Thread: Subwoofer Trouble

Default Subwoofer Trouble

i ran my system and the head unit and speakers work. When i hooked up my mono amp to my subwoofer. The power comes on then goes off. i tried it on a couple of different amps and it all did the same thing. i double check all the wiring and everything was correct. what could it be?

MROZ10

Do you have a meter? If so, test the power terminals on the amp and see what is loosing current when the power goes off. If it's the battery power (12v constant), a common culprit is a bad fuse or fuse holder. If it's the ground, reground to chassis ground. If it's the remote wire, make sure you are using the blue w/ white trace. If bad you can switch over to switched wire on your radio (usually red if aftermarket radio), but you may get a turn on thump. Hope this helps.

yea my friend has a meter which we are gonna test out today. but it did the same thing to two of the mono amps i tried. The fuse in the fuse holder is still good...i may be the fuse holder? the ground i mounted to a bracket off my rear seats that runs to the frame. i was told i could use the orange or pink wire (power antenna) if my blue remote is bad.

You need to double and tripple check your ground wire and verify that it is going to a chassis ground location. Sounds like you are getting a brown out if this is happening on different amps with the same wiring. Most people run at least 8 gauge power/ground wires for amps. Hope this helps,

Scott
    350z

appreciate the post..its the ground wire...i had it mounted to a seat bracket instead of the frame...easy fix..thanks

I Just Wanna Be Loved... 99ITRGIRL's Avatar

mine did that too. Mine was th ground wire. The first time it was pinched and I dont know whats goingn on with it now. Gotta fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevykev
    No "I" in Team?? But there's a "U" in sUck lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by AtifSajid
    You momma so stupid she told everyone to repost shit.
    http://www.myspace.com/ashtonluv