Thread: obama and biden flip flops

Default obama and biden flip flops

obama first
    1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

only needed one for biden makes me lirl every time i read it
    while still running for president biden states this about obama, “I think he can be ready but right now I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.”
    and also said this on the daily show with jon stewart
    "I would be honored to run with or against John McCain because I think the country would be better off."
    video clip here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV14xqelWxY
    now he is saying obama is the man for the job
    Last edited by 93ludew/h22a; 09-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    NO NWS

Never go full retard

While I definitely agree that some of them (Biden's for sure) is questionable, I honestly have no problem with "flip-flopping" if it is done because the person finally comes to their senses. Hell, the US would probably be doing a lot better economically and in the world's eyes if our current president wasn't so hard headed. There's no shame in changing your policies if you realize that they are currently retarded.

Note: I'm not necessarily trying to justify Obama and Biden here. I just don't like how in general pointing out "flip-flops" has become a commonplace attack on politicians. It's stupid.

The Philanthropist Dirty Octopus™'s Avatar

damn... i thought you were talking about actual "flip flops"

i was gonna go out and buy me a pair!

First Lady of Gecko SLOWLYbtngU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™

x2.... Thats what I thought at first!
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

i did that to compair admin's attack on palin
    NO NWS

Know what? THEY ALL DO IT. Every single one of them. Watch any old speech and compare it to new stuff, you will see inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by flak_monkey
    Know what? THEY ALL DO IT. Every single one of them. Watch any old speech and compare it to new stuff, you will see inconsistencies.
    see this is why i started this thread... when we try to say this about palin or mccain oh no its different.... but the minute it is about obama and biden we are bashing and it is unacceptable that isn't right
    NO NWS

Never go full retard

If I see one more of these - - in this thread, I'm going to punch a baby.

Haha anyways, back on topic, I posted the thread with Jon Stewart pointing out contradictions of Fox analysts and someone posted a statement very similar to Flak Monkey's. So, I'm pretty sure it goes both ways as far as people getting all up in arms about it.
    Last edited by Deke; 09-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.

runs leaving a 41lbs baby

lol.......

back on topic i do agree that having a flexible mind is good just it shouldn't be one sided as it is good for democrats but if a republican does it shame on them.... trust me yes i am more than likely voting for McCain and the only reason that is bc the libertarian candidate isn't impressive this year
    NO NWS

I wonder what went through Obama's mind when he closed his eyes.

WOW, that was almost heart-felt.

Or was it Edited that way!!!?!!

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?