Thread: Da9 ABS removal help

Default Da9 ABS removal help

Wanting to remove the ABS system off my Da9 integra. I know I'm going to have to run all new hard lines, from what I've been told, but I'm looking for a write-up of it somewhere to show me step by step instructions. Any help would greatly be apperciated.

Thanks, Tyler.
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

Barefoot Motorsports

its real easy, just take ALL the front brake hard lines off, from the lines going from the mc, lines off the ABS unit, the ones goin through the shock tower that leads to the front disc brakes (but not the soft lines that connects to it).
    then theres two hard lines comming from the rear that connects to a 4 way prop v. that goes to the abs unit, and the ones that are comming off it, take those off.
    and now unbolt all the ABS shit, from the unit by the shock tower to the canister that bolts to the front crossmember.
    but be careful when unboltin those lines that go to it because its pressurized.

so what i did to drain it, ... theres a single hard line that connects to another canister running off the ABS unit thats bolted on the font frame rail right above the crossember, unscrew that slowly it it will slowly drain out..

but you will need ALL the non ABS brake lines, prop v. and a non ABS mc too.
    (go to BOBS and there is a white RS da that still has all the lines on it.)

ATL DAsquad Member #9

Quote Originally Posted by .:Stirfry:. View Post
    its real easy, just take ALL the front brake hard lines off, from the lines going from the mc, lines off the ABS unit, the ones goin through the shock tower that leads to the front disc brakes (but not the soft lines that connects to it).
    then theres two hard lines comming from the rear that connects to a 4 way prop v. that goes to the abs unit, and the ones that are comming off it, take those off.
    and now unbolt all the ABS shit, from the unit by the shock tower to the canister that bolts to the front crossmember.
    but be careful when unboltin those lines that go to it because its pressurized.

so what i did to drain it, ... theres a single hard line that connects to another canister running off the ABS unit thats bolted on the font frame rail right above the crossember, unscrew that slowly it it will slowly drain out..

but you will need ALL the non ABS brake lines, prop v. and a non ABS mc too.
    (go to BOBS and there is a white RS da that still has all the lines on it.)

Thanks, Sterling. And also.. thanks, Barefoot.
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

rolla rollin

what color you goin to paint the engine bay?