Thread: Firewire problems

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Default Firewire problems

Alright, on my new tower there is a firewire port in the very front. On my old computer I bought a firewire 1394 port to use with my digital 8 cam. Well now I have video of my dyno run, but when i plugged the firewire cord into the camcorder, nothin' popped up saying new device found. Are all firewire ports the same thing as 1394? I tried looking in device manager under all the tabs but couldn't find anything that said firewire... so maybe it's not installed? if so, where can I get drivers for this? It's a built in USB/firewire port in the front of my tower. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

damnit.... it's only midnight.. where are the smart people at?
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

IA KING

1394 is what you should be looking; i'm not sure if it will say firewall at all that is a mac term... but you should see that installed... now other things to check is to see if the port is connected to the motherboard, if so then make sure you firewire device is on and connnected, next reload your firewire device/port drivers, and still nothing... go buy a firewire card

Certified Gearhead

Diffidently see if it is connected on the motherboard. Admin hit it all.