Thread: window tint spraycan stuff

Default window tint spraycan stuff

I know this is a cheap way to tint your tails,but i didnt like how the window film left bubbles and crap.and i dont have a RC hobby store around me anymore.
    I do have a Hobby Lobby rignt next to myhouse,does any1 know if they sell that stained glass stuff,or what people use to spray there lights with to smoke them out?

Thanks

blank

i do them but its more expensive than that spray can stuff. get what you pay for

IA's Real Window Tinter

bucky he is looking to spray tint his windows

no he wants to tint his tails...

well... you could try and spray can it and if it turns out like ass then just get bucky to do it...

OR... you could just get bucky to do it right the first time: he smoked my ambers just a little bit:

VHT Nightshades... comes in a spray can... works ok... i've used it and it gave me acceptable results for what I wanted. Don't expect it to do an awesome job tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricer
    VHT Nightshades... comes in a spray can... works ok... i've used it and it gave me acceptable results for what I wanted. Don't expect it to do an awesome job tho.

you're name says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by imbosile
    you're name says it all.
    hahaha.... wow..

dude said he wanted a cheap tint job.. i gave him a cheap suggestion... i'd be willing to bet he doesnt have a compressor, a proper spray gun, and a clean enough environment to get a dirt free tint job.. or even the knowledge of how to make a proper spray "tint"... which is why I gave him the answer I did.

if he had asked.. "what is the best way to tint tails"... my answer would have been MUCH different...

anyways... here is the before and after of the tail lights i did on my old Si:
    before:

after:

Last edited by Ricer; 03-08-2008 at 03:02 PM.

im bored.i took off the 20% window film along time ago.just want somthing to do.
    and actually i do have a compressor, and 3 spray gunes.i work at a body shop. im just bored and want to spray them.

you work at a body shop and can't think of a way to tint your tail lights?

i dont want to spend the money that i would to use materials,when i can go get that $6 can and give me somthing to do for a hr today.lol

the real question was is if Hobby Lobby sells stuff like that.

CHIEF LITTLEFINGERS! SixSquared's Avatar

Did it hurt when you bumped your damn head this morning?

Fuck stance. Stance is for kids in skinny jeans with Justin Beiber haircuts. You don't need stance when you got swagger.

Barefoot Motorsports

dont go cheap just pay bucky to do it right the first time.

Use the Niteshades by VHT and you will get the results you want if you spend the time. SPray then wetsand/clear, then wetsand/clear, etc, etc.

(Yes I know there is a run in this one, that was my fault...but honestly I dont care enough to fix it lol.)
    I did my turn signals a year or so ago, and they look great. I did about 4 coats of vht, with wetsanding in between each coat, then a coat of clear, then a wetsand, then another shot of clear. How many coats of niteshades though,depends on how dark you wan the lens to be.
    Last edited by mushroom_toy; 03-09-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1NonlyAccord
    i dont want to spend the money that i would to use materials,when i can go get that $6 can and give me somthing to do for a hr today.lol

the real question was is if Hobby Lobby sells stuff like that.
    Oh an by the way good tint, like niteshades is aorund 10-11 bucks a can depending on where you buy it, plus sandpaper, and any masking tape, etc. More than likely you wont find anything worthwhile in hobby lobby as when i was looking i couldnt even find any candy apple red. I had to buy my spray at a specialty store. I got mine at Redline in Gainesville, ga.

Also this is a pretty good tutorial http://www.corrado-club.ca/mods/tailtints.html

Really though if you want it done right and good, just take your time. Prep work is everything.
    Last edited by mushroom_toy; 03-09-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom_toy
    Oh an by the way good tint, like niteshades is aorund 10-11 bucks a can depending on where you buy it, plus sandpaper, and any masking tape, etc. More than likely you wont find anything worthwhile in hobby lobby as when i was looking i couldnt even find any candy apple red. I had to buy my spray at a specialty store. I got mine at Redline in Gainesville, ga.
    ya i went up there yesterday and they had the "stained glass" stuff but only had yellow and blue left.
    so i went a head and just orderd a small can off ebay.haha

itakepictures

window tint works for me and i can always go back to stock if i need to sell the car or w/e.
    dont take anything i say srsly. its the interwebs.

spray > tint overlay..

spray is reversible, just like tint overlay.. sand them down and polish.. did that on my friend's taillights, looked brand new..

I used the hobby loby model tint and the **** came off. Just get bucky to do it
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

im thinking about tinting mine

All about them Dirty Birdz

Im doing it again cause I have some left but if it wears off again, I am going to bucky
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon
    Im doing it again cause I have some left but if it wears off again, I am going to bucky

clearcoat over it