Thread: DEATH. Who sees it alot andd your opinion on it?

Certified Gearhead

Default DEATH. Who sees it alot andd your opinion on it?

I thinking about applying for a job were i would see death everyday. Im just wondering how this would e/affect me mentally?

Im not very religous or compassionate and i dont want to loose the little bit of compassion i do have.

Whos in the army or works as a coroner on IA?

Tuff it out pussy.

lol

The EMPIRE

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 81911
    Tuff it out pussy.
    Ethug

IA's official battery rep gtikid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumpdaccord
    Ethug
    I hardly call that an Ethug. I found it funny in fact.

FUCK GRAN TURISMO EAST!! NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AN ALIGNMENT!! TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!

Toyota Tech

Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows. You could get there, your first day break down and start crying like a 3 year old. Or, you could realize its just a dead body, and be fine with it.

If you don't want to lose your compassion, then don't go into the business. My family is in the funeral home business, and I see dead people all the time.I guess Seeing dead people does not bother me because I have been around it my whole life. I know it might seem wrong but i don't even refer to them as dead people, just bodies. A body can't harm you. It just sits there. . . doing nothing. After you handle your first body, you will get used to them quickly.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Gutling
    Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows.
    im asking peoples opinions on how it affected them and how they think somebody new to the business would react.like the poster above^^^

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by gtikid
    I hardly call that an Ethug. I found it funny in fact.
    good for you

honestly i see it like this.. i really don't like to see people die but hey it's a part of life that we will al go thru one day regardless if we like it or not. we all have to die one day. it is the only thing that is equal or far in life..
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

It will change you, but how much is diffrent for every person. I've seen death of every sort: hate, violence, natural, young, old, self inflicted, clean, mushy, bloody, and peacefull. Eventually it doesn't bother you anymore, but unfortuantly to get by it becomes part of the job, which is fairly cold and distant. It's up to you, the main thing is to maintain perspective.

my dad is a firefighter so he sends me pic, videos, and the constant stories about people dying. it would deff be somthin u would have to get used to

Senior Member | IA Veteran

kill youself and find out about death , first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gutling
    Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows. You could get there, your first day break down and start crying like a 3 year old. Or, you could realize its just a dead body, and be fine with it.
    im asking peoples opinions on how it affected them and how they think somebody new to the business would react.like the poster above^^^
    I thinking about applying for a job were i would see death everyday. Im just wondering how this would e/affect me mentally?

Im not very religous or compassionate and i dont want to loose the little bit of compassion i do have.

Whos in the army or works as a coroner on IA?

FUCK GRAN TURISMO EAST!! NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AN ALIGNMENT!! TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!

Emergency Medical Tech

it depands on the cause of death of that person.It didn't bother me if I see someone died from cardiac arrest,but it does bother me when I saw someone died from a wreck,fire,plane crash ect ect.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Ethug
    Yea that makes sense, Pussy.

I see dead people.

I'm a Forensic Science student, working on a Crime Scene Investigation Technician degree. I work with it everday, and I don't look at as an emotional event. If you do, then you're doomed. It's work. Sometimes yes, you get those scenarios that rip your heart out, especially with children, but you do your job and go home to appreciate your family even more.
    Everyone dies, not everyone lives...

"Easy" is an adjective used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.

The biggest thing is how they go and what your involvment in the death process is. We were allways trying to save them.

I think the only one that got to me was the mom who threw a pizza in the oven, fell asleep, and woke up with the house on fire and burned her son up.......... It was ok untill she started saying he was suppost to graduate form kindergarden the next day................ Everyone else left the room crying, I pushed it down and stayed because it was techincally a crime scene and evidence at that point, someone had to maintain integrity of the scene and evidence.................

how often do you think you could call a dead 5 year old evidence and a crime scene

Quote Originally Posted by Big J
    The biggest thing is how they go and what your involvment in the death process is. We were allways trying to save them.

I think the only one that got to me was the mom who threw a pizza in the oven, fell asleep, and woke up with the house on fire and burned her son up.......... It was ok untill she started saying he was suppost to graduate form kindergarden the next day................ Everyone else left the room crying, I pushed it down and stayed because it was techincally a crime scene and evidence at that point, someone had to maintain integrity of the scene and evidence.................

how often do you think you could call a dead 5 year old evidence and a crime scene
    Damn dude, that's some tough shit right there man. I probably would of been one of those who left. Actually, I probably wouldn't of been there to begin with haha. I get all weird when I see shit like that

Quote Originally Posted by Big J

As hard as it is, it's your job. It doesn't mean your uncompassionate, but it does take a toll on you sometimes. Like you said, classifying a child as a piece of evidence is very difficult, but crucial.
    Everyone dies, not everyone lives...

"Easy" is an adjective used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    If you don't want to lose your compassion, then don't go into the business. My family is in the funeral home business, and I see dead people all the time.I guess Seeing dead people does not bother me because I have been around it my whole life. I know it might seem wrong but i don't even refer to them as dead people, just bodies. A body can't harm you. It just sits there. . . doing nothing. After you handle your first body, you will get used to them quickly.
    But they can fart like a mutha-fucka!!
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."