Thread: Not quite a tech question, but I figured tech people have encountered this prob.

IA Member

Default Not quite a tech question, but I figured tech people have encountered this prob.

I have a 91 galant vr-4 that my dad got from his friend who is a mechanic. The mechanic acquired the car from the owner after giving him a 5k bill which the owner could not pay. The owner said to keep the car. I'm trying to figure out how I would go about getting a title for this car so it could at least be tagged. After finding this info out, I may sell the car. IDK. Here's a pic http://a920.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...f43febc237.jpg
    and Here's my My Cars album on myspace which has more pics of it. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1020763
    Last edited by iluvcumming; 02-07-2008 at 08:47 AM.

you gotta get it bonded

IA Member

any idea where to start on that?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

google " Bonded Title" in your zipcode an you find ppl that does it,, cost 120 + tag

we have done this quite a few times. the mechanic...your friend or u tryin to buy the car from him? Get him to ask for the title from the original owner. If the customer doesnt want to give it up, tell him/her to do a forclosure on it. Once the title is in his hands u can buy it from them straight up. EAsy as pie.

Almost all the cars we sell by the street we have done this method. We actually just applied for 2 more cars that are sitting in the back of the shop.

EDIT!!!!! Put that car up for sale so i can buy it! I love Galant VR-4s. sooooo sexy!
    The Carbon Fibered R6

IA Member

110k miles good paint, perfect interior. I gotto get in touch with em on that and see what can be done. Thx for you guys' info.