Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: on thursday i will come to reality...

Default on thursday i will come to reality...*new update*

so awhile back i got a speeding ticket for goin 45 over......and this thursday the time has cometo face my dumbass mistake and face the judge for my fate......i know it was my fault for speeding...and i know nothing good will come from this..
    anyone have any good advice....i plan on just goin up there tellin him i was an idiot and wasnt thinking and i am guilty...good call or no?
    Last edited by 13Bracer; 04-12-2007 at 11:51 AM.

NIKON D90 | Sigma 10-20mm | 18-105mm | 50mm 1.8 | SB-600 speedlightNIKON Squad

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Good call. Step up and accept it. I commend you on that. So will the judge. I know he hears so many times all the bullshit that younger people give to try and get out of a ticket. Honesty will help. Big time. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

^^Idiot with a car key ;) jmmx258's Avatar

If you can tell if the judge is in a good mood, use a little humor. I was doin 15 over back home and got pulled over. The judge asked my why. I told him well I could lie to you and tell you I didn't, then give you a full of crap reason why it wasn't me. I was stupid enough to do this, but not near enough to lie to you" He laughed, cut my fine in half and dropped coure costs

if you don't have a lawyer then you will def get your shit suspended for 6 months

if you don't want the suspension plead NOLO and don't ever go that fast again.....

did you go to jail?

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

45 over he might not be in that good of a mood
    bit different from 15 over to 45 over lol
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    Good call. Step up and accept it. I commend you on that. So will the judge. I know he hears so many times all the bullshit that younger people give to try and get out of a ticket. Honesty will help. Big time. Later, QD.
    maybe but not who knows.. he needs to get a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by PhAtBoYMr2
    if you don't have a lawyer then you will def get your shit suspended for 6 months

if you don't want the suspension plead NOLO and don't ever go that fast again.....

did you go to jail?
    well no i didnt go to jail....no i am not goin to have a lawyer...

thanks man.....just figured that was the best thing to do...man up to the shit you did..

oh yeah and is there a way i can not get my shit suspended...i go to school full time and have a full time job...so i kinda need my car..?

Quote Originally Posted by 13Bracer
    well no i didnt go to jail....no i am not goin to have a lawyer...

thanks man.....just figured that was the best thing to do...man up to the shit you did..

oh yeah and is there a way i can not get my shit suspended...i go to school full time and have a full time job...so i kinda need my car..?
    if you need your car then it shouldn't be difficult to see that you NEED a lawyer. 45 over is a big deal

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

With that mileage over, it's very hard to say. You can try asking the solicitor about a work/school license. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

With that mileage over, it's very hard to say. You can try asking the solicitor about a work/school license. Later, QD.
    He really needs a lawyer. My speeding ticket last year was for 27 over and I was told that there was no way I would keep my license if I didn't get a lawyer.

yeah its very hard to say....well im goin to talk to a solicitor tomorrow so we will see how that goes..and i will ask them about that...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    if you need your car then it shouldn't be difficult to see that you NEED a lawyer. 45 over is a big deal
    yeah i know its a big deal...thas why im a lil sccared on goin to court..i would hire a lwyer but from the car i drive(refer to sig) im a lil broke right now..stupid ass rotary!!!

lawyer saved my ass from a 25 over. get one

yeah its very hard to say....well im goin to talk to a solicitor tomorrow so we will see how that goes..and i will ask them about that...thanks

yeah i know its a big deal...thas why im a lil sccared on goin to court..i would hire a lwyer but from the car i drive(refer to sig) im a lil broke right now..stupid ass rotary!!!
    i c

well not to be negative, but in all honesty i don't think there is a way you will keep your full license, maybe a permit for work or school like QD you can argue for. but just to drive around is very unlikely that you will keep it w/o a lawyer.

be prepared for the worst in other words, not saying it will happen; but then you won't get let down and you will have a better argument. If you are defending yourself though just plead guilty and have a good speach prepared for how sorry you are and how you really need your license, maybe the judge will take pity

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    i c

well not to be negative, but in all honesty i don't think there is a way you will keep your full license, maybe a permit for work or school like QD you can argue for. but just to drive around is very unlikely that you will keep it w/o a lawyer.

be prepared for the worst in other words, not saying it will happen; but then you won't get let down and you will have a better argument. If you are defending yourself though just plead guilty and have a good speach prepared for how sorry you are and how you really need your license, maybe the judge will take pity
    yeah i will more then likely be defending myself...but im going to try and push for a permit for work and school........
    oh yeah and i am never speeding again!!!!Ha

That sucks man. I spent 6 months without a license when I was 18. It was awful.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_S13®
    That sucks man. I spent 6 months without a license when I was 18. It was awful.

me too, i sat at home and painted my car. LOL
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

how much are you selling the rx7 for
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC
    how much are you selling the rx7 for

that or sell a kidney
    so cold haha

I am not trying to be a dick. But if you can't afford a lawyer, I really doubt u can afford the high ass fine you're about to get. I hope you can use public transporation or friends that will drive you ever where, if not yoiu're fucked
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

I'm pretty sure the judge will be pretty harsh on you man, I mean there is no reason to be going 45+ in the judges eyes and that much over the limit the judge might consider you as a hazardous threat or nab you with vehicular endangerment on public roads.

Definately go talk to the DA before you get called. As soon as you go into the court room go talk to the DA. My ticket was only 26 over but the DA asked that I have all the consequences of a 26 over ticket except for loosing my liscence. Talk to the DA and tell the judge the truth when he asks for your side and it will really help.

Also dress nice and if you live with your parents bring them with you. It shows that someone is at home and keeping track of you. Not just letting you run wild. Also the judge can decide not to accept your plea of NOLO and sentence you harsh anyway.
    Last edited by R3RUN; 04-09-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Dude don't even waste your time, no Judge or DA is going to help you out when you were doing 45 mph over the speed limit. You should have gotten a small loan to hire a lawyer, thats your only chance out of the matter
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

I accelerated to the speedlimit too fast. Called "inner contest of speed". Went to court with out a lawyer, plead "No Contest" and lost my license for 1.5 years. Get a lawyer.

Seriously dude, seriously. This is what I'd do.

Walk up to the judge or DA and be like "Look I fucked up, I was speeding." Then pull out a bottle of KY from your pocket, hand it to them and say "Please be gentle."

That'd be so awesome. Do it.

///M power... someday

Quote Originally Posted by R3RUN
    Definately go talk to the DA before you get called. As soon as you go into the court room go talk to the DA. My ticket was only 26 over but the DA asked that I have all the consequences of a 26 over ticket except for loosing my liscence. Talk to the DA and tell the judge the truth when he asks for your side and it will really help.

Also dress nice and if you live with your parents bring them with you. It shows that someone is at home and keeping track of you. Not just letting you run wild. Also the judge can decide not to accept your plea of NOLO and sentence you harsh anyway.
    I have to strongly agree with this comment. Dressing appropriately shows respect for the court and the judge and blah blah. I also agree with the parents part. It will increse the chnaces that the judge won't be as harsh on you.

Certified Gearhead

what county were you in? and how old are you?

walk in and tell them that you plead the fif

Quote Originally Posted by B18CDELSLO
    what county were you in? and how old are you?
    up in g-ville....(hall county)
    19.....no previous tickets

KING OF SIGS BISH FRO RRY Rican219's Avatar

up in g-ville....(hall county)
    19.....no previous tickets
    Hate to say it man but you will have no license. I was 20 when I got busted and the Judge said no if's ands or butts License gone and NO WORK permit allowed. That was with a lawyer. 21 and under there is no tolerence. I also had a clean record till then.

I was going 127 in a 55 BUT the point is the judge stated no work permit for 21 over the limit regardless of the speed and I almost lost my job at the time and I was also in school. I had to catch a ride every where.

Not trying to scare you but don't go in there with hopes up because to make it worse you were caught in Hall county and they suck balls.
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
    2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
    2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
    2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
    Most recent cars list is too long

Better get a continuance, get a lawyer and hope to God he can keep your license.

You can NOT get a temporary license for school/work. You have to be 21. Being that you were born in 1987, you dont have a chance.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

i got a grand on your car since you arent gonna have your liscense.. lol

for real though, you HAVE to get a lawyer, unless you are ready to loose your liscense, do some comunity service, and pay fines.. oh, not to mention the insurance raping you will get
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

get a continuance to extend your court date, go take a defensive driving class, go back to court, speak with the solicitor(show him the certificate from the dd class) and tell him you're not concerned with the fines, just your record. Once they tell you how much you'll pay and you go before the judge and get told how much it will be, apologize for being stupid. Remember, you dont have to pay the fine that exact day. If you need time, tell them, they're very likely to give you at LEAST 30 days to pay the fine, up to 60 days if you request it.
    02' Miata

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    walk in and tell them that you plead the fif
    1 2 3 4 FIF!

well so i just talked to m soliciter(sp) and she said i would be lookin at about 6months licsense suspension and a couple hundred dollar fine......she told me they cant lower the speed but to talk to the DA on the day of court and he might be able to help me out....so who knows

well so i just talked to m soliciter(sp) and she said i would be lookin at about 6months licsense suspension and a couple hundred dollar fine......she told me they cant lower the speed but to talk to the DA on the day of court and he might be able to help me out....so who knows
    yeah, when you call ahead, they usually don't help you unless you are a lawyer. It's best to talk to the solicitor the day you go into court. They want their money, the sooner you agree to something, the sooner they get the money. You start prolonging that process, most of the time they start working with you to settle on something so they can get their money lol.
    02' Miata

Under 21 means no good. When I got my drag racing ticket and went in there with my mother, they didn't care. I couldn't apply for a work permit either because I was too young.

I say good luck to you, sir.

well just got back from court....not even as bad as i was looking forward to.......got a $250 fine....and a license suspension of 6 months..
    what pissed me off was the kid before me was goin 43 over and (i was goin 45 over) all he got was a $250 fine......and he was a year younger than me with 3 tickets on his record and i had a clean one....i was like WTF i wanted to say somethin but didnt...but overall it sucks but not nearly as bad as i was thinkin....

well just got back from court....not even as bad as i was looking forward to.......got a $250 fine....and a license suspension of 6 months..
    what pissed me off was the kid before me was goin 43 over and (i was goin 45 over) all he got was a $250 fine......and he was a year younger than me with 3 tickets on his record and i had a clean one....i was like WTF i wanted to say somethin but didnt...but overall it sucks but not nearly as bad as i was thinkin....
    maybe because you didnt do defensive driving and community service beforehand
    Val for President

Lies. They dropped 3mph off of my speed so I could keep my liscence. Sucks about the liscence suspension though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast