Thread: Import Showdown

Default Import Showdown

I had a blast at Import Showdown. Thank you everyone who came!

I started in the right lane, and stayed in it the whole time. I'm superstitious like that lol. i was about 60/40. 60% of my runs i killed first gear so i sucked, 40% of the runs were a little better. i was VERY impressed by the track compared to commerce. commerce my best 60' was 2.2 with 10psi in my tires. my first pass at SDR with 32psi in the tires i got a 12.1 with a 2.2 60' .

i had to have ran my car like 20 times. i needed to work on my 60's. best run of the day was

*r/t 2.63 (i just went when i was rdy )
    *60' 1.996
    *330 5.290
    *1/8 7.906
    *mph 95.53
    *1000 10.090
    *1/4 11.959
    *mph 121.11

Bottom line, i can't see myself doing any better than high 11's on street tires, with a 3.54 open rear end.

I'm saving up for some better tires/rims

I get just a little of fourth gear in the 1/4 with the 3.54 open, so i would definately like to try a 3.7 lsd out of an 88 turbo 300zx, i think that gear would be perfect cause i'd get some rpm's outta 4th, plus it's the only ratio that's lsd.

I had a blast. and props to Mike.P @ p.m.s. for his consistency. he was my first race in competition and he dusted me wif da quickness out da competition. Then went on to win First place in the awd/rwd. GJ BRO!

2FAST4U

Great runs, very impressive for street tires. Your reaction time looks like mine when I'm trying
    Quote Originally Posted by Z U L8R
    I had a blast at Import Showdown. Thank you everyone who came!

I started in the right lane, and stayed in it the whole time. I'm superstitious like that lol. i was about 60/40. 60% of my runs i killed first gear so i sucked, 40% of the runs were a little better. i was VERY impressed by the track compared to commerce. commerce my best 60' was 2.2 with 10psi in my tires. my first pass at SDR with 32psi in the tires i got a 12.1 with a 2.2 60' .

i had to have ran my car like 20 times. i needed to work on my 60's. best run of the day was

*r/t 2.63 (i just went when i was rdy )
    *60' 1.996
    *330 5.290
    *1/8 7.906
    *mph 95.53
    *1000 10.090
    *1/4 11.959
    *mph 121.11

Bottom line, i can't see myself doing any better than high 11's on street tires, with a 3.54 open rear end.

I'm saving up for some better tires/rims

I get just a little of fourth gear in the 1/4 with the 3.54 open, so i would definately like to try a 3.7 lsd out of an 88 turbo 300zx, i think that gear would be perfect cause i'd get some rpm's outta 4th, plus it's the only ratio that's lsd.

I had a blast. and props to Mike.P @ p.m.s. for his consistency. he was my first race in competition and he dusted me wif da quickness out da competition. Then went on to win First place in the awd/rwd. GJ BRO!

LOL, thx man. my new tune didn't save itself, so he tuned it, but when i left it was running the old tune that was for the stock bore, so at like 5.5k rpm i was running 13.2 air fuels >_<, i'm glad i didn't go KABOOM friday night. saturday night he tuned it again, and she's running great. i'll see you this coming saturday hopefully =]

we had some fun runs on the way to SDR and on the way back.

I ran Boki, Iloveboost, and Thrust. Iloveboost definately's running much much better than our last go around and gawd i love racing v8's cause they sound wicked as hell, Thrust's car is frickin bad ass, i'm glad i got to meet you , and Boris is a cheating bastard ROFL jp jp, that's a Fast BMW thx again for dinner

Hopefully yall can post some new vids for the KF

ps. if anyone has any video of me at the track, if you can email it to me or pm me a link that'd be awesomely appreciated, good or bad runs i don't care. thx again =]
    Last edited by Z U L8R; 10-01-2007 at 09:58 AM.

i had fun lol. oh and congrats to daniel (iloveboost) for pulling milemarkers on me on the way home lol...

The EMPIRE

notch top s13

AHHHHh GO DAVE!!! WOOOOT LETHAL

All bark, no bite.

Quote Originally Posted by xs042
    AHHHHh GO DAVE!!! WOOOOT LETHAL
    2007 called. They want their thread back.

^ lol