Thread: Need help hooking up DVC Sub. not so newbie.

Banned

Default Need help hooking up DVC Sub. not so newbie.

k I bought a
    DHD dual voice coil sub
    DUAL 4OHM + 4OHM voice coil
    2OHM - 4OHM - 8OHM operation

Ok whats the best way to set this sub up. how do i wire it, it has 2 positives, and 2 negatives.
    ok if im running a MONO amp, how do i do it, and if im running a 2 ch amp, how do i do it.
    PLease help, pics would be good, even if its done in ms paint
    the sub is a 10inch 800wat max

im thinkin bout a 900wat Rockford fosgate mono amp. hows that?

Certified Gearhead

you need to find out the rms on the sub and the amp to match it up. if it is a dvc with 800 watts rms than you will need a amp with atleast 800 watts rms power to push the sub.
    with a mono amp connect both of the positive terminals with a wire. then take another wire from the positive and connect it to the positive terminal of the amp. do the same for the negative side.

with a 2 ch. amp connect two separate wires in each terminal of the amp, total of 4 wires 2 + and 2 -. take the 2 + wires and connect 1 of each to a + terminal on the subwoofer. do the same for the negative.

2007, 2008, & 2009 IASCA National SQi Champion Pro Ultimate
    Total of 5 National Sound Quality Championships.