Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bands

Default My Bands

Atreyu, Across Five Aprils, Norma Jean, It Dies Today, Alexisonfire, Fear Before the March of Flames, Poison the Well, Shai Hulud............

Anyone Else?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

NWA, CMW, Duran Duran, Talking Heads, Van Halen, PPC among others. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

IA KING

Atreyu, Across Five Aprils, Norma Jean, It Dies Today, Alexisonfire, Fear Before the March of Flames, Poison the Well, Shai Hulud............

Anyone Else?
    all good... i'm an old ATL hardcore kid back from the Act of Faith, Quadiliacha, Broken, Dawn of Orion, Whipper Snapper, MFR, etc. days.... i like black/death/speed metal , grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, indie, ambient, punk, etc... anything that you can rock out to

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    all good... i'm an old ATL hardcore kid back from the Act of Faith, Quadiliacha, Broken, Dawn of Orion, Whipper Snapper, MFR, etc. days.... i like black/death/speed metal , grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, indie, ambient, punk, etc... anything that you can rock out to
    Awesome. Yeah, Black Paper Diary (R.I.P.) Was from atlanta...Now some of their members made Twilight of the Idols. Alexisonfire is going to be at the madquerade on the 30th. I'll be there and chris is goin to (4bangin)

I have never been able to get into Atreyu even with my friends strongest attempts.

I like [insert your favorite band here, as long as its not country]. Seriously, I'll listen to anything that has the tinyist splinter of talent.

Mobb Deep, Nas, LOX, Canibus, Do Or Die

[80Nine Promotion - GFX Design/Model Sweatshop]
    [DescontrolEnAtlanta.com][coming soon]
    [atlantabikinicarwash.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Pher
    I have never been able to get into Atreyu even with my friends strongest attempts.

Ahhh thats just crazy. Atreyu is the shit. Lip Gloss and Black is the best song.

at the drive-in, deftones, day afte rday, colossick, sour green, ledgen has it, weezer, 311, rufio, queen of the stone age, stained, atreyu, green day, and many more...

yes i'm a fucking beaner!

oooo and i'm a screw head, anything that is SCREWED AND CHOPPED I WILL LISTEN TOO.

yes i'm a fucking beaner!

Certified Gearhead

Atreyu Puts On A Good Show... Dummer is SIXK... Saw em with Taking Back Sunday

Certified Gearhead

Tony Danzas tapdance extravganza, The Number Twelve Looks like you, Crytopsy, Alexisonfire, IT Dies Today, The Chariot, Old Underoath, old Poison the Well, American Nightmare (Give Up The Ghost), Pig Destroyer, Between The Buried and Me, Converge, The Adicts, Blitz, Fear Before the March of Flames, As I lay Dying, and theres a ton others but i feel ive listed to many as it is...

Ps. If any body knows and Drummers that can play pretty good Grind/Death/Chaotic/metal then gimme a holla cause my bands been looking for some one for a while now and we've found none in the macon area.

i just saw alexisonfire last night, they put on a great show. definately one of my favorite bands as of lately.

oh, and armor for sleep is amazing for anyone that hasn't heard them. they just released a new album last month and it's freaking incredible. i saw them here a few weeks ago and i think i might drive up to nashville on saturday to see them again.

emartu

Quote Originally Posted by CodyW
    i just saw alexisonfire last night, they put on a great show. definately one of my favorite bands as of lately.

oh, and armor for sleep is amazing for anyone that hasn't heard them. they just released a new album last month and it's freaking incredible. i saw them here a few weeks ago and i think i might drive up to nashville on saturday to see them again.
    haha, i was there too, i thought they rocked. i thought that first bad sounded like poop, but it may have been the sound issues. but yeah that was a killer concert.

pantera,hate breed,soul fly,marilyn manson,slipknot,static X

neil young,creed,old metallica,interpol,the cure,and the list goes on and on and on.but i do like a wide variety of music
    yes i am....

i missed most of the first band's set (the black maria), but i have their cd and it's kinda good. their guitar player used to be in grade (if you're familiar with them) who rocked, and they kinda have a similiar feel.

emartu

Quote Originally Posted by CodyW
    i missed most of the first band's set (the black maria), but i have their cd and it's kinda good. their guitar player used to be in grade (if you're familiar with them) who rocked, and they kinda have a similiar feel.
    well maybe it was the sound then, i was standing in the back right next to the sound board guy and he was messing with it, talking to the other guy and exchanging head shakes with him the whole first set...but then the second band came up and they sounded a lot better and the sound guys were just kicked back.

i wish i would have known more IA peeps were gonna be there, i went with 4bangin and one other guy but it would have been nice to meet some new people.

TOOL, Deftones, Sevendust, ZAO, Staind, One Side Zero, Boy Hits Car, Coal Chamber, Korn, Disturbed, and Trust Company. Those are a few I really like.

good stuff^^^ havent heard of one side zero.but the others are cool.im a huge david dramien fan.....
    yes i am....

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    well maybe it was the sound then, i was standing in the back right next to the sound board guy and he was messing with it, talking to the other guy and exchanging head shakes with him the whole first set...but then the second band came up and they sounded a lot better and the sound guys were just kicked back.

i wish i would have known more IA peeps were gonna be there, i went with 4bangin and one other guy but it would have been nice to meet some new people.
    yea my brother (Black Paper Diary) and i were gonna go but he had to work and i am out of the funds. Anyone going to see Silverstein on the 17th? Or Stranger By Day at swayzes saturday?
    Val for President

o yea bands i listen to: Fordirelifesake, Atreyu, Shai Hulud, The Bled, It Dies Today, Stretch Arm Strong, Norma Jean, Bane, Silverstein, the list goes on but im goin to bed...
    Val for President

that Rise Against, AOF, . . . show was pretty good. I like the AOF cd a lot but something just didnt click with me and I didnt like them live at all.

In Flames, Children of Bodom, Shadows Fall, Atreyu, Glassjaw, Strung Out, HIM, etc

I listen to so much music but those are some of my favs that you guys would recognize.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

AHHHHHHHHH I hate all of you!!!!!! I was going to go to that show but i had to work. I told Chris about it....Damnit this sucks.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Chuckster's Avatar

Korn, LP, SOAD, The Offspring, mushroom head, 311, BLiNK 182, Oasis, The Transplants, Steriogram, NIN, Tool, Godsmack, Dave Mathews Band, Shattersphere, Dry Kill Logic...list can go on and on and on but all time fav is KoRn

Val for President

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    o yea bands i listen to: Fordirelifesake, Atreyu, Shai Hulud, The Bled, It Dies Today, Stretch Arm Strong, Norma Jean, Bane, Silverstein, the list goes on but im goin to bed...
    all damn good bands you should check out Texas Is on Fire.

ok are they on purevolume or hxcmp3?
    Val for President

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    ok are they on purevolume or hxcmp3?

http://www.purevolume.com/texasisonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Whatthatslame
    all damn good bands you should check out Texas Is on Fire.

Thank you. Thats some good stuff.

anyone gonna see silverstein April 17th?
    Val for President

I might go...but i'll be there on May 5th to see The Chariot and Fear before the march of flames. Underoath and These Arms Are Snakes will be there too.

dude u dont need to respond to my questions on here. you can simply walk the whol 5 feet to my room and say "hey i might go"
    Val for President

you were in the bathroom dick

Forgot about Underoath and Stretch Arm Strong. I listened to both bands a lot back in high school.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

yea good shit
    Val for President

Certified Gearhead

Ill probly be going to the Chariot and Fear Before for show they are great but i don't care so much for the new underoath. Dallas was much better, his new Band kicks ass though

Maylene and the sons of Disaster

yea true older onderoath was better. not just vocals but musically it didnt sound so poppy. the old stuff had more breakdowns and shit, changing of times is a good cd. i am thinkin about going to that show but underoath is on the radio so it will prolly be sold out and blow cause all the little kids and their parents will be there. Plus the Atreyu/Norma Jean show was sold out and there was no radio bands on that set. so idunno should be an ok show
    Val for President

Certified Gearhead

it all depends if ive got the money, and if i have a car by then... cuase ive been wanting to see fear before for about 2 years now. But yeah old underoath was really good muscily in my opinion Changing of times is a good Cd but def not their best. I still can get over how awsome they used to be and now what they have come to be its just crapy they should just change there name cause there not even underoath anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatthatslame
    I still can get over how awsome they used to be and now what they have come to be its just crapy they should just change there name cause there not even underoath anymore.
    lol true
    Val for President

haha thats funny that you guys say that.

When I listen to music I never listen to the vocals, I just listen to the arranging and the structure of the music. Underoath really didnt change that much style-wise on their new CD its mainly just the new singer. I like it a lot but had a face like this when I first heard it. Listening to their CDs back to back it doesnt seem like there is as much of a difference with Changing of Times/Only Chasing Safety as there was between Changing of Times, Cries of the Past, and Acts of Depression.

I was the same way with the newest Stretch cd but it never really grew on me.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast