Thread: Can I borrow a helmet someone?

Certified Gearhead

Default Can I borrow a helmet someone?

If anyone is planning to go to the track next friday march 18th,(suppose to be nice. Warm and a little overcast) would anyone be willing to let me borrow a helmet for some runs? Let me know! Thanks in advance!

Calling out 06blkbalt raven97990's Avatar

Helmets=$100-250.... BUY ONE.... if you are that fast, you have some money, or your parents have money

Drifter/Kneedragger

you can get a full faced Bell helmet at wally world for like $80

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by HiPSI
    you can get a full faced Bell helmet at wally world for like $80
    may not be legal though if its just a motorcycle helmet....has to be snell95 approved....commerce checks that stuff sometimes as well.

mine just says SNELL and DOT approved... motorcycle helmet too. $160.... it's also kind of nasty putting on someone else's sweaty helmet let alone having someone borrow yours.
    Last edited by 93H22ACX; 03-28-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    94 Supra= 500rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by raven97990
    Helmets=$100-250.... BUY ONE.... if you are that fast, you have some money, or your parents have money
    ^^^I thought the same exact thing when i read the post

So +1

Lights and Sirens

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by raven97990
    yea.... i've heard georgia tracks and tracks in some other states want you to wear helmets for cars running in the 14's, I've seen some stock cars run 14's... cheap stock cars. so i could in turn understand him needing to borrow a helmet, for he may not have the money to spend on a helmet for a few runs at the local drag-strip.... i wouldn't buy one... WHERE"S THE LOVE>>???

XLR8SHEN FOE LizzziFeE iNsTuN nOoDoH's Avatar

i got my marvin the martian helmet that i got from six flags.

Quote Originally Posted by 93H22ACX
    it's also kind of nasty putting on someone else's sweaty helmet let alone having someone borrow yours.

there yah go, that's the main issue here

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by Code3
    yea.... i've heard georgia tracks and tracks in some other states want you to wear helmets for cars running in the 14's, I've seen some stock cars run 14's... cheap stock cars. so i could in turn understand him needing to borrow a helmet, for he may not have the money to spend on a helmet for a few runs at the local drag-strip.... i wouldn't buy one... WHERE"S THE LOVE>>???

you have to be 13.99 or faster to require a helmet. yes there are stock cars that can run that, but if you bought a car that fast and have decided to take it out to the track then surely you can spend $100 on a helmet. after seeing people get lice from loaner helmets i would never go that route unless it's someone i knew really well, not a random person on a web forum.