that you read the book........lets be honest, neither of the candidates are clear winners........I have seen what we are in Iraq doing first hand. The media really plays up the conflict there, we are doing good, we are going after the people that house and support terrorism, and we are getting Iraq on a steady path towards, and we will go from Iraq to Afganistan, and Im sure to somewhere else, until we get rid of the threat of terrorism. I also have read many books about Veitnam and WW2 etc......most of them first hand accounts, and to know that McCain suffered the same, if not more, intense situations that some of the others have, and is still of sound mind and heart, he gets my vote over Obama anyday. Neither has great foreign policy, imho, but I give my vote to the guy that has at least been there, and done that ,verses the guy that stumbles over himself day after day when asked about foreign policy(because he has never been in charge of something, more or less in charge of anything to do with foreign policy). I believe that both parties have shorted themselves when it comes to the right candidate, but that doesnt matter anymore, we have to choose from what we got. And what we have is a VN vet who appreciates life and knows death and that sometimes it takes death to protect life, and then we have a guy that woke up one day and decided to run for president with no real qualifications at all. I vote McCain(as if you cant tell LOL), not really because I want to but because I have to, and the other options.....to me .....are last resort.
    Peace and God Bless America

Certified Gearhead

McCain's foreign policy is a big reason im not voting for him.

werd